Aventador driven by C&D

Ascari_2

The rougher shifting he complained about is exactly what some of us want and is a big factor in the Lamborghini philosophy. If I didn't want to feel the shifts I would drive a automatic!!

All these cars are good. It is all about what style and ride you like. I like driving a space ship that feels every bit of the road and shifts with a kick. I want to feel every part of the experience. If you want to looked refined, have a smooth drive and a tame horse rumble, go F-car. Give me the fire in the looks and the drive!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Love the car but they really need to clean up under the rear spoiler/wing. Who wants to leave the rear wing up with it looking like that underneath??? You would think that it would not be good for ergo/aero under the spoiler as well. That is a huge flaw in my eyes.

Love the car but they really need to clean up under the rear spoiler/wing. Who wants to leave the rear wing up with it looking like that underneath??? You would think that it would not be good for ergo/aero under the spoiler as well. That is a huge flaw in my eyes.

:iamwithstupid:

Don't like that. Don't like that one bit.

Someone will have to jimmy up some sort of aftermarket cover for it, because the wing is nice enough that if I were an owner I'd have it deployed full time. The rear-end of the car isn't a highlight for me, so the wing deployed helps the appearance a bit.

As others have said, all they had to do was make it nice ala the SLS method...it's not that complicated guys. :eusa_wall:

Someone will have to jimmy up some sort of aftermarket cover for it, because the wing is nice enough that if I were an owner I'd have it deployed full time. The rear-end of the car isn't a highlight for me, so the wing deployed helps the appearance a bit.

As others have said, all they had to do was make it nice ala the SLS method...it's not that complicated guys. :eusa_wall:

Again Mako, please get out of my head as you say exactly the same things as me. I think this part of the car plus the central nose were designed on a Friday afternoon after a long lunch.

But the side on profile and the 3/4 views are just spot on.

Looks ugly underneath the raised wing...should be nice smooth red metal like on the Merc SLS.

Exactly what I was going to say, they should've cleaned that part up.

I didn't even bother to respond to that comment. Porsche RACE cars used to have just 4-gears in the 80s...

There's a MUCH more damning comment about the car that everyone in this thread seems to have missed in that piece, one that actual buyers would care about far more than a needless 7th gear.

And I'm certainly not going to point it out, lol. :icon_mrgreen:

Haha.

It's an interesting point about the gearchanges.

You can look at it two ways:

More gears = better acceleration in each gear

Less gears = less gear changes

The drag racing community embraces the latter....4, 3, even 2 speed autos are prevalent in the muscle car camps. Granted they only deal with the 1/4 mile, but a 650 hp Nova running a 2 or 3 speed transmission in the 1/4 makes sense.

Well once gear changes are taking almost 0 seconds then whats the hurt in having the car top out at 217 mph in 7th and being able to stay closer to max power throughout the gears?

Yeah, now with very, very fast gearchanges the shift times are less of an issue. Still, I'm sure the engineers at Lamborghini know best...

There's almost always a compromise with anything you do. I know fuel economy is not a major issue with these cars, but if engine revs at 80 mph can be 2000 instead of 3500 rpm, that could be a factor on the noise alone.

I'll add to my earlier underwing comment...It looks like complete horseshit. How freaking hard is it to have some kind of panel under there to smooth things out. No wonder early on we never saw any stationary pics with the wing up.

you need to see under the wing of bugatti, it looks even worse :D

Yes, but it is probably $150,000 worth of ugly parts, so we can admire that ugliness as "fine art and incredible engineering"... :icon_mrgreen:

It's obvious to me that the opening under the rear wing is to allow air to be pulled out from the engine bay area, working with the slatted engine cover, improving aero by working with the nagative pressure zone behind the car and under the extended wing. There are a lot of scoops pulling air into the rear of the car but not many exits. Yes a perforated screen or slatted panel under the rear spoiler would have been nice.

How are exposed mechanical items under the wing any different than exposed engines and mechanical items under glass deck lids :eusa_think:

I was talking to my partner at DMC and That will proably be the first carbon fiber piece we will make for the car when it arrives.

The driver has no control of the wing. It opens at different levels at different speeds. They assume no one will see it at speeds. It will also open when engine temps are very high to vent hot air.

If you add a cover under the wing and there is a malfunction with it we wont have any access and we will have to cut the cover that is added in order to make a repair to the system. Also the cover will prevent hot air from getting out and could damage melt or over heat other components that would not be coved under warranty do to it being modified.

The driver has no control of the wing. It opens at different levels at different speeds. They assume no one will see it at speeds. It will also open when engine temps are very high to vent hot air.

If you add a cover under the wing and there is a malfunction with it we wont have any access and we will have to cut the cover that is added in order to make a repair to the system. Also the cover will prevent hot air from getting out and could damage melt or over heat other components that would not be coved under warranty do to it being modified.

How are those pics being taken with the wing up while sitting still? Cooling off?

Still a simple formed mesh panel would have kept it nice and tidy while still providing the functionality you mention.

How are those pics being taken with the wing up while sitting still? Cooling off?

Still a simple formed mesh panel would have kept it nice and tidy while still providing the functionality you mention.

Yes a cover with vent would have been nice but.

How is the wing open. One of 2 ways. the guys from the factory opened it with laptop or engine temps got high enough for it to open to vent hot air.

Yes a cover with vent would have been nice but.

How is the wing open. One of 2 ways. the guys from the factory opened it with laptop or engine temps got high enough for it to open to vent hot air.

This is what I was told from factory and from another source. No manual control like the Murcie.

That space underneath the rear wing reminded me of airplane flaps.

Why so much talk about what's underneath a spoiler? LOL. There have got to be a hundred other things that need attention first.

because it has Gallardo mirrors, looks like a 560 on roids, no DI and no DSG have been beaten to death.

because it has Gallardo mirrors, looks like a 560 on roids, no DI and no DSG have been beaten to death.

No wonder it's been so quiet the past few days. :icon_mrgreen:

No wonder it's been so quiet the past few days. :icon_mrgreen:

I am surprised nobody photoshopped one with RD's ginormous avocado :lol2: