Aventador driven by Autocar

TRANSAMERA

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Needs to be in Verde or blu ely, but I still love it! Thanks for posting!

Yo, I heard you posted a new thread about the Aventwhore so I thought I would pop in say "some angles it looks like a Gallardo"

Thanks, bye

Yo, I heard you posted a new thread about the Aventwhore so I thought I would pop in say "some angles it looks like a Gallardo"

Thanks, bye

That was epic.

Thanks, bye

LOL

Thanks, bye

omg epic Kanye reference, so perfect. :lol2:

Keep waiting for him to say-Booyakashah.

I is here wit me main man Valintino Balbini. He is head driva for di Lamborghini bati men.

You can see, the transmission will be faulted in this car by everyone..

well he said on the road its fine. its just not as quick as a dual clutch.

Great review.

My only concern:

"One caveat, though. If you’re looking for the full ‘on the edge of oblivion’ driving experience that the Murcielago once offered, you may be somewhat shocked to discover how refined and resolved the Aventador is to drive. For most of the time, that’s a big step forwards. Make of that what you will."

Hmmm. :unsure:

Great review.

My only concern:

"One caveat, though. If you’re looking for the full ‘on the edge of oblivion’ driving experience that the Murcielago once offered, you may be somewhat shocked to discover how refined and resolved the Aventador is to drive. For most of the time, that’s a big step forwards. Make of that what you will."

Hmmm. :unsure:

I think that meant the car won't go into snap oversteer which can cause a lot of trouble for your normal exotic owners who don't have the skills to drive the car even at 6/10s of its potential

It means it's more refined, like every new model is versus the one it replaces.

And it also means this will be the most daily-driveable of the Lambo flagships ever produced.

Whether that's a plus or minus is subjective. Some want these cars to be "20 minutes of adrenaline then I'm done with it" once a week, while others prefer them to be more like athletic GT cruisers...capable of providing thrills on command but dialing down the noise/fury/drama when not exceeding the speed limit.

Two different viewpoints, which is why the Stradale/Scuderia/Superleggera/SportVeloce/GT2/GT3 variants exist for all of these cars.

You can see, the transmission will be faulted in this car by everyone..

No great suprise, just confirms what everyone already thought, the transmission will be ok, but should have been dual clutch, bit of a shame they couldn't put dsg and direct fuel injection in it as then it really would be a big step up.

They will for sure put direct injection on that engine, but I doubt they will put DSG on the Aventador.

Direct inejction is irrelevant to the driving experience. No one hops out of a car with DI and says "Man, you could really feel that direct inection kicking in yo"

So that part of the conversation is nit-picky and usually forwarded by people just out to knock the car endlessly (i.e, the "Allan" crowd).

The DSG concern however is very valid, as people absolutely do get out of single-clutch cars with negative opinions versus other dual-clutch competition.

It seems the consensus so far on the LP700's transmission from those that have driven the final cars is:

1. Better than the previous generation LP560's unit, both in speed and operation.

2. Not as smooth as current Porsche/Ferrari DSG units.

How much that becomes a deal-breaker (or not) to individual buyers is very subjective, and can only be judged by each person on their own. Looking forward to more reviews as time passes, not willing to write off the car yet because some collar-popping Autocar scribe is trying to make a name for himself by knocking the car and thus looking "Clarkson-esque" to the audience.

Just a thought.

Is it possible that they knew the car would be notably more refined over the murcie and so having a "klunky" gearbox was the link to the less refined side that Lambo like to have?

Yep i a gree to a certain point, but with DI more power and significantly better fuel economy so yo can actually drive somwhere without constantly having to fill up. It made a massive difference on th Gallardo and i would assume would do the same for this engine.