New Estoque to be produced in China..

cowchaser

OK. Now, If the Rumor is Ture, I belive there are some thing to do with the Chinese Local Companies/Government

By allowing Lamborghini sell their new model to the Chinese, the Chinese made a Deal with them, Which is make it within China.

The only reason the Chinese want a supercar like this to be built in China is They want to Learn(steal) the Tech underneath this car.

I Can't name any Sports/Super Cars are built in China.

All companies want to hide their top Tech, BMW doesn't build any M cars, Mecerdes make no AMGs, Audi doesn't build any RSs, and R8 in China, Porsche doesn't built any 911s(only builds Cayenne I belive), No Aston, Lambo, Ferraris at all.

Japenese, doesn't make GTRs, Evos, and WRX STIs in China.

Why would Lambo want to make their Brand New Beetle in China?

Uh, no.

They're just quoting the original (mis-labeled, and badly worded) article we've been talking about all along in this thread.

They're importing the cars to China for SALE, NOT producing them there.

Horrible, horrible wording, probably done by some non-native English speaker.

Uh, no.

They're just quoting the original (mis-labeled, and badly worded) article we've been talking about all along in this thread.

They're importing the cars to China for SALE, NOT producing them there.

Horrible, horrible wording, probably done by some non-native English speaker.

I wonder if the artical was translated by google or something....

Maybe there are some, but at least I can't see any used supercars for sale.

All official car dealers(including the local brand ones) don't sell used cars.

I know there are few big used family car markets tho, I know there are some good cars like EVOs and WRX STIs. Most of them are individual doggy car sales man. Some of the cars are extreamly cheap, So it doesn't matter whether it has been crashed or it has been raced before. I was planning to get a early 2000 VW Santana for few thousand RMB, but the licence plate and road cost are few times more than the car. This is the reason that why you don't see any old Junks running around in the cites.

BTW, Cars in China Has to be scraped after 10 years of use.

There is a large used exotic dealer in Beijing.

I don't think cars have a 10 year lifespan in China. I see old cars all the time.

here you go then. I haven't been to beijing or shanghai for years.

How much are these cars going for?

There is differently life span for cars, I am pretty sure, unless they ain't in the city, or owner got connections, For example,I see there are people driving Preludes, Mr2s, Mrs,R34s,GTO(Gt3000) in China. These cars weren't allow to be imported back then, now they're everywhere. I think they're probably Ex Hong Kong Imports and someone with connections smuggled them to the mainland.

I always want to Smuggle the R32 GTR, Rx7 and AE86 back to China...

For the life span, I thought it was 10 years, I could be wrong tho, maybe 20? differently no more than 20.

Btw, Some cars made in the early 2000s in China, They do have a early 90s European/Japanese style. but they actually only few years old. Take a look at the Taxi companies are great example(small cities). The dash board on these cars look like mid 80s corolla.

here you go then. I haven't been to beijing or shanghai for years.

How much are these cars going for?

There is differently life span for cars, I am pretty sure, unless they ain't in the city, or owner got connections, For example,I see there are people driving Preludes, Mr2s, Mrs,R34s,GTO(Gt3000) in China. These cars weren't allow to be imported back then, now they're everywhere. I think they're probably Ex Hong Kong Imports and someone with connections smuggled them to the mainland.

I always want to Smuggle the R32 GTR, Rx7 and AE86 back to China...

For the life span, I thought it was 10 years, I could be wrong tho, maybe 20? differently no more than 20.

Btw, Some cars made in the early 2000s in China, They do have a early 90s European/Japanese style. but they actually only few years old. Take a look at the Taxi companies are great example(small cities). The dash board on these cars look like mid 80s corolla.

In short, you don't know.

Actually a lot lower, 150ish, right there with the Panny, Maserati, the cars it will be competing with. If they build it around an Audi chassis, its enitirely doable.

As for outsourcing manufacturing, I doubt it. The Italian plant is operating at half capacatity, @ life support levels, another product line could help quash the red ink, bring it back to black.

