45k for this?

Allan-Herbie

I bet $1 that the car ends up not sold, and is listed again shortly. And they hope they have created a lot of interest in the car..

I bet $1 that the car ends up not sold, and is listed again shortly. And they hope they have created a lot of interest in the car..

Actually that car sold for approx 45k the last time when this guy bought it.. Prior owner was in AZ..

For a kit. it looks pretty good. The wheels are waaaay off, rear, etc though. I never have understood why someone would pay much for one however. A nice Lotus, a Jalpa, Urraco, Espada, Jarma (yeah a real Lamborghini), 930, 996tt, 308, 328, Viper, etc can all be had for less, with possibly money left over for a real Rolex.

For a kit. it looks pretty good. The wheels are waaaay off, rear, etc though. I never have understood why someone would pay much for one however. A nice Lotus, a Jalpa, Urraco, Espada, Jarma (yeah a real Lamborghini), 930, 996tt, 308, 328, Viper, etc can all be had for less, with possibly money left over for a real Rolex.

:iamwithstupid:

completely agree

ciao

The wheels are way off because they are using 17s. As far as I know when it came to Countach kitcars, the Armstrongs were the best . I know this car as I discussed it here before, thinking Id buy it , put correct wheels on it, and twin turbo the motor. Then it would be off to have some fun, make some videos and sell it.. I had actually Pmed a 25K offer but the car sold for over 40K.. But then again, ive never driven a Kitcar before, so maybe had I of driven it I would of bailed at even 25K..

The wheels are way off because they are using 17s. As far as I know when it came to Countach kitcars, the Armstrongs were the best . I know this car as I discussed it here before, thinking Id buy it , put correct wheels on it, and twin turbo the motor. Then it would be off to have some fun, make some videos and sell it.. I had actually Pmed a 25K offer but the car sold for over 40K.. But then again, ive never driven a Kitcar before, so maybe had I of driven it I would of bailed at even 25K..

I hardly believe someone is fool enough to buy a kit , no matter how nice, for $40K. A kit a a kit. A wannabe will always be a wannabeewith a kit.

Thoses who want a fast car can get a 930 porsche turbo for that kind of money and while not a lambo, a 930 is a real car to handle. Better yet a nice 308 with some left over money.

but again some believe the end of the world was coming, sold their house and quit their job. So what do I know about fools...

A real nice kit should not be worth more than any real nice exotic, Cap is $20K-25K as you started. After that once is smarter to buy a real thing, whatever it is.

They are exeptions for some cars, like the Ford GT by superperformance but these are no longer what once could consider a kit car.

AND I WIN! Someone owe me $1! The car auctioned up to $45K, and is allready on evilBay with a buy-it-now of $42.500,- Very strange..... Someone bidding on their own car?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1991-Lambor...=item1e64639d60

If normal people only bid on this car now, even if it is a good kit, I would be suprised to se it sell much above $30K in a real auction.

:flamesuit: A really good countach replica I actually wouldn't mind having.

Moreso though I'd love it if Lambo came out with a modern version of the countach. That would be a car I'd stretch my spending limits to acquire.

very well made for a replica

but at 40k$ does not make sense....as already said i would take a 930 over this kit or even a 308 GTBi ! ;)

Moreso though I'd love it if Lambo came out with a modern version of the countach. That would be a car I'd stretch my spending limits to acquire.

:iamwithstupid:

Either one of these 2 would be alot of fun to have.. Do all the crazy stuff in it, youd never do in a CT... And how cool would be to hear turbos and blow off valves...

Then reach out to the owner.

But you must promise to beat the living shit out of it too.

They were working on designing the Countach EV which would be a modern version. What ever happened to that? Are they still considering building it?

Link to Countach EV video:

They were working on designing the Countach EV which would be a modern version. What ever happened to that? Are they still considering building it?

Link to Countach EV video:

That was not a factory concept. A designer, Adriani, who is a member here made that concept.

That was not a factory concept. A designer, Adriani, who is a member here made that concept.

Tthis is a heck of a nice design! Close enough to the original to be recognize but not to be confused with the old. If an electric car ca sound like this, I want one of those... IMO this is what the new factory lambo should look like

I agree. Those designs are better than what's coming out of Santa ####.

but at 40k$ does not make sense....as already said i would take a 930 over this kit or even a 308 GTBi ! ;)

Of course you can, but everyone who says this is missing the point...

They want a Countach!,

and if you can find one for $45k, or even twice that.......

PS know many 'Tribute' owners, and the only reason they all have one is they cant afford the real thing, and thay rarely sold.