Battle of the Supercars

matthend

So I have now seen a few episodes of this show, it is not bad. They take two 'supercars' and run them against each other in 0-60, 0-100-0, 60-130, and through a slalom course while logging all the data with video vboxes. Paul Tracy drives one and Tanner Foust drives the other, and they talk a bit of shit to each other throughout the show. They have done a Camel Clunge aka ZR1 vs an SRT10, a 997TT vs a GTR, a 430 vs a GT3RS, and the one i saw last night was a 1000hp? mustang vs a 1000hp? camaro. The Mustang was the faster car and I think they said it had a 10.x second 60-130 time? that sounds insanely slow for a supposed 1000hp car. That got me thinking it would be very cool to see a GTT on this show, possibly competing against a TTGT or something. What would it take to make this happen i wonder, and would there be a GTT owner interested in doing something like that?

I suspect there will be some opinions when the episode between a FGT and a G airs :-).......the season finale

The show is absolutely horrible!!!!!!!!!! format sucks, talent personalities suck, host sucks etc....

The show is absolutely horrible!!!!!!!!!! format sucks, talent personalities suck, host sucks etc....

Maybe so, but aleast there is another show that gives entusiasts an opportunity to see "supercars" ( 1k whp Mustang = supercar????)

BTW: The Camel Clunge aka ZR1 vs Viper episode was improperly listed as having a Malan GT vs Gumpert on the show.

meh, i went in expecting the absolute worst and it was better than that. It is cool to see the cars getting driven and such at least. So there is a G vs FGT upcoming then?

Maybe so, but aleast there is another show that gives entusiasts an opportunity to see "supercars"

:iamwithstupid:

Show sucks but just seeing these cars go through their paces in a variety of ways is better than the usual crap on Speed.

:iamwithstupid:

Show sucks but just seeing these cars go through their paces in a variety of ways is better than watching nothing but Nascar related crap on Speed.

There, i fixed it for you.... :icon_thumleft:

So I have now seen a few episodes of this show, it is not bad. They take two 'supercars' and run them against each other in 0-60, 0-100-0, 60-130, and through a slalom course while logging all the data with video vboxes. Paul Tracy drives one and Tanner Foust drives the other, and they talk a bit of shit to each other throughout the show. They have done a Camel Clunge aka Camel Clunge aka ZR1 vs an SRT10, a 997TT vs a GTR, a 430 vs a GT3RS, and the one i saw last night was a 1000hp? mustang vs a 1000hp? camaro. The Mustang was the faster car and I think they said it had a 10.x second 60-130 time? that sounds insanely slow for a supposed 1000hp car. That got me thinking it would be very cool to see a GTT on this show, possibly competing against a TTGT or something. What would it take to make this happen i wonder, and would there be a GTT owner interested in doing something like that?

My TT/SC Ford GT was going to be the car they used in the 1000hp Mustang/Camaro episode but they could not locate a TTG in time for it. The Camaro was broken a few days before the episode shot at theTexas Mile and I was the backup car. As you can see the Camaro was fixed in time.

They spoke to me about using my car... We asked what do we get out of it? They said you get your car on tv... I SAID fcuk YOU

Why should I let someone I dont know beat the crap out of my car all day?

They spoke to me about using my car... We asked what do we get out of it? They said you get your car on tv... I SAID fcuk YOU

I'd woulda been like, bitches I'm already on gaibar( http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?...c=49778&hl= ) I don't need to be on t.v.

I have watched a few of the shows and i am starting to enjoy them.I liked Tanner on supercars exposed and this show is not that bad at all.The cars they are putting head to head are similar in speed and preformance so it makes for a good 1/2 hour.Better than simpsons reruns anyways..

if the car can take it then why not? Are you going to own that or any car forever?

:)

if the car can take it then why not? Are you going to own that or any car forever?

Why risk it either way? Take the chance for absolutely NOTHING to gain from it?!

I could see the 0-100-0 being brutal on the car. Hammering the brakes to the floor after blasting 1,000hp full throttle for 5-7secs. Hell NO!

BTW, have you ever V-boxed a 0-60 in your G? What about the quarter? It being a manual shouldn't make launching an issue.

No one has those numbers for a GTT yet?

Brakes, tires, rock chips and whatever else? Why should I pay for that while someone else has fun trashing my car and others make money off it?

Brakes, tires, rock chips and whatever else? Why should I pay for that while someone else has fun trashing my car and others make money off it?

:iamwithstupid: It's like you work and they profit.

Wouldn't they be responsible for any damage!!!?????

I enjoy the show. It's nice they have 2 episodes back to back in case I missed last week's.

Tanner needs to drive better. He kept on getting beat by Tracy. The 430 vs GT3 RS show was pretty cool. I would like to see other exotics instead of highly modified hot rods / pony cars.