Champagne

sprite

I am a champagne freak, however my favorite house is Krug without a doubt......... So many amazing vintages and varietals, not to mention they have one of the best NV in the field which is pretty moderately priced!

I am a champagne freak, however my favorite house is Krug without a doubt......... So many amazing vintages and varietals, not to mention they have one of the best NV in the field which is pretty moderately priced!

English please. What the hell does "best NV" mean?

English please. What the hell does "best NV" mean?

NV means Non Vintage, its a blend over multiple vintages which in turn is to try and create a base wine which taste theoretically the same through every year, production after production.

As an analogy, think of it like a bottle of crown royal whiskey. Whenever you drink the crown royal, 80% of the time it has the exact same taste and flavor as you remember from the previous times you have drunk the brand. It always has that classic taste which is reminiscent to crown royal and differs from other brands

Louis roerderer

All of them are great. Had a few bottles of LR Cristal which is my favorite overall.

Deuce is correct.

Though I still maintain that I am nit sure I want to live in a world where she is correct.

You are starting to sound like a broken record my friend :P :icon_butt:

lous0013-400w.jpg

Personally I really like this but I'm sure Deuce will have something bad to say about it.

Yup, no comment!!!!!!!

Guest Rob Burgundy

If your taste in champagne is anything like your taste in cars then Im not listening to shit you say! :icon_thumleft:

Louis roerderer

All of them are great. Had a few bottles of LR Cristal which is my favorite overall.

Louis Roederer does indeed have some great vintages and they make a fantastic blend. However generally speaking from vintage to vintage the have been known to be just ok. I am a firm believer that Cristal has soo much hype around it that everybody just assumes it is the best and most expensive blah blah blah, but generally speaking it is NOT one of the best and majority of it is hype comes from the rap community, clubs etc.

I have a collection of Cristal from the following vintages which are very nice: 1975, 1979, 1982, 1985, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1993, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2002

96' was a great year across the board in Champagne, so many houses had a remarkable wine and great buys out there for perfection like Dom, Salon, Tattinger, Pol Roger, Bollinger, Veuve La Grande Dame, Billecart-Salmon etc.

If your taste in champagne is anything like your taste in cars then Im not listening to shit you say! :icon_thumleft:

And your talking???? LOL :lol2: :lol2:

Sprite if you are looking for something really good and fairly cheap, I personally highly recommend Laurent Perrier NV and their Rose NV. I much prefer them over the competition in the same price range of Vueve NV, Louis Roederer NV, Perrier Jouet NV, Moet etc.

well I'm no expert, but i'm a heavy champagne drinker....

i always have a couple os boxes of veuve cliquot and D. Perignon @home...

For a budget ($40-60 and I would not drink anything else less expensive than this) White Star and Veue Cliequot. For the upper end by far Krug and Crystal.

For a budget ($40-60 and I would not drink anything else less expensive than this) White Star and Veue Cliequot. For the upper end by far Krug and Crystal.

White Star, or now called Imperial, sucks. Completely blant taste. I really would love to see a taste test done between Wycliff Brut and any other Brut on the market. Sprite is gonna be trying it in a few days, I can't wait to see what he says!!