Ascari_2

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hmm, no one seemed to complain about this

That's because the bits and pieces you're looking at cost more than a house.

Not the case on the LP700... :icon_thumleft:

Inexcusable and awful. The SLS shows exactly how it could have been done, the right way, and anything else is just excuse-making to defend the factory.

Love the car, still feel it's the bargain of that class by a wide margin, but that's a mistake no question.

Inexcusable and awful. The SLS shows exactly how it could have been done, the right way, and anything else is just excuse-making to defend the factory.

Love the car, still feel it's the bargain of that class by a wide margin, but that's a mistake no question.

they designed the sls wing right but they forgot to design the car :icon_mrgreen:

I agree there is no excuse for lambo, but there also is no excuse for Bugatti either. That doesnt look good at all! Unless the Mona Lisa is underneath the wing, cover that shit up!

they designed the sls wing right but they forgot to design the car :icon_mrgreen:

:iamwithstupid:

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Again Mako, please get out of my head as you say exactly the same things as me. I think this part of the car plus the central nose were designed on a Friday afternoon after a long lunch.

But the side on profile and the 3/4 views are just spot on.

Exactly what I was going to say, they should've cleaned that part up.

I'll add to my earlier underwing comment...It looks like complete horseshit. How freaking hard is it to have some kind of panel under there to smooth things out. No wonder early on we never saw any stationary pics with the wing up.

Ive said it before, just LAZY work all the way around for Lamborghini.

Ive said it before, just LAZY work all the way around for Lamborghini.

Not so lazy when you will be spanked by one in your CGT :icon_mrgreen:

That's not lazy. You can't put it up manually, so no one will ever seen it. Why would they spend time/money dressing up something that can't be seen?

Regardles how much it costs if something looks like shit then it looks like shit.

Inexcusable and awful. The SLS shows exactly how it could have been done, the right way

I agree with this though! :icon_thumleft:

I think they're missing the ball here... I know it's the same old record... But let's not forget Lambo's heritage. The Gallardo/Baby Lambo can be as practical, efficient, whatever you want to call it - but their V12 Flagship is not supposed to make sense. It's supposed to be wildly impractical, with superflous parts, insane numbers and styling that makes any modernist shriek. The jump from the Miura --> Countach --> Diablo was HUGE. This feels like Murcielago Pt. II. Audi had a blank slate, and really could do whatever they wanted. Plenty of time to come up with a new flagship to carry Lamborghini. And I can't think that something with a sat-nav and comfort settings is something that Ferruccio Lamborghini would want to stamp his name on. Coming from the man who told Enzo Ferrari to fcuk off, I just don't think this is the middle finger we were looking for.

Just my .02

I think they're missing the ball here... I know it's the same old record... But let's not forget Lambo's heritage. The Gallardo/Baby Lambo can be as practical, efficient, whatever you want to call it - but their V12 Flagship is not supposed to make sense. It's supposed to be wildly impractical, with superflous parts, insane numbers and styling that makes any modernist shriek. The jump from the Miura --> Countach --> Diablo was HUGE. This feels like Murcielago Pt. II. Audi had a blank slate, and really could do whatever they wanted. Plenty of time to come up with a new flagship to carry Lamborghini. And I can't think that something with a sat-nav and comfort settings is something that Ferruccio Lamborghini would want to stamp his name on. Coming from the man who told Enzo Ferrari to fcuk off, I just don't think this is the middle finger we were looking for.

Just my .02

:iamwithstupid:

That's all I've been trying to say.

Sorry, but I want nav, comfort, leather, radio controls on the wheel, heated seats, and all the other goodies. :icon_mrgreen:

The market has changed because unlike the past, this one has to sell thousands of units, not hundreds, in a segment that is suddenly crowded as hell with crazy numbers of $200k+ entries from competitors (unlike 10 years ago).

The more extreme cars will come later, hello "SV". For now the LP700 is pretty on-target despite a few nags.

Remember: While the body may look derivative, the platform is not. The Murcielago shared FAR more core parts with the Diablo it replaced than the LP700 does with the Murcielago. That's getting lost in this discussion of cosmetics...If anything a 2002 Murcie was very nearly a re-bodied Diablo. And that's over-generalizing of course, but it's to make the point of just how different the LP700 platform is from the model it replaces.

People get confused looking at internet pics. It's a completely re-designed clean-sheet car from the ground up, and while we may debate the lack of certain tech bits (dual-clutch, adapative dampers, etc) the majority of the running gear IS state of the art (Haldex AWD, engine HP/liter output, carbon chassis, gearchange speed, etc).

It's a solid entry. A value in the segment for the most part, and the numbers it's capable of putting down are fine. Who can bitch about a car that's faster than a CGT or SLR? And faster than the SV it replaces? Only the nuclear-power-G-TT-arguing-over-one-tenth-of-a-second crowd.

For the rest of us any high-10-second car that can hit 150mph in 15 seconds or less is damn well enough. :icon_mrgreen:

Just my .02

Have you seen the car in real life? I think it is quite hard to make up your mind by just seeing photos, majority of the guys that saw the car in real life were floored by it.

I will reserve final judgment until I see and drive one, I have some reservations about the rear, looks good from some angles and not so good from others.

Just my .02

so let me get this straight... you think the aventador looks like the murcielago?

post-2638-1305089491_thumb.jpg

post-2638-1305089500_thumb.jpg

Have you seen the car in real life? I think it is quite hard to make up your mind by just seeing photos, majority of the guys that saw the car in real life were floored by it.

I will reserve final judgment until I see and drive one, I have some reservations about the rear, looks good from some angles and not so good from others.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yH-4G6zlVhg :monkeyleft:

No, not yet. Of course everything could change once behind the wheel or simply seeing it in person. That's just my opinion based off of what I've seen.

As far as the looking like the Murci, I really don't think it's JUST like it, (or like the G for that matter), but it most certainly has a close resemblance in many ways. Like I said, it's not the same wild design jump as we saw from the old 400GT to the Miura, to the Countach, to the Diablo. It seems too much like an Audi.

Again... This opinion is subject to change - I'm not settling on anything. Opinions/feelings change as time goes on. I do like the looks of it... But still unsure whether it should be the flagship.