How to start an online car forum?

Assman

If someone wants to create an online forum is there an easy way to do it if you aren't in the industry, or computer savvy? For instance it there a company that will provide the forum template and storage etc to get a forum running if you provide the content?

creating it is easy, getting members and quality content is not. Why do you ask, forums are a dying creature imo.

creating it is easy, getting members and quality content is not. Why do you ask, forums are a dying creature imo.

Why do you think they are dying? Every time I find a product or item I have interest in I can find a lot of information from forums. I think having good moderators to set the tone of a forum and then attracting good membership is key.

Why do you think they are dying? Every time I find a product or item I have interest in I can find a lot of information from forums. I think having good moderators to set the tone of a forum and then attracting good membership is key.

I could be wrong but to me it seems like there are already big communities for almost everything you can think of, and those who try to start another one fail..a lot. You need to have a bunch of users sign up, at first you will make thousands of posts to create content and keep it moving a bit...

and it doesnt make much money at all from what I heard over and over..

there are some guys who ran forums here they can help more, but as far as creating, you can make a forum in 2 days

:iamwithstupid:

just do it!

I could be wrong but to me it seems like there are already big communities for almost everything you can think of, and those who try to start another one fail..a lot. You need to have a bunch of users sign up, at first you will make thousands of posts to create content and keep it moving a bit...

I think you are wrong. What about when a new product comes out? Seems like when there is a new electronic device released a forum is already started.

and it doesnt make much money at all from what I heard over and over..

there are some guys who ran forums here they can help more, but as far as creating, you can make a forum in 2 days

If it made money, that would be cool, but if it doesn't or breaks even that would be cool too. I just had an idea and want to see what happens with it.

no it's not www.lamboavetador.com :) or have anything to do with Lambo's.

if you are planning on staring one i think being one of the first ones has its obvious advantage, but means you need to start the forum before the product is released in most cases.

i've seen lots of forums for upcoming items

can anyone provide any guidance regarding the various revenue streams? Like what to charge for sponsorship, banner ads etc. or how you determine these things?

can anyone provide any guidance regarding the various revenue streams? Like what to charge for sponsorship, banner ads etc. or how you determine these things?

Depends on specifics such as niche, traffic, audience, etc. Give more detail and I'm sure someone can offer some advice.

If someone wants to create an online forum is there an easy way to do it if you aren't in the industry, or computer savvy? For instance it there a company that will provide the forum template and storage etc to get a forum running if you provide the content?

http://www.phpbb.com/

If you are looking to start a long overdue and greatly anticipated 2001 Olds Silhouette forum and you need a moderator, I would like to throw my name into the hat.