150 000 US dollars is IMHO ridiculous, they need to price this between a bentley FS and a bentley arnage.

A porsche panamera turbo already costs 150-180k euro. This car has way more credibility than that.

Guest Rob Burgundy
150 000 US dollars is IMHO ridiculous, they need to price this between a bentley FS and a bentley arnage.

A porsche panamera turbo already costs 150-180k euro. This car has way more credibility than that.

Building the Estoque to compete in Bentley and Rolls royce prices would completley defeat the purpose. Pricing it against the Panamera at 150-180k allows the car to be exclusive enough that not every Bmw/mercedes owner can buy one but is still in a price range that they can sell thousands and make a lot of money doing it. That works at 150-180. At 250-400 that becomes a whole different animal.

Building the Estoque to compete in Bentley and Rolls royce prices would completley defeat the purpose. Pricing it against the Panamera at 150-180k allows the car to be exclusive enough that not every Bmw/mercedes owner can buy one but is still in a price range that they can sell thousands and make a lot of money doing it. That works at 150-180. At 250-400 that becomes a whole different animal.

At least better than 600k right? The car has to be pure magic for such price.

In short, you don't know.

Haha, I think you can say that. In China Law = Arh maybe I will obey.

this link tells you the life span of a car.

http://www.chinaspcar.com/news/60.shtml

I was wrong, 10 years only applies to the trucks, Cars can have 15 years of usage.

After that, Trucks/buses, can apply for extension for another 10 years max, but with very restrict Inspections which needs to be done in every 3 month.

For cars, You can again apply for extensions, but again, for the first 5 years, inspections needs to be done twice a year, after that is every 3 month.

I have a bad feeling this car will make the brand much less exclusive..... :eusa_think:

less exclusive is better than non existant.

I have a bad feeling this car will make the brand much less exclusive..... :eusa_think:

Sorry to hark back to them but look at porsche.

People said the same about the boxter/cayenne etc & look at them now.

However flipside, what works at Stuttgart may not work at Bolognese

Few questions want to ask

1, Why would people in US worry about the exclusivity?

I thought Lambos are everywhere in US Already? at least you pretty much can see one or two everyday in the cities? no?

2. I thought only the Chinese have a pure blindness for pursing luxry brands.

Would people in US really want a rebagded 4 door A8?

Sorry to hark back to them but look at porsche.

People said the same about the boxter/cayenne etc & look at them now.

However flipside, what works at Stuttgart may not work at Bolognese

What do you mean by "look at them now"?

Surely you aren't saying the Boxster and Cayenne made Porsche more exclusive!?

I'll give them that mass-market money makers like the Cayenne and Boxster are good for their bottom line and hopefully help fund the really fun stuff like Carrera GTs and 918s, but they certainly hurt the exclusivity...

What do you mean by "look at them now"?

Surely you aren't saying the Boxster and Cayenne made Porsche more exclusive!?

I'll give them that mass-market money makers like the Cayenne and Boxster are good for their bottom line and hopefully help fund the really fun stuff like Carrera GTs and 918s, but they certainly hurt the exclusivity...

i believe he is saying that they aren't seen as any "less" of a brand by anyone and make a good money most of the time so they can continue to make turbo's and super cars like the new spyder

In a nut shell, build the estoque , sell a bunch , pull in profit to fund additional exciting sports car g replacement etc. Or... not build the estoque, continue to pump out variants of the same car over and over again and watch resale value plummet... In reality, the estoque is a worthwhile addition to the marque. True, it is on an Audi platform... But hey so is the bentley and no one is complaining...

i believe he is saying that they aren't seen as any "less" of a brand by anyone and make a good money most of the time so they can continue to make turbo's and super cars like the new spyder

Yep exactly this. Porsche still a very respectable brand and extremely profitable.

The Cayenne, Boxter and Cayman provie a lot of revenue for the R&D department which makes the 911 Turbo/GT3/GT2/CGT et al that much better.

True, it is on an Audi platform... But hey so is the bentley and no one is complaining...

Not even Audi, but VW Phaeton...

• 3 months later...