Underground Racing Twin Turbo Build Documentary

houstonT

LAMBO - no, I have Pirelli tires on the wheels....SW says they hook 1,000 whp on concrete in 3rd so we'll see.

Scotty - what do you mean? I have 10 or so pics of my car in the first 2 posts...???

outfan - that is a very good looking wheel...email me pricing and specs... I'm very particular about the offsets and sizing.

Peter

are the tires pirelli P-zeros 20's? do they have a special compound or is it a race tire? my cup tires spin in 3rd (in cold 50 degree weather) and they are very expensive.

thx

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think they are a standard street tire...in other words, they are not a race compound. :(

Peter

are the tires pirelli P-zeros 20's? do they have a special compound or is it a race tire? my cup tires spin in 3rd (in cold 50 degree weather) and they are very expensive.

thx

Hey Peter,

Glad to see you kept it are doingn the TT setup!

The SL sold and I bought the Blk/Blk 09 LP from Houston.

Question, did you lower your car or is it still factory ride height?

Pete

Congrats bro! Couldn't be happier for you.

TX2K11 is going to be epic if all the high HP cars show up that have expressed interest.

Congrats bro! Couldn't be happier for you.

TX2K11 is going to be epic if all the high HP cars show up that have expressed interest.

Can you say 4-5 wide down the Mexican highway!!! :eusa_think:

UGR works quickly!!!!!! Now off to Proline for the motor to be built... They say 3-4 weeks at Proline so I plan to make some other decisions in the meantime like wheel finish, boost controller, etc... I will post another pic soon.

15a6e052.jpg

UGR works quickly!!!!!! Now off to Proline for the motor to be built... They say 3-4 weeks at Proline so I plan to make some other decisions in the meantime like wheel finish, boost controller, etc... I will post another pic soon.

15a6e052.jpg

Very Nice Peter !

Get prepared on your down time for your new addiction...

Once you get some seat time your not gonna want to get out of it.

So it turns out the 04 and 05 axles are different than the 06 and newer axles. My 05's (pictured on the top) have a threaded portion that attaches via those threads. The 06 and newer (pictured on the bottom) don't have that same thread and attach via a "big nut" LOL :). Thought I would share as I learned something new today... FYI my 05's will be converted to the new style as even if the axle is strengthened the weak point remains at those threads.

0b128c66.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Sooooooo, I have spent the last week or so learning about the differences b/w the AEM option and the MoTeC options for the G. As I understand it (correct me if I'm wrong John Reed :) )

1. AEM - retains stock ecu for drivability and serves one purpose....to bring online the additional injectors when more fuel is needed upon getting into boost. That's it, no other functions are available...

2. MoTeC Street - this option also involves retention of the stock ecu so that drivability does not suffer....however with it you get the MoTeC ECU, full harness (using mil spec connectors), MoTeC drive by wire controller/expander, a signal converter for speed, all sensors/wideband/boost control/map select switch, and full install/tune. This option allows boost by gear, 2step, etc.....but has the benefit of retaining stock drivability.

3. MoTeC Race - everything in option 2 but MoTeC replaces stock ecu as well....this results in full control over car functions and therefore requires all drivability to be tuned via the unit.

After all of the research, I have decided to go route 2. I will get to maintain stock drivability but will have the added benefits listed above. In addition, with the AEM, you are power and boost limited (I will let John/UGR explain this as I'm not sure if anything proprietary is in the reasoning). Stay tuned for more pics.

Peter

I have decided to go with the billet drop down gears, casing, mid plate, etc....so that the tranny will hold 1400 whp with more reliability. I am scheduled to fly to UGR the week of 1/10/11 and will have LOTS of pics/videos/impressions to post after that trip. In the meantime, more progress pics:

Motec3.jpg

Motec2.jpg

Motec1.jpg

Motec5.jpg

Motec4.jpg

Thanks for the great comments! Here is the latest....it's called - TILTON LOVE! :) Of note, Underground Racing is the ONE AND ONLY company to have the exclusive to the Gallardo clutch.

Tilton1.jpg

Tilton2.jpg

Tilton3.jpg

Tilton4.jpg

Thanks for the great comments! Here is the latest....it's called - TILTON LOVE! :) Of note, Underground Racing is the ONE AND ONLY company to have the exclusive to the Gallardo clutch.

Tilton1.jpg

Tilton2.jpg

Tilton3.jpg

Tilton4.jpg

Damn.. thats a serious clutch!

• 2 weeks later...

Just a few eye candy pics for you all.... Once I have more "Peter specific" pics I will share them. FYI the verde ithaca (green) car is my buddy Tim Iacoli! :)

greencar001.jpg

greencar002.jpg

Just a few eye candy pics for you all.... Once I have more "Peter specific" pics I will share them. FYI the verde ithaca (green) car is my buddy Tim Iacoli! :)

greencar001.jpg

greencar002.jpg

:lol2: Whose Heffner car is that? Wasnt that Heff's car?

Allan, LOL, DAMN, didn't notice that until now.... DOH!!!!!! For the record that was NOT my intent but nevertheless, pretty funny. :)

Peter

Uh huh.. sure it wasnt :lol2: