The AVENTADOR Image Thread: POST 'EM UP!

Guest Rob Burgundy

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This car really works with the bright ostentatious Lambo colors. I don't like the white, gray, or black nearly as much as the retina-searing blue, green, yellow, or red.

Oh and the rosso scuderia thing was a joke :eusa_wall:

Well now Fortis, I guess you know how EVERY MEMBER on LP felt about you and the Zonda... At least I have more supporters than you did :icon_mrgreen:

Is this a competition of who has more supporters? :lol2:

I don't care how anyone feels about me, I am not looking for a fan base I am only stating my opinions on an open discussion forum.

Zonda is one of the two supercars that we can import here, Koenisegg is the other, I was considering a Zonda until I saw one in person, I didn't like it, no big deal, life goes on.

If waiting to formulate an opinion after I had the chance to drive the car or at least see it in real life and in the mean time have more faith in my favorite car manufacturer make you a fanboy than I guess I might be one.

I will not deny it I do like Lambo hence hanging out on LP daily, I bought their cars and I will continue to do so, I love the brand and the philosophy behind it, last time I checked this is a Lamborghini forum, otherwise I would be on Fchat or Zondapower :)

I really don't care about the bashing, most of the time I enjoy it, everyone is entitled to their opinion regardless of how ridiculous it may be and whether I agree with it or not so Swil feel free to keep on bashing no issues here.

The only thing that annoyed me is that it happened in this thread, every single Aventador thread has the same negative comments in it, I thought the bashers would spare this one I guess I was wrong :lol2:

I thought Rob had a pretty good idea to start up a thread to compile all the Aventador shots out there, interested people could come and get some inspiration from some of the different color photoshops few members were kind enough to work on, members posted shots that I couldn't find on the net so I thought the thread had a lot of merit to it.

Swil you know I consider you one of the very good friends I've made on LP over the years this might come across as harsh but when you are wrong you are wrong :icon_mrgreen:

Is this a competition of who has more supporters? :lol2:

I don't care how anyone feels about me, I am not looking for a fan base I am only stating my opinions on an open discussion forum.

Zonda is one of the two supercars that we can import here, Koenisegg is the other, I was considering a Zonda until I saw one in person, I didn't like it, no big deal, life goes on.

If waiting to formulate an opinion after I had the chance to drive the car or at least see it in real life and in the mean time have more faith in my favorite car manufacturer make you a fanboy than I guess I might be one.

I will not deny it I do like Lambo hence hanging out on LP daily, I bought their cars and I will continue to do so, I love the brand and the philosophy behind it, last time I checked this is a Lamborghini forum, otherwise I would be on Fchat or Zondapower :)

I really don't care about the bashing, most of the time I enjoy it, everyone is entitled to their opinion regardless of how ridiculous it may be and whether I agree with it or not so Swil feel free to keep on bashing no issues here.

The only thing that annoyed me is that it happened in this thread, every single Aventador thread has the same negative comments in it, I thought the bashers would spare this one I guess I was wrong :lol2:

I thought Rob had a pretty good idea to start up a thread to compile all the Aventador shots out there, interested people could come and get some inspiration from some of the different color photoshops few members were kind enough to work on, members posted shots that I couldn't find on the net so I thought the thread had a lot of merit to it.

Swil you know I consider you one of the very good friends I've made on LP over the years this might come across as harsh but when you are wrong you are wrong :icon_mrgreen:

If it makes you feel better, I will buy an Aventahor and make my own videos bashing it.. :icon_mrgreen:

Fortis,

I guess I should have said "you WITH the Zonda" or "your feelings ABOUT the Zonda". You know you're a very respected member here in LP and a great friend of mine, so I'm sorry to have caused any confusion with that statement. :)

This thread is a VERY good idea. I agree as many pics that are out there, SHOULD be a sticky thread. My only hope by coming to this thread was to begin to actually see the car in different colors, so as to ascertain what color really stands out to ME with the car. Which color actually helps me see the "awesomeness" that everyone is talking about with this design. Because so far, IMHO although the Aventador is more aggressive, more angular, lower wider, meaner, exotic, flashier, than ANY OTHER AUTOMAKER'S vehicle currently; I'm not super impressed with the design cues and/or design trend they decided to follow with this car, when they had so many chances to do MORE....set the auto design industry on it's side with something outlandish and otherworldly. The same way Ferrari comes out with technological advances that sets a standard... As I've ALWAYS said, I like this car, and would consider buying one myself. Anything new from Lamborghini is great!! I AM also a Lamborgini fan. So how can this be considered "Bashing"?

But being a fan, I also have certain expectations of the marque that I don't feel they hit them all with the Aventador. Possibly excessively high expectations???? Maybe so. But as you mentioned, this is an open forum for us to talk about the carmaker we love with candid and clear opinion. There's no other "agenda" or no other company I prefer (as far as their "style") than Lamborghini. But on the same token, the different philosophy in the way Lambo runs their marketing, their customer appreciation, their lack of technological breakthroughs and originality, in comparison the a company like say aaaaaaahhhh Ferrari, is very frustrating, when in so many ways they are BEHIND. And we KNOW Lambo could be even better. Current reviews are already saying "is it a breakthrough? no, but it is still raw Lamborghini, yes". If that's good enough with most buyers then ok, that's fine. For other's, maybe not so.

But being the diehard Lamborghini fan that I am (grew up with a countach poster on my wall too, then a Diablo pic in my college dorm etc.) I AM critical of our "Team". I will give you and example or an analogy:...

We all know in SPORTS, there are two types of fans in this world. The ones that cheer and applaud their team NO MATTER WHAT the teams does. They wear the teams colors every gameday and cheer if the team wins or loses, no matter what, JUST because it's their home team. The team can do no wrong, anything they do is the best and of highest quality... The buy yearly season tickets and don't complain after a crappy year fan cause they're happy to be at their home team games, type of people. The "aww well maybe next year" people. Complacent and happy with anything because it's HOME TEAM...

Then there are those that are the "tough crowd, hard to please, critical fans". The ones that EXPECT greatness from the team in anything and everything they do. And when those expectations of their team aren't met, they call into talk radio complaining about this or that, the latest trade, why the coach should be fired, etc, etc. Those fans that wont stand for anything less than pure dominance... The same way a diehard fan would be critical of their favorite sports team when they feel a better trade for a different player may have been better for the team. Or their all-star player didn't have the season everyone expected (albeit still in the Top 5 scorers in the league, but not Player of the Year). The Fan that is unsatisfied because, the Defending champion team for the last two years straight, STILL making the playoffs but only reaching the 2nd round this year.... A fan that says, maybe a change should be made because, a Leonel Messi, NOT winning player of the year, yet, being #7 in the league in scoring, wasn't good enough... Does that make sense? Maybe I'm the latter of the two.

I'm really trying to see the "Greatness" of this design, but a thread full of hundreds of pictures of the same white and red Aventadors actually can become tiresome no matter how many angles we see it in. That was my only point in bringing it up. I know we need more time to see release cars in other colors, so maybe I should be less critical of that. But honestly.....is this car beautiful enough, awesome enough, DIFFERENT enough than the other Lambo cars, to have a thread full of just white cars or the as stated by many mambers, the "unflattering" orange-red, as the only pictures? Well I guess to some, sure. To others like me, I'm not so sure. But that's the beauty of opinions and an open forum for them. And discussions that two friends like us are having here.

No hard feelings, my friend it's all good, ok. You can come over ANYTIME to watch "the game" with me. :icon_thumleft: I will serve you all the great food, you can handle, and cheer on our team to victory together, for the entire game... And, a Team jersey is fine, but, leave the matching vuvuzela, pom-poms and matching socks at home. :icon_mrgreen:

If it makes you feel better, I will buy an Aventahor and make my own videos bashing it.. :icon_mrgreen:

You always know how to cheer me up :icon_mrgreen:

How about that VBOX?

Swil, if you hate the way it looks I am with you my friend, looks are very important, to me more important than millisecond, if you don't hate the look but not completely sold on it at least wait to see it in real life, test drive the damn thing than come back and tell us how you feel about it, that's all I am saying.

What confuses me is that you were interested in a Murci, I assume because you liked it, the AV looks a lot better and based on everyone that test drove the car drives a lot better, what's the problem? :icon_mrgreen:

I know you expected more, technological breakthroughs, reinvent the wheel, perhaps cure for cancer etc :lol2:

Swil, if you hate the way it looks I am with you my friend, looks are very important, to me more important than millisecond, if you don't hate the look but not completely sold on it at least wait to see it in real life, test drive the damn thing than come back and tell us how you feel about it, that's all I am saying.

What confuses me is that you were interested in a Murci, I assume because you liked it, the AV looks a lot better and based on everyone that test drove the car drives a lot better, what's the problem? :icon_mrgreen:

I know you expected more, technological breakthroughs, reinvent the wheel, perhaps cure for cancer etc :lol2:

:lol2:

YOU CAN BUY ONE YOU TIGHTWAD!!!!

I only need it for one hour and if you wouldn't annoy me with your 458 I wouldn't need it at all :icon_mrgreen:

I will pay for shipping and send you $10 extra dollars for gelato.

I only need it for one hour and if you wouldn't annoy me with your 458 I wouldn't need it at all :icon_mrgreen:

I will pay for shipping and send you $10 extra dollars for gelato.

Ok..PM me your info.. Im not worried about the money, just the time its gone as I wanna do my 458..

Fortis, the zonda s you saw (I assume it was the yellow s) is tame compared to the f. The f is a beautiful machine and I would have one if they passed ADR, which the f doesn't. Did you drive the s? I did, drove like it was on rails.

Swill, you could of saved 5 minutes and just posted a few of these for fortis. :thefinger:

Fortis, booked your flights?

When I see pics of the LP700 with the vents/wing deployed, the first thing I think is:

"SP has to pull that fuse immediately and leave that stuff open/extended full time" :icon_mrgreen:

Fortis, the zonda s you saw (I assume it was the yellow s) is tame compared to the f. The f is a beautiful machine and I would have one if they passed ADR, which the f doesn't. Did you drive the s? I did, drove like it was on rails.

Swill, you could of saved 5 minutes and just posted a few of these for fortis. :thefinger:

Fortis, booked your flights?

You aren't allowed to comment here, you got no taste in cars, you own a yellow 458 for God's sake.

I've never said the car wouldn't be unreal to drive, I never said I hated the exterior, I would be interested in the F if they would redo the interior the way I like it, you can mod it to pass the ADR if you are interested let me know.

The yellow S I wouldn't take for $200k

I will book my flight so I can spank your 458, where will I stay, please email me.

Sorry Rob, back to photos now :icon_mrgreen:

When I see pics of the LP700 with the vents/wing deployed, the first thing I think is:

"SP has to pull that fuse immediately and leave that stuff open/extended full time" :icon_mrgreen:

based on the photo above, it looks like the side vents open upwards? wow, that's..... new/unique?