Birdman's new ride

Nath4N

WOW!!!!!!!! I didnt know Ralph Lauren made Polo shirts in XXXXXXL

Thats DJ Khalid. Big time DJ in Miami

Saw him, Weezy, and The Red Veyron at the Heat game last week. He drives with security and entourage in the front and back in Escalades when he is driving it in Miami.

so who is that d00d in the yellow shirt next to him? he doesn't speak..he just keep walking around birdman..and just nod his head..lol

nice car...but waste of $$..i would buy a normal one instead...but look at him..he looks like he got nothing else to spend on..and don't even know what to buy anymore..and still..i can't understand a single word he is saying..besides ONE POINT FIVE..and i don't even get what the 1.5 suppose to mean..lol

so who is that d00d in the yellow shirt next to him? he doesn't speak..he just keep walking around birdman..and just nod his head..lol

nice car...but waste of $$..i would buy a normal one instead...but look at him..he looks like he got nothing else to spend on..and don't even know what to buy anymore..and still..i can't understand a single word he is saying..besides ONE POINT FIVE..and i don't even get what the 1.5 suppose to mean..lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTBbAMGenn0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVJTnusGbRw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmXaMUvM0Ko

$1.5 million for it is what he is saying.

Thanks! :icon_thumleft:

u know i would have recognize him if he shouted "WE THE BEST!"

On the radio here, he says LETS MAKE A MOOO----VIE

I need to get in the business of selling him stuff. $1.5MM for a Maybach is quite possible the biggest ripoff for any car anywhere.

not a regular maybach.

not a regular maybach.

Yes it is. It's a Maybach 62 with a rag top over the back seat and a partition.

This is how Maybach is getting rid of their spare stuff.

Yes it is. It's a Maybach 62 with a rag top over the back seat and a partition.

This is how Maybach is getting rid of their spare stuff.

Right and a 640 roadster is just a Murci with the top removed and Gallardo Spyder justa regular G with a ragtop... Where do you come up with this stuff?

Ever heard of structural rigidity? Imagine what MB has to do to reinforce the rest of the car because the back half of it has no roof...Can you???

It's a completely different car.

Ever heard of structural rigidity? Imagine what MB has to do to reinforce the rest of the car because the back half of it has no roof...Can you???

We hope they did it the right way...

I am not making any assumptions as to any structural modifications.

Right and a 640 roadster is just a Murci with the top removed and Gallardo Spyder justa regular G with a ragtop... Where do you come up with this stuff?

No, it's not a completely different car.

"Maybach technicians have removed the rear roof module in order to afford passengers an unobstructed view of the sky above. The side walls remain, and have merely been invisibly reinforced with an integral tubular steel structure."

MB had to do so much to the car that they used the word 'merely,' and for some reason I don't think using a tubular structure made out of steel is anything exotic.

Are you really trying to talk about structural rigidity of a Maybach 62? You do realize we are taking about a giant limousine and not an exotic sports car, right? How hard do you think it would be for them to reinforce such a car? Let's also not ignore the fact that the window bows are still in tact. Hell the car still has half a roof! Do you think they engineered some brilliantly lightweight, state of the art solution for such a car? It's a Maybach chauffeured limo!

Completely different car my ass. You think Mercedes is going to dump all this money into a dying brand so it can sell maybe 20 cars? Maybach was/is on the verge of being shut down last year.

62S MSRP - $450K

62S Convertible - $1.5MM

riiiight

No, it's not a completely different car.

"Maybach technicians have removed the rear roof module in order to afford passengers an unobstructed view of the sky above. The side walls remain, and have merely been invisibly reinforced with an integral tubular steel structure."

MB had to do so much to the car that they used the word 'merely,' and for some reason I don't think using a tubular structure made out of steel is anything exotic.

