Damn 997TT Tip is the shizzit

Allan-Herbie

Only ECU mods and air filter in 95 degree heat!

Top speed achieved during that run was 189 MPH.

The car trapped a quarter mile of 128.84 MPH in 11.16 seconds.

Run1TopSpeed_189MPH.jpg

So fast for the $$$.

Some reference numbers:

LP560-4: 0-150mph, 15.6 seconds

997.2 PDK: 0-150mph, 16.2 seconds

That tip doesn't drop off as speeds climb either, the LP560's time to 180mph was 27.6 in the same test...

This might be a silly questions, but is this the 2010 PDK? Or is this the 997.1 tip?

So fast for the $$$.

Some reference numbers:

LP560-4: 0-150mph, 15.6 seconds

997.2 PDK: 0-150mph, 16.2 seconds

That tip doesn't drop off as speeds climb either, the LP560's time to 180mph was 27.6 in the same test...

Well in my own lp560 test, 0-60 was 3.6 and 0-100 was 7.6 with 2 people in it.. 1/4 11.6@124.. Now TurboMike has pretty much repeated those results with the car.. This 997TT tip would def pull a lp560 with its 128+mph in the 1/4 from a roll,but prob not too badly. From a dead stop Lp has no shot..

But now imagine turbo mods, exhaust,intercoolers etc.. They now also have mods for the tip that greatly improve shift times. Its now prob possible with minimal mods to have a very low 10 sec daily driveable Tip.

I think the fastest Ive seen reported is 10.3@133 for a swiss cheese car, also Aarons car went 10.6@132.. And neither of those cars have any of the latest mods that have been introduced.. Off the line these cars are monsters.

This might be a silly questions, but is this the 2010 PDK? Or is this the 997.1 tip?

Its a 997.1 Tip.. tested in Kuwait on Vbox..

What is it that they do for torque to literally "throw" these cars forward with such speed but barely over 500hp??

So when it comes to modding is the Tip still king over the PDK? how much power can the PDK's take?

I sold my 997tt modded tip in favor of a stock 997tt PDK. Tip was faster, but a stock PDK owns all tips, period. Its like comparing a Veyron to a TTG.

I am not sure how much power the PDK will take, but I am sure people will find the limit and upgrade it as needed. Best transmission by a mile in any car I have owned or driven.

I sold my 997tt modded tip in favor of a stock 997tt PDK. Tip was faster, but a stock PDK owns all tips, period. Its like comparing a Veyron to a TTG.

I am not sure how much power the PDK will take, but I am sure people will find the limit and upgrade it as needed. Best transmission by a mile in any car I have owned or driven.

Oh Im sure the PDk is far better, however I look at from dollars and sense view... 80K for a used tip....couple K for a tune.. and you have a car thats faster than a stock PDK and looks the same.. Depending on options a nice used Tip can be close to half the price of a new PDK.

Oh Im sure the PDk is far better, however I look at from dollars and sense view... 80K for a used tip....couple K for a tune.. and you have a car thats faster than a stock PDK and looks the same.. Depending on options a nice used Tip can be close to half the price of a new PDK.

I agree!

Yep, PDK has become a "100k option" over a similar tip. And I think it just might be worth it. I agree with Aaron, amazing tranny indeed.

Yep, PDK has become a "100k option" over a similar tip. And I think it just might be worth it. I agree with Aaron, amazing tranny indeed.

couldnt have said it better...

If you drive one, I bet you would be able to justify spending the extra $20-$30k to buy a used PDK in a few months.

If you drive one, I bet you would be able to justify spending the extra $20-$30k to buy a used PDK in a few months.

You think it will depreciate that quickly? Im seeing a few 20K mile Tips in the 75K range.. So you think 100-105 in a few months?

Allan,

Just curious what is the 0 to 100 in your ttg?

Only tried to launch my car off the line once.. With Bryan in the car and just blowing the tires off the whole way we went 6.7 to 100mph... That being said in the 1/4 we trapped 140, vs the Porsches 128mph. That was on my lowest pump gas setting. Now with the new toyos Id expect to get the car into the 5's with some practice.

Here is a 2010 (non PDK) for$125k. Once these cars get to 10k miles, the prices will go down quick. I would not be surprised to see $110kin 6-8 months.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=p...;standard=false

Agree, it's worth the wait. There are other platform improvements in .2 in addition to PDK as well.

Great great car.

That car is 125k because its a low option manual with a bad color combo..Besides, for me ill do 75K on a porsche...not much more.