2012 GT-R Vbox #'s....

FikseSTS

hey i just said i will always have a true exotic, but holy shit for 89k this car is unreal! my 750 and G have been sitting for 10 days now. i dont even want to drop the gtr off to get work done because i dont want to be without it.

:fgay: x100

I liked driving the GTR as well and I love my RS5, hasslefree great and fast rides, but on a sunny day nothing beats a Lambo with the top down.. Stop being "the Allan of GTR's" now before I come over and paint your hood white again :thefinger:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It really depends on what your doing with the car.

I like to drive mine as much as possible. I don't like an exotic to sit and be a garage queen. That's where I really agree with Allan on this, that if the car is sitting there and you paid a damn good amount of money for it, it's a waste for me. For some people who have the financial ability to own 5,6 7 cars it does not matter. But for most of us, who have 2-3 cars, you want to be able to drive them a lot and get your money's worth.

That being said, the 458 is so damn usable it could be driven every day. The only thing is that here in LA, its going to get abused. The roads really suck and parking is a real bitch. So getting the car out, getting a place where you can really drive it, ends up being a chore.

I like to drive mine as much as possible. I don't like an exotic to sit and be a garage queen. That's where I really agree with Allan on this, that if the car is sitting there and you paid a damn good amount of money for it, it's a waste for me. For some people who have the financial ability to own 5,6 7 cars it does not matter. But for most of us, who have 2-3 cars, you want to be able to drive them a lot and get your money's worth.

:iamwithstupid:

Makes you re-think a lot of things... Maybe one should take a break from Lambos, make enough money to not even care and then buy exotics again? I drove my SuperG 1500kms and the Spyder only 1100kms last year, that I do in my other cars on a few weeks, insane really..

Main reason to buy a GTR is to go fast for a minimum amount of cash

Or maybe because one prefers a lot of the GTRs attributes over those of the Gallardo?? You are right when it comes to minimal mods, though, as the GTR responds very well to $2K worth of mods. But this is not the case when you start talking about big power.

FYI...

The cost to get my GTR to 800 awhp was somewhat similar to the cost to get my Gallardo to 800 rwhp.

The cost to get my GTR to 800 awhp was somehwat similar to the cost to get my Gallardo to 800 rwhp.

The GTR is almost new, your G was old, apples and oranges.. My RS5 costed me more than a nice Gallardo over here..

I like the GTR, I really do :)

The GTR is almost new, your G was old, apples and oranges.. My RS5 costed me more than a nice Gallardo over here..

You are right. I am just referring to your statement that ‘the main reason to buy a GTR is to go fast for a small amount of cash’. I am just saying that the GTR is not cheap and almost had the same price tag when all is said and done as my Gallardo did.

At the end, we all drive what we want and what we like, and that is all that matters..=)

You are right. I am just referring to your statement that ‘the main reason to buy a GTR is to go fast for a small amount of cash’. I am just saying that the GTR is not cheap and almost had the same price tag when all is said and done as my Gallardo did.

At the end, we all drive what we want and what we like, and that is all that matters..=)

Your conclusion is spot on :icon_thumleft:Drive safe and be sure to post vids after you get the car back, should be a monster!

Your conclusion is spot on :icon_thumleft:Drive safe and be sure to post vids after you get the car back, should be a monster!

Thanks, slowpoke..=) Will do!

trade? no... Just sometimes think about being a fool with my money.. Ive had the 458 for 2 months and only put 200 miles on it, so then I ask myself if cars bring me the happiness they used to.

I would take a 458 over those 3 cars listed combined. Anyone who buys really expensive cars and loses money on them could be considered a fool with their money. Thats not a good rationale for not buying what you want and can afford. As little as you drive your 458, you still want a car that fills that void when you do have the opportunity to take something special out for enjoyment. If 300k is too much to have invested in a car to give you that feeling as often as you would use it, then figure out a number that you would be comfortable with and buy the very best thing you can to fill that need. Just be prepared to settle if you give up the 458 for a lesser car. The fact that your wife loves the 458 so much should be a huge factor in deciding whether or not its worth it. I am sure there has been plenty of cars you have had that she wasnt as crazy about. For me, if my wife doesnt like the car I have, it makes it a lot less enjoyable. I still get what I want, but I try to keep no more than 1 car around that she doesnt like at a time.

I would take a 458 over those 3 cars listed combined. Anyone who buys really expensive cars and loses money on them could be considered a fool with their money. Thats not a good rationale for not buying what you want and can afford. As little as you drive your 458, you still want a car that fills that void when you do have the opportunity to take something special out for enjoyment. If 300k is too much to have invested in a car to give you that feeling as often as you would use it, then figure out a number that you would be comfortable with and buy the very best thing you can to fill that need. Just be prepared to settle if you give up the 458 for a lesser car. The fact that your wife loves the 458 so much should be a huge factor in deciding whether or not its worth it. I am sure there has been plenty of cars you have had that she wasnt as crazy about. For me, if my wife doesnt like the car I have, it makes it a lot less enjoyable. I still get what I want, but I try to keep no more than 1 car around that she doesnt like at a time.

Oh no, I have no intention of giving up the 458 anytime soon. I just look at useage... I drive the Porsche 5x as much as the 458..