Are you really trying to talk about structural rigidity of a Maybach 62? You do realize we are taking about a giant limousine and not an exotic sports car, right? How hard do you think it would be for them to reinforce such a car? Let's also not ignore the fact that the window bows are still in tact. Hell the car still has half a roof! Do you think they engineered some brilliantly lightweight, state of the art solution for such a car? It's a Maybach chauffeured limo!

Completely different car my ass. You think Mercedes is going to dump all this money into a dying brand so it can sell maybe 20 cars? Maybach was/is on the verge of being shut down last year.

62S MSRP - $450K

62S Convertible - $1.5MM

riiiight

Spot on (for once). This car IS the biggest rip off ever. I have seen them priced new at that kind of money. Lambo Houston had one a few years ago (not the S, just the regular 62 Lando.

Why didn't they make a folding hard top? Why the soft top?

I'm not sure, but I think they are only making three of these which could be the reason for the substantial increase in price.

Apparently he bet $1mil and won a mil so he had to come out of pocket for $500k. Here is a video where he talks about that, getting paid a $100mil check, and carrying around $100k cash with his black card for whatever he wants. Pretty interesting.

http://foztee.wordpress.com/2011/02/26/new...-superbowl-bet/

Finally I managed to understand about 75% of what he was saying.

The Ferrari story was funny, "Is the Ferrari your wife's car?" :lol2:

OK Brian, so maybe in your eyes it shouldn't be worth $1.5mm, well then YOU wont be buying one anytime soon, right? Fair enough?

So finally the obvious must be asked ...some of you guys get SO worked up over Birdman, everytime he comes out with something new...

Do you think he gives a fcuk if he's getting a bargain on a Maybach......or a Jet or a Yacht??? Newsflash.......He doesn't. It's just stupid to even go there. At the rate he continues to make money, he will NEVER go broke and he will continue to accumulate any material posession on the planet that he pleases. So stop hatin'... :icon_mrgreen:

OK Brian, so maybe in your eyes it shouldn't be worth $1.5mm, well then YOU wont be buying one anytime soon, right? Fair enough?

So finally the obvious must be asked ...some of you guys get SO worked up over Birdman, everytime he comes out with something new...

Do you think he gives a fcuk if he's getting a bargain on a Maybach......or a Jet or a Yacht??? Newsflash.......He doesn't. It's just stupid to even go there. At the rate he continues to make money, he will NEVER go broke and he will continue to accumulate any material posession on the planet that he pleases. So stop hatin'... :icon_mrgreen:

Hallelujah Holla Back

I googled Birdman and it seems as though he owns an oil well in OK, with a net worth around $400mil. Seems like he's pretty well established financially and will only continue to amass more wealth. Congrats to him. Wonder what he will buy next?

Here's a horrible video, but he (Birdman) confirms that he owns an oil well in OK.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLG8zIGEBXA

It wasn't directed at him. He's welcome to spend it on whatever he wants and it's not like he reads car forums. Yeah, I think he's kinda dumb with money, but it's not like he's the only one. There are Arabs and Russians who probably blow that kind of money weekly. Other people's money isn't really my concern, especially when they are complete strangers.

It was simply an observation that the car is a major rip off.

I need to get in the business of selling him stuff. $1.5MM for a Maybach is quite possible the biggest ripoff for any car anywhere.

Spot on (for once). This car IS the biggest rip off ever. I have seen them priced new at that kind of money. Lambo Houston had one a few years ago (not the S, just the regular 62 Lando.

Why didn't they make a folding hard top? Why the soft top?

I was thinking of the Houston Lambo one as soon as I saw this thread. Found the ad. When they first listed it they were asking 2.2 mil and then dropped it to just under 1.8 mil. Not sure what they finally sold it for.

http://www.lamborghinihouston.com/vehicle_...ils.aspx?id=873

As for structural rigidity I think it is something they need to take into account. The cars weight a few tons and you can't just cut the top off and expected it to be able to handle like it used to. Let's not get it confused with a track car but it still has some extreme performance.