Recommendations for good night vision?

Boner

I really want to get some night vision for people and animals on my property. I prefer the type I wear, but dont want to break the bank. Any recommendations?

I also want an electric gold cart so I can cruise in silence....with a gun rack on it.

Note to self... Never move next to bonedoc. Never make bonedoc mad.

#1 you want a golF cart...

#2 nightvision is not cheap for any kind of distance because they use IR LEDs

Most NV options get you about 30ft of murky uselessness. More powerful options start around 400 and anything really good will get you on a mailinglist watchlist. Most other options under the 200 dollar range are glorified toys.

You should cruise around hunting Web sites and ask around, there must be a few hillbilly options.

For about 160 you can get these, but it has no IR source, so you rely on moonlight.

26-0224.gif

I have a cheap pair of bushnell's and they work decent. I am able to make out if it is an animal or person making noise in my yard. If I ever find a range that will let me fire at night sign me up for this.

What our military uses...

But they are 4000$ after you get a helmet mount, but I am assuming that is more than what you are looking to spend. That TNVC site has lots of good stuff but most is LE/MIL only.

I have a cheap pair of bushnell's and they work decent. I am able to make out if it is an animal or person making noise in my yard. If I ever find a range that will let me fire at night sign me up for this.

What our military uses...

But they are 4000$ after you get a helmet mount, but I am assuming that is more than what you are looking to spend. That TNVC site has lots of good stuff but most is LE/MIL only.

I would go with the gen 2 or 3 of NVS... Sort of the best bang for the buck

Oh, I did not know night vision required IR lights. fcuk. I build LED systems. I think I have 10 blank LED PCBs that hold about 54 LEDS each. Ill just buy some IR LEDS from china and mount 500 of those mofos on the grill of a golf cart.

By the way, a couple of my neighbors make me look sane.

Oh, I did not know night vision required IR lights. fcuk. I build LED systems. I think I have 10 blank LED PCBs that hold about 54 LEDS each. Ill just buy some IR LEDS from china and mount 500 of those mofos on the grill of a golf cart.

By the way, a couple of my neighbors make me look sane.

I make you look like Dr. fcuking Phil.

Night vision equipment does not require infrared. You can get by without it with Gen.1 junk, and you'll be fine with Gen.2
Well nothing of any industrial quality does, or let's just say, nothing of "quality does, check that video below lol.

Sony "nightshot" and many other enhanced night vision systems use the IR spectrum enhanced by LED's, sometimes mounted on the camera. If you have a camcorder, go in to a dark room with a TV remote, point it at the lense and push a button, you'll see a little blip of light in the camcorder from the tip of the remote. This is what a lot of NV systems use, this style of surplus camcorder CCD system. Remember, the light fall-off from LEDs is quite substantial.

With one of the crappy toy "cyclops" systems, that for 100, you get the big momma 140 led torch here and you will see for a great distance.

http://www.gowildlifewatching.co.uk/newfile55.html

BC3009IRODVA.jpg