My first time driving impressions of Diablo Roadster

Night Life

Hello Boys just got back from L.A after a 5 day trip, went down take care of some business but for the most part to take my Lambo for a 5 day cruise before I import her back to Canada.

The weather was nice not great, cool at times but that was OK I was still able to take the roof off most of the time. On Sun I was able to take her out for a 8 hour cruise up the PCH (pacific coast highway) all the way to Santa Barbara. I love this town, I must retire there streets were perfect, homes were gorgeous, Yacht club was impressive but the scenery was incredible, absolutely loved it there.

Any hoo back to my thread

Since I have been a Ferrari owner for 3 years thought some of you might enjoy my pics of the new toy and my driving impression between the Lambo and Ferrari.

Thanks to a friend of mine that lives in Oxnard (another Ferrari owner) I picked up the car in Costa Mesa on Fri for my test run for 4 days, I wanted to drive it and get use to the characteristics. Let me tell you getting use to a Lambo in Los Angeles traffic is like taming a Bull in a china shop

When I first laid eyes on it it's visually stunning, makes you gasp , by far this is one of the best looking exotics I have ever seen. I like the normal Diablos but the Roadster has a better stance, the upgraded sides, engine bonnet and front end make this car unique and sleek, like a spaceship landing is the only way I can describe it.

Starting the Lambo is like winding up a turbine, there is this fast spinning sound till VRRRRROOOOMMMMM the engine comes to life. The clutch feels as heavy if not slightly heavier than the 348, with a Kevlar clutch it grabs hard takes some getting use to. The shifting is very easy and precise, unlike the Ferrari you can easily shift into second when cold.

The power and torque on this Roadster is stupid crazy , I waited for a day to get use to the power before I put it through it's pases. 1st gear grabs hard so you definitely do not want to drop the clutch as you will either snap the axle or snap your neck. Lucky the shifting pattern on the Lambo is identical to the 348, in fact to pay tribute to the 348 I ordered a 348 chrome shift ball and installed it . When you first shift into 1st gear and start to take off the engine note is a low growl till 3000 rpm and it is gradually building speed, then like a boost from NAS it whips from 3000 to 7800rpm in 2 seconds reaching 60mph, with now the engine note sounding like the world is coming to an end. The sound is definitely not a pretty or as soothing as the Ferrari and I will definitely miss that sound but the sound is still pretty awesome.

2nd and 3rd gears come and go quickly and the speed + g force is awesome, thank God for those giant rear meats for tires or this thing would shred and destroy anything else. By the time I hit 5th gear I was going well over 150mph and easily had plenty of room to go, but I refrained as I was not going to push my luck. At no point in time did I feel like I was out of control in fact it felt solid more so than the Ferrari.

I will admit the Ferrari is a drivers car, very easy to drive, easy to handle and comfortable to control, with no major blind spots. The Braking is superior in the Ferrari, precise and controlled. The lambo has Brembo brakes but you need to stand on them to make it perform like the Ferrari, mind you it is a heavier car but still no excuse. The blind spots on the Lambo are severe, you really must know your car and driving skill when operating it, even with the large side mirrors it is daunting. Backing up without a camera is well just silly, luckily I am tall and I was able to lift myself up and look when roof was off, but when roof is on furgettaboutit doing it by yourself in a parking lot backing up into a stall. The comfort level is surprisingly great, I went for a 4 hour drive up the Pacific coast highway and the seats were wonderful, way more comfortable than the Ferrari.

For prestige and sheer awe value sorry fellows but the Lambo blows away the Ferrari, I was getting more attention in the middle of Rodeo DR and Beverly hills with this machine than I ever received with the Ferrari in a small town all year long. At one point I even had a guy come up and lick the car, seriously he licked the car. Not that one buys a car simply for this reason but let me tell you it is sure nice to receive many thumbs up

Overall the Lambo is just awesome, what you give up in sound and visibility you make up in sheer power and speed. The overall looks are intense, the style is pure sex and speed, nothing will make a person react or act out like when someone lays there eyes on a Lambo Roadster. This thing is insanely fast, I thought my Ferrari spider was fast this thing is just SICK Here are some pics of the trip.

Los_Angeles_trip_003.JPG

Los_Angeles_trip_054.JPG

Los_Angeles_trip_055.JPG

Los_Angeles_trip_128.JPG

Los_Angeles_trip_095.JPG

Los_Angeles_trip_104.JPG

Cheers for the write up. I'm pretty sure it won't be long before you realise that the F-car sounded like a fairy and now you have a real engine sitting behind you.

For prestige and sheer awe value sorry fellows but the Lambo blows away the Ferrari, I was getting more attention in the middle of Rodeo DR and Beverly hills with this machine than I ever received with the Ferrari in a small town all year long. At one point I even had a guy come up and lick the car, seriously he licked the car. Not that one buys a car simply for this reason but let me tell you it is sure nice to receive many thumbs up

This is Lambopower. Believe me when I say you DONT have to apologize to this board for claiming a Lambo has more prestige and awe value than a Ferrari! ;) :icon_mrgreen:

Gorgeous car you have! Thanks for the write-up and glad to hear you are enjoying it! I agree that very few Ferraris have the road presence of a Diablo (especially a Roadster). :) I dont know what I would do if a stranger came up and licked my car. I think you handled that better than I would have, lol.

Nice write up....comparing these two cars felt like a nice throwback to the good ole days.

Agree with everything you said pretty much, even minor details like how each car shifts was exactly how I've experienced it too. Depending on your mood, either of the two cars will sound more appealing than the other. Just like music, there is no best music at all times.

Glad you're having fun....enjoy. :icon_super:

Glad your happy with the car..always nice to have a happy customer..

Did the part I sent to your guy in Cali arrive in time and get put on the car..?

Roy

I dont know what I would do if a stranger came up and licked my car. I think you handled that better than I would have, lol.

"Hey buddy, if you really want to feel connected, wrap your lips around the tailpipe and wait for to me rev it"

Good write up, enjoy your car, it is a head turner for sure.

Beautiful car, congrats on the purchase/upgrade. I love the Diablos, truly timeless. Your car reminds me of the one in Exit Wounds years ago. The trip seems like a lot of fun in a Lambo Roadster and thanks for the write-up.

Did the part I sent to your guy in Cali arrive in time and get put on the car..?

Roy

Hello Roy yes I did get your part in and installed, Frank shop is pretty sweet set up at Raging Bull, he is very knowledgeable in all Lambo's, took his time and went over the car completely with me :)

I will contact you when the car gets delivered to me as I'm sure I will need more stuff :D

Beautiful car, congrats on the purchase/upgrade. I love the Diablos, truly timeless. Your car reminds me of the one in Exit Wounds years ago. The trip seems like a lot of fun in a Lambo Roadster and thanks for the write-up.
there

:) That is when I fell in love with this car after watching Exit wounds, they filmed that movie in Calgary in 2000 I was in Calgary when they were filming the bridge scene but did not see the Lambo :(.

Roy

Hello Roy yes I did get your part in and installed, Frank shop is pretty sweet set up at Raging Bull, he is very knowledgeable in all Lambo's, took his time and went over the car completely with me :)

I will contact you when the car gets delivered to me as I'm sure I will need more stuff :D

:) That is when I fell in love with this car after watching Exit wounds, they filmed that movie in Calgary in 2000 I was in Calgary when they were filming the bridge scene but did not see the Lambo :(.

Great review, great car, great to be a lambo owner! The car looks super awsome, better than pretty much all ferraris. Please keep posting more pics of the car. Love it!