Giro 2011 Sedona Enchantment Aventador .. !!!

JR

Black always just looks incredible on these cars, makes them look even lower and wider than they already are...and somehow more malevolent as well.

I'd be happy in any of the non-skittles shades, black/white/grey. :monkeyleft:

What a nice venue.

it is.. VERY gorgeous..!!

not to many resorts like it..

we stayed there twice on the same trip (on the way to grand canyon and on the way back from Monument Valley)

P1270702.JPG

P1270721.JPG

Black always just looks incredible on these cars, makes them look even lower and wider than they already are...and somehow more malevolent as well.

I'd be happy in any of the non-skittles shades, black/white/grey. :monkeyleft:

Ohhhh, you! :icon_mrgreen:

Just back from GIRO. A few comments - pics to follow soon....

- thanks JR for posting great pics. wonderful to meet you and the doc ;)

- in attendance: 26 privately owned lambos plus 2 dealers plus 6 corporate cars

- several of the 26 had been on GIRO before

- LP700-4 is GORGEOUS (white is my fav). We also saw black (& orange just unveiled yesterday at track)

- LP-700 was FUN FUN FUN to drive @ track. We had a small piece of Spring Mountain Motorsports Ranch - it was

tight and VERY technical. Had some fun four wheel drifting it in the very tight corners but it was easy to correct and pull back.

- the ENTIRE car is new from ground up. ISR clutch is super fast and crisp. Car is quite nimble.

- LP700 is like the LP560 on STEROIDS with the sexiest skin EVER (IMO)

- to be in the company of lambo loving people, in a gorgeous setting, with some very spirited drives (I mean VERY), great food, drinks.....it was a lovely time.

- Last year the count was 18 lambos (don't know how many were dealers)

- I'm glad there weren't more- it kept things intimate - it was easy to get to know people - a large group can make that more challenging.

- well run and first class trip - we'd do it again as long as the venue is appealing

Opposite of "fail" in my book :)

- LP700-4 is GORGEOUS (white is my fav). We also saw black (& orange just unveiled yesterday at track)

- LP-700 was FUN FUN FUN to drive @ track. We had a small piece of Spring Mountain Motorsports Ranch - it was

tight and VERY technical. Had some fun four wheel drifting it in the very tight corners but it was easy to correct and pull back.

- the ENTIRE car is new from ground up. ISR clutch is super fast and crisp. Car is quite nimble.

- to be in the company of lambo loving people, in a gorgeous setting, with some very spirited drives (I mean VERY), great food, drinks.....it was a lovely time.

- I'm glad there weren't more- it kept things intimate - it was easy to get to know people - a large group can make that more challenging.

- well run and first class trip - we'd do it again as long as the venue is appealing

Definite fail... Not in your book, but in lambos... They used to get 50+ cars...

Definite fail... Not in your book, but in lambos... They used to get 50+ cars...

You sound like an asshole..I mean a grumpy old man.

You said the Aventador would suck. We all said not so fast. You were wrong.

You said it will look like a Gallardo. We said it looks fcuking hott. You were wrong.

You said they will have trouble selling them out the 1st year. We said not to my knowledge. You were wrong.

You said the ISR will suck. We said give it a chance. You were wrong.

You said they were broken down. We said you are stirring up shit. You were wrong.

You said they will blow performance wise. We said lets take it to the track. You were wrong.

You said the Giro sucks. We said how could any Lambo event like that suck. You were wrong.

You said they only had dealer cars. We said yeah sure. You were wrong.

Who cares that in 198fucking5 they used to get 300 cars to these events? Times are changing and the economy is still down. Fact of the matter is they got a ton of enthusiasts to take off of work and drive or ship their cars out to hang with Lambo for a few days and check the new beast out. At what point are you going to give up on the charade and finally admit.....you were wrong?

I liked the old Allan better that stirred up crap on the internetz and then brought it back for our amusement. Not that Allan that is beating his head against the wall crying the grass is blue when we all have seen it and know it is green.

You sound like an asshole..I mean a grumpy old man.

You said the Aventador would suck. We all said not so fast. You were wrong.

You said it will look like a Gallardo. We said it looks fcuking hott. You were wrong.

