After Aventador release what is future value of Murcies?

N5TM

Murci's will fall. Good news is that a 150k LP640 will probably be available in the not so distant future.

I'm saving up to purchase a Murcie in a year from now. If I can get a lp640 anywhere near that price I'd jizz my pants :D.

My friend just pick up the 07 white Lp640 from Lamborghini of Palm Beach for $180G last week....

Is this true? Was it salvaged?

Thanks

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm saving up to purchase a Murcie in a year from now. If I can get a lp640 anywhere near that price I'd jizz my pants :D.

Is this true? Was it salvaged?

Thanks

The 150 Lp is now getting to be less of a reality. Charlie is right. The upward trend of the economy is making this less likely.

The 150 Lp is now getting to be less of a reality. Charlie is right. The upward trend of the economy is making this less likely.

It's amazing but true, anything that is low in production number (watches, exotics, etc) has not only already bottomed, but seems to be having a slight bounce at the moment.

That doesn't mean it will continue, with mileage and years passing these cars will always depreciate (aside from a few notable exceptions), but for now the secondary market seems very firm with dealers refusing to budge much off advertised prices.

• 3 weeks later...
It's amazing but true, anything that is low in production number (watches, exotics, etc) has not only already bottomed, but seems to be having a slight bounce at the moment.

That doesn't mean it will continue, with mileage and years passing these cars will always depreciate (aside from a few notable exceptions), but for now the secondary market seems very firm with dealers refusing to budge much off advertised prices.

Well I'm thinking once the aventador starts settling at normal prices the lp640 will eventually have to drop. Not sure how long that will be. I like the lp640 but I'm not sure if i can justify spending double the price over a manual 03 murcie on it.

here in the middle east the introduction of the lp700 has really affected the prices of the 6.2/640/SV

you can get a used SV with low miles for 290k dollar

640's are traded between 220-175k dollar

murcies less than 130k

If the LP640s do drop to the $150k-$175k range it would be a very difficult decision between an LP640 and a Diable SV or 6.0.

Q8Y, that is very interesting. Has the ME received any/many Aventadors at this point or are owners parting with their LPs to get on waiting lists?

If the LP640s do drop to the $150k-$175k range it would be a very difficult decision between an LP640 and a Diable SV or 6.0.

Q8Y, that is very interesting. Has the ME received any/many Aventadors at this point or are owners parting with their LPs to get on waiting lists?

there are total of 4 on the street here in kuwait , yea some sold their LPs to get on waiting list, and some traded them for 458s ( for some reasons )

• 9 months later...

I really don't like old thread bumps, but this one cuts accross the core of my dilemma......

I want to move into the exotic world. Originally, I had a $150k budget but am not seeing anything I desire. If I incease it to $200k, Scuds, Murci roadsters, Ford GTs, and LP-640 coupes are all in play.

I'm not a rich guy.....took me 7 years to accumulate $100k, so I want something that will hold value. My dealer wants to put me into a new-ish 550-2.....great car, but I can't stomach losing $10k a year to depreciation.

So in late 2012 we are seeing $170k Murci roadsters, $200k LP-640 coupes, $185k Scuds, $180k Ford GTs.

Where do you see these going in 5 years?

I really don't like old thread bumps, but this one cuts accross the core of my dilemma......

I want to move into the exotic world. Originally, I had a $150k budget but am not seeing anything I desire. If I incease it to $200k, Scuds, Murci roadsters, Ford GTs, and LP-640 coupes are all in play.

I'm not a rich guy.....took me 7 years to accumulate $100k, so I want something that will hold value. My dealer wants to put me into a new-ish 550-2.....great car, but I can't stomach losing $10k a year to depreciation.

So in late 2012 we are seeing $170k Murci roadsters, $200k LP-640 coupes, $185k Scuds, $180k Ford GTs.

Where do you see these going in 5 years?

You'll lose a lot more than 10 grand in a year on a newer 550, guaranteed.

Look at the current market values of those cars vs MSRP when they were sold. The ford gt is the only one in the group that isn't down huge money.

Look at the current market values of those cars vs MSRP when they were sold. The ford gt is the only one in the group that isn't down huge money.

True, but some of the others like the Murci Roadster and LP-640 are already down 50% of MSRP. If the depreciation on one of those was $5k a year and after 4-5 year it slows to $2,500 per year, I feel like I can live with that.

The Scud is down about 35% or so, and probably sees a $150k floor using the Challenge Stradale for support.

The Ford GT is a phenomenon.......A bunch of guys own more than one, and a bunch more want to buy additonal cars. So there are two tiers, those under 1,000 miles and those over and all these guys want one of each.

if you are concerned about depreciation, i would look into the Ford GT or the Scuderia. i don't think you will also lose that much on an early murcie which can be purchased in the 130s.

good luck.

if you are concerned about depreciation, i would look into the Ford GT or the Scuderia. i don't think you will also lose that much on an early murcie which can be purchased in the 130s.

good luck.

Quite true. I unloaded my 03 Murci back in May for a profit (a very small one after almost two years of ownership, but I was in the green none-the-less).

• 4 months later...

manual SV's will skyrocket! i'm planning to never sell mine, will be the last thing i sell, if it ever gets to back-to-the-wall situation.

www.talkmybook.com :wub: