2012 GT-R Vbox #'s....

FikseSTS

Me to :) I don't like Porsches overall, they are boring and between the choice of a regular 997 or the GTR I would go for the GTR :icon_thumleft: With a black hood of course, LOL!

:icon_thumleft:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

But it will NEVER EVER be a Lambo, not even a Porsche, never.

Build quality, prestige, branding, interior, origin, etc etc

Prestige and interior quality I'll grant you; branding is really the same as prestige, as is "origin." Build quality on the GTR is just as good, IMO. So it really boils down to an exterior looks/interior quality edge for the G (and that edge is huge on the exterior IMO) v. a performance and technological edge for the GTR (compared to pre-LP G's especially), plus the large price differential. Apples and oranges to some degree but both great cars IMO. The analysis of G v. P-car is similar IMO, but the price differential between the two is not as great. The GTR is clearly the most advanced and best performing high performance car on the market for the money.

I just want to be clear about one thing, I am NOT knocking on the GTR, I think it is an awesome car in almost every way, hell I almost bought one beofre I got the RS5.. :icon_thumleft:

But I don't think it should be compared to an exotic just because it is fast as hell, that is the only thing and it simply does not pass the test for the exotic leauge when all things are concidered and factored in.. A 997, M3, SL63 RS5, R8 etc doesn't either..

Build quality, prestige, branding, interior, origin, etc etc

Build quality - The Gallardo (at least an early model year one) is not any better than the GTR, IMO. Dare I say the GTR might actually be better? (I will be able to give a more accurate answer to this after some miles on the GTR - but from what I can tell as of now, I stand by this) Don't be surprised if you get the same answer from others as I have here if you were to ask the majority of the GTR owners here that own / have owned an early model Gallardo.

Prestige / branding / origin. Same outlook, different terminology - Yes, a Nissan will NEVER be a Lambo in this department. Luckily, I like to purchase a car based on its driving dynamics, not the badge it carries.

Interior - Interior quality material used is nicer (leather), but as far as “better”? I disagree. The Gallardo had horrendous, premature early cracking of the leather all over the seats, door panels, etc. I will let you know how the Altima does once I rack up some miles on it.

But it will NEVER EVER be a Lambo,

It will never be a Lambo when it comes to some things, but it will be on par or better when it comes to most other things. I am stating this with utter most sincerity after driving both, and I completely understand that you may not feel the same. =)

JMO

I also wouldn't put it in the same group as the POS, porsche, M3, SL63 RS5 R8, etc, those cars have lower model siblings that look pretty much the same... the GT-R is a low production # car, no cheaper models out there, there are less of them on the road than many other currently produced exotics...

what is the "definition" for an exotic car? looks? limited production? price?

I just want to be clear about one thing, I am NOT knocking on the GTR, I think it is an awesome car in almost every way, hell I almost bought one beofre I got the RS5.. :icon_thumleft:

But I don't think it should be compared to an exotic just because it is fast as hell, that is the only thing and it simply does not pass the test for the exotic leauge when all things are concidered and factored in.. A 997, M3, SL63 RS5, R8 etc doesn't either..

Im certain the GTRs build quality is as good if not better than that of a Gallardo.. In terms of price/tech the GTR is certainly the best bang for the buck, although some could argue that since they are giving ZR1's away that is another option, but inmo the ZR1 loses on tech and build quality but wins points on appearance.

For me, Ive always liked Porsches so since their tech is inmo on par with the Nissan, as is drivability and useabilty I prefer the style of the Porsche. Ill also throw prestige in there as i think Porsche is higher on the totem pole, even though in the end Porsche ranks beneath any of the other sportscars, barring the POS.. Id still rather have a used Porsche over the new GTR..

I was going back and forth a few times with the idea of a 2yr old 997tt for the same money as a new 12 gtr.

But when I found out they are coming out with a new 997 next yr, my mind was made up.

Btw allan, I just ran into a guy at the gym with a 997tt built by Marco and he had great things to say about him. (and he's only 10 min away from my office)

I was going back and forth a few times with the idea of a 2yr old 997tt for the same money as a new 12 gtr.

But when I found out they are coming out with a new 997 next yr, my mind was made up.

Btw allan, I just ran into a guy at the gym with a 997tt built by Marco and he had great things to say about him. (and he's only 10 min away from my office)

Yes, and like I said Marco also does all the stuff for the GTR guys out there.. When you are ready Ill let him know you are coming..

Ive had one of almost everything so heres my .02c...

The GTR is an amazing machine. Hands down the best bang for the buck on the market today. Gets plenty of looks (allthough mostly from the teenage crowd), is crazy fast off the line, has loads of cool tech, and has room for crap in the back and a normal trunk to boot. Mine has a full catless exhaust and COBB with custom tune and is a rock solid hi- 10 sec car that Grandma could drive fast. I would post it against any 1000 hp RWD car on street tires at a stoplight up to about 100 mph most any day. Its a hellofa lotta fun to drive and I cant really say enough good about it. It may not have the build quality or interior of a 997 turbo, but its $70k on the barely used market and a no lose situation to own.

That being said, it might as well be a rolling turd when its parked next to my LP640. The Lambo will not beat it off the line but from 120+ on its on top regardless of the tune on the GTR. Problem is..at that speed you will go to jail in a heartbeat and its really not worth it to me anymore. The Lambo could come with a 4 banger and would stop traffic anywhere. Its an attention getter which is cool as a sunday cruiser or a once in a blue moon warrior on a nice day. The attention gets old quick though. But its an extremely unique car that is just plain and simple bad ass ...no other words necessary.

Allan, the GTR is great and all, but lets not get carried away with all this nonsense that exotics arent worth it anymore. You barely get to drive any of your cars fast, so you obviously arent really buying exotics for their speed. You wouldnt last a month without the attention you get and the pride your ego feels when you are driving around in an exotic.

Fikes, awesome car, and I really respect you for taking it out so quick and getting some real world numbers. Impressive to say the least.

thanks! real, real world #'s, 11.07 @ 124.45 MPH at the dragstrip, 1,117 DA..... 0-60 in 2.8 seconds on the vbox, more info and videos tomorrow....

Fikes, awesome car, and I really respect you for taking it out so quick and getting some real world numbers. Impressive to say the least.

thanks! real, real world #'s, 11.07 @ 124.45 MPH at the dragstrip, 1,117 DA..... 0-60 in 2.8 seconds on the vbox, more info and videos tomorrow....

awesome....

Very nice!

Allan, the GTR is great and all, but lets not get carried away with all this nonsense that exotics arent worth it anymore. You barely get to drive any of your cars fast, so you obviously arent really buying exotics for their speed. You wouldnt last a month without the attention you get and the pride your ego feels when you are driving around in an exotic.

Somewhat true.. What I moreso meant was...

A 458 is 300K

For same price can get a GTR or Porsche modded for 100K

A nice 06 Arnage T for 100k

and a nice Gallardo for 100k...

For the price of one car, you took care of technology and performance, then prestige and comfort, and then an Exotic..

Build quality - The Gallardo (at least an early model year one) is not any better than the GTR, IMO. Dare I say the GTR might actually be better? (I will be able to give a more accurate answer to this after some miles on the GTR - but from what I can tell as of now, I stand by this) Don't be surprised if you get the same answer from others as I have here if you were to ask the majority of the GTR owners here that own / have owned an early model Gallardo.

Prestige / branding / origin. Same outlook, different terminology - Yes, a Nissan will NEVER be a Lambo in this department. Luckily, I like to purchase a car based on its driving dynamics, not the badge it carries.

Interior - Interior quality material used is nicer (leather), but as far as “better”? I disagree. The Gallardo had horrendous, premature early cracking of the leather all over the seats, door panels, etc. I will let you know how the Altima does once I rack up some miles on it.

It will never be a Lambo when it comes to some things, but it will be on par or better when it comes to most other things. I am stating this with utter most sincerity after driving both, and I completely understand that you may not feel the same. =)

JMO

Main reason to buy a GTR is to go fast for a minimum amount of cash and while you don't value the badge a car carries, I dont value it being just fast, at least not enough to buy one solely based on speed :) :icon_thumleft:

bottom line is, for the money the GTR CANT be beat period. the car is a fcukin blast!

but i will always have a true exotic to go along with it (even though at 4x the price it doesnt warrant the extra speed, tech, performance, etc.)

you are strictly paying for the badge and i think the GTR has proven this. (especially with 12' model)

its like the girls going out and spending 1k for a gucci purse when you can spend $100 at steve madden and get the same quality. at the end of the day they will always spend the 1k on the gucci purse and be very happy. why, because its a Gucci ;)

bottom line is, for the money the GTR CANT be beat period. the car is a fcukin blast!

but i will always have a true exotic to go along with it (even though at 4x the price it doesnt warrant the extra speed, tech, performance, etc.)

you are strictly paying for the badge and i think the GTR has proven this. (especially with 12' model)

its like the girls going out and spending 1k for a gucci purse when you can spend $100 at steve madden and get the same quality. at the end of the day they will always spend the 1k on the gucci purse and be very happy. why, because its a Gucci ;)

Where you getting Gucci purses for 1K? Everytime I go in costs me 3k!!!!

is that the trade deal you are working on? :)

Somewhat true.. What I moreso meant was...

A 458 is 300K

For same price can get a GTR or Porsche modded for 100K

A nice 06 Arnage T for 100k

and a nice Gallardo for 100k...

For the price of one car, you took care of technology and performance, then prestige and comfort, and then an Exotic..

is that the trade deal you are working on? :)

trade? no... Just sometimes think about being a fool with my money.. Ive had the 458 for 2 months and only put 200 miles on it, so then I ask myself if cars bring me the happiness they used to.

trade? no... Just sometimes think about being a fool with my money.. Ive had the 458 for 2 months and only put 200 miles on it, so then I ask myself if cars bring me the happiness they used to.

i think someone is getting a little bored already? who voted 3-6 months? lol

i think you have just as much fun in your 997 for a third of the price.

Oh, come on now Mr. True Religion :tyson:

What about having a roaring V10 or V12 behind your neck, the sexy lines of Lambo/some Ferraris and the insane amount of thrill only a a true exotic can bring? You know what I'm talking about, otherwise you wouldn't be driving a TT Spyder :eusa_dance: Now stop trolling and lets continue to bash GTR's :icon_mrgreen:

Where you getting Gucci purses for 1K? Everytime I go in costs me 3k!!!!

Why would you even buy yourself a purse? :icon_mrgreen:

I completely agree on this! And you even have the option of being able to get it out whenever you feel like it since you live in 90210..

I can't drive my shitbox for 8 months a year and the rest 4-ish months mostly sucks becuase of the general hassle with an exotic and bad weather etc..

Oh, come on now Mr. True Religion :tyson:

What about having a roaring V10 or V12 behind your neck, the sexy lines of Lambo/some Ferraris and the insane amount of thrill only a a true exotic can bring? You know what I'm talking about, otherwise you wouldn't be driving a TT Spyder :eusa_dance: Now stop trolling and lets continue to bash GTR's :icon_mrgreen:

hey i just said i will always have a true exotic, but holy shit for 89k this car is unreal! my 750 and G have been sitting for 10 days now. i dont even want to drop the gtr off to get work done because i dont want to be without it.