You said they will have trouble selling them out the 1st year. We said not to my knowledge. You were wrong.

You said the ISR will suck. We said give it a chance. You were wrong.

You said they were broken down. We said you are stirring up shit. You were wrong.

You said they will blow performance wise. We said lets take it to the track. You were wrong.

You said the Giro sucks. We said how could any Lambo event like that suck. You were wrong.

You said they only had dealer cars. We said yeah sure. You were wrong.

Who cares that in 198fucking5 they used to get 300 cars to these events? Times are changing and the economy is still down. Fact of the matter is they got a ton of enthusiasts to take off of work and drive or ship their cars out to hang with Lambo for a few days and check the new beast out. At what point are you going to give up on the charade and finally admit.....you were wrong?

I liked the old Allan better that stirred up crap on the internetz and then brought it back for our amusement. Not that Allan that is beating his head against the wall crying the grass is blue when we all have seen it and know it is green.

I state facts, you state judgment.. The Aventador sucks.. Maybe not to you, but to many.. Is it sold out? HARDLY.. Does it look like a Gallardo,.. Yes in many ways it does... Does the ISR suck? Compared to any DCT... ABSOLUTELY... Performance? have you timed it? Has it been track tested? Numbers? NONE... The Giro sucked.. 20 something Customer cars is LAUGHABLE... You think the economy is soo bad that they couldnt show? LOL.. Maybe you havent checked the prices and attendance for events like the GoldRush, Gumball, Bullrun.. This is a FACTORY event that they cant even get 1/4 of the attendees the other events do, because they have all SUCKED SOO BAD, for years on end, getting consistantly worse.. The Ultimate lambo Experience gets 50 based Cali lambo owners yearly to run around circles for a 1000's bucks.. yearly... The economy has NOTHING to do with it... The event BLOWS...

That being said... I will have an Aventador before you do..... :icon_mrgreen:

Hi Carol, thanks for the report on the Aventador at the track, very interesiting: you had a very good day at the Giro!

That car should be a very good beast and it is outrageous and scaring like once Countach was

ciao

Leaving Royal Palms hotel (PHX) June 12...

Cool vid Miss "one of the boys"..

cars sounded GREAT and looked GOOD....

thanks for posting..

Good looking car. Sad to think in five years it will be at the same price as 05 Murcies today. In Canada optioned out tax in this car is half a mill give or take. That's a hard pill to swallow.

I state facts, you state judgment.. The Aventador sucks.. Maybe not to you, but to many.. Is it sold out? HARDLY.. Does it look like a Gallardo,.. Yes in many ways it does... Does the ISR suck? Compared to any DCT... ABSOLUTELY... Performance? have you timed it? Has it been track tested? Numbers? NONE... The Giro sucked.. 20 something Customer cars is LAUGHABLE... You think the economy is soo bad that they couldnt show? LOL.. Maybe you havent checked the prices and attendance for events like the GoldRush, Gumball, Bullrun.. This is a FACTORY event that they cant even get 1/4 of the attendees the other events do, because they have all SUCKED SOO BAD, for years on end, getting consistantly worse.. The Ultimate lambo Experience gets 50 based Cali lambo owners yearly to run around circles for a 1000's bucks.. yearly... The economy has NOTHING to do with it... The event BLOWS...

Allan, car is pretty much sold out. There are dealers trying to buy cars from other dealers. The car is hot. It has been well received. As for the turnout for this event, 26 client owned cars isn't too shabby at 6k a head. Back in the day when you had 300 cars out there, it didn't even scratch the surface of that much. Heck, the one that you did that I was on was 4k. I think they designed this to be far more intimate, not like the old Vik days where they auction off a Diablo, give all the proceeds to CHP charity and then the 1099 foundation shuts down the whole interstate for an Adretti led group to roll through at 200mph. I think those days are not only gone, but they are never coming back.

Was this event a fail, in my eyes no. If they got 26 cars at 6k a head that's a $156k paid to them to debut their own car! Pretty fcuking genius if you ask me. I don't have a dog in the fight, but the new car is pretty radical. I saw it in person, I really liked it and I have a couple clients that have them on order. They can not