China - MotherLand for Counterfeits

livetodrive

Surprisingly, they are also one of the greatest consumers for the authentic counterparts. No wonder Lambo is focusing on China.

Isn't that because companies from other country base their production there due to cheap costs?

And the spike in the riches and their splurging is majorly due to plenty of them are getting cash inflow from illegal activities.

Cash which they than put through to open up legal business, which can be than used to hide thier illegal activities.

A recent Discovery Channel documentary had me taken aback by how barefaced they are on just about everything One case in particular from the vid showed how a Brit was being cheated by a chinese company. There he was funding for the project of renovation furnishers only to be asked for more funding.... The Brit decides to make a surprise visit there and finds out that the company owner is using the funds to build a luxury multi-story house with mind-blowing facilities and rooftop swimming pool, compared to his run down company in a rural district.

They have almost 1.4 BILLION PEOPLE...It's no wonder they try everything and anything to get goods cheap.

^^ Boils down to survival I suppose.

But still amused to know that just a change of a dot or color and Volla" a product to call it thier own invention!

And they are good at doing it with a straight face! Example : Check out the Geely guy saying "Ïts our own design"

( Whopssi... Didn't realise the 2nd last vid had remarks at the end.. Pls ignore that....)

Fxxk the boiling eggs and medicines man, you see that's why people in China are so insucure sometimes.

Family and friends want me to buy baby food from NZ, because the Chinese ones are basically made out of nothing.

The Chinese Government should and MUST get their Ass on top of this!!

Other product like the fake CellPhone, PS,BMW,BENZ and RR, yeh I agree with the copyright issues, but doesn't really harm people at all. People buy these things know exactly what they are paying for. Eitherway doesn't worry me.

I agree with the copyright issues, but doesn't really harm people at all.

I disagree, all the companies that put their resources into a product with many man hours of Research and developement to have some half ass company come in and take the fruits of their labor is criminal, thats who it harms.

This crappy merchandise that they foist onto the worlds markets really befuddles me. That's why I cannot understand why so much of the West's money is flowing into their coffers ! How long can this shit keep going on ? Apparently companies like Lamborghini and Ferrari, etc. think this can continue ad infinitum, thus they are shifting their focus on marketing to the Far East markets. Is this a flimsy house of cards; eventually will consumers wake up ??

The Lincoln adage: You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time. :)

Years ago a Formula 1 mech failure was traced back to a fake bearing!

and fake industrial bearings worth 20k each showed up across the other side of the globe.

Plenty of harm from fakes.

I disagree, all the companies that put their resources into a product with many man hours of Research and developement to have some half ass company come in and take the fruits of their labor is criminal, thats who it harms.

yeh, I understand what you saying, and I would be concerned if I have a product that people are copying it.

From the Chinese comsumers point of view:

I hardly buy any CDs, because I got free mp3s online. I hardly buy any geniune software, because i can get them free online, I hardly buy any copyright books because I can get copied version for 10% of the money.

I will not buy any geniune copied xbox games because i can get the chipped xbox and make it run on cracked games.

Girls buy Fake LV bags, Fake Jewleris. Guys buy Fake sportsware,i.e Nike and watches,Casio,Rolex etc.

It is very common that the fake ones surplus the sales volume of the geniune copies.

I bought a fake norkia smart phone, it sucked but hey I know what i was getting.

As long as something non-related to HEALTH AND SAFTY,The Chinese like to buy fake stuff, the sellers normally tell them IT IS FAKE! but sometimes THEY DON'T!!!

Welcome to the world of Copyrights!

Years ago a Formula 1 mech failure was traced back to a fake bearing!

and fake industrial bearings worth 20k each showed up across the other side of the globe.

Yeh that's a serious issue.

Isn't that because companies from other country base their production there due to cheap costs?

And the spike in the riches and their splurging is majorly due to plenty of them are getting cash inflow from illegal activities.

Cash which they than put through to open up legal business, which can be than used to hide thier illegal activities.

A recent Discovery Channel documentary had me taken aback by how barefaced they are on just about everything One case in particular from the vid showed how a Brit was being cheated by a chinese company. There he was funding for the project of renovation furnishers only to be asked for more funding.... The Brit decides to make a surprise visit there and finds out that the company owner is using the funds to build a luxury multi-story house with mind-blowing facilities and rooftop swimming pool, compared to his run down company in a rural district.

Yeah that was a good documentary. Really insightful view on the way business is done in China:

Fxxk the boiling eggs and medicines man, you see that's why people in China are so insucure sometimes.

Family and friends want me to buy baby food from NZ, because the Chinese ones are basically made out of nothing.

The Chinese Government should and MUST get their Ass on top of this!!

Other product like the fake CellPhone, PS,BMW,BENZ and RR, yeh I agree with the copyright issues, but doesn't really harm people at all. People buy these things know exactly what they are paying for. Eitherway doesn't worry me.

I get what Andyling was saying... To him fake fashion products and items bug him but not as much as fake food products, cause that affect him more directly. But the bottom line is that because the Government has been allowing fake fashion products in the first place, people doing the fakes have ultimately diversified to other products, including food, drinks etc...

Joe-Trojan - Years ago a Formula 1 mech failure was traced back to a fake bearing!

There was also similar failures in Aircrafts and National military equipments due to bogus nuts and washers.

capt chaos - Can we hide this thread before BrianWilsonUK gets here please.

:D

I get what Andyling was saying... To him fake fashion products and items bug him but not as much as fake food products, cause that affect him more directly. But the bottom line is that because the Government has been allowing fake fashion products in the first place, people doing the fakes have ultimately diversified to other products, including food, drinks etc...

There was also similar failures in Aircrafts and National military equipments due to bogus nuts and washers.

:D

The law does not allow to have fake copies.

But Do people care? I think the Government also knows Non-health and Safty Fake stuff DO boost the Enconomy. so I am thinking they just want to ignore the grey area!

Anyway, I think you're right about people wouldn't produce fake food if the government had reinforced the law at the first place.

it is beyond me why we are giving manufacturing away out of our own countries, the long term "true costs" of the cheap products we are getting is so

horrendous it would make more financial sense for our dumbass governments to subsidize the difference and keep the jobs local rather than sell us

out.

We will definitely pay dearly for this, you are dealing with an unscrupulous business man that when given the opportunity will take you for whatever

you are worth it is only a matter of time.

it is beyond me why we are giving manufacturing away out of our own countries, the long term "true costs" of the cheap products we are getting is so

horrendous it would make more financial sense for our dumbass governments to subsidize the difference and keep the jobs local rather than sell us

out.

We will definitely pay dearly for this, you are dealing with an unscrupulous business man that when given the opportunity will take you for whatever

you are worth it is only a matter of time.

:iamwithstupid:

If things were not made in china they would be very expensive.

Its the person making the purchase that decides if they want a fake or genuine product.