Chicago under a blanket

Ascari_2

tripod, longer exposure, lower ISO, higher f/ and this would be amazing. as well as some temp balance as well.

Way to be an ahole about it :lol2:

Gorgeous shot though. I love Chicago, and I have a new background!!!

Beautiful shot!

tripod, longer exposure, lower ISO, higher f/ and this would be amazing. as well as some temp balance as well.

I doubt he did a 15 sec, f/8 exposure holding the camera :icon_mrgreen:

Thanks for the kind words.

Placid, you doubting my mad photo skills? :)

But seriously this was taken with my dinky 6 year old Canon S70. Also it's an HDR composition with a pass through a sharpening filter.

Nice composition, but I don't understand the technique. Did it really look like that? It was really that bright and orange outside? I get the impression that your eyes didnt see anything like that.

Then again, I don't understand HDR images. It's become a fake looking style rather than a tool to just broaden the range of the scene and details.

Brian,

To answer your question, no my eye didn't exactly see that. As I look outside right now the streets do look a darker. But, to me photography is as much for capturing what the eye can see as what the eye cannot see. Some of the most beautiful shot out there are those with blurred backgrounds, streaks from headlights, motion shots, and so on. None of this can be seen by the naked eye.

Great city, Great shot.... I would have never left except winter lasts 6months with

another horrible month on either side of that.

It is a nice image, and well done HDR. A lot of HDRs can come out Guidry and over processed. The best HDRs in my opinion are ones you cant tell they are.

never been to chicago but this pic def makes me want to visit sometime... beautiful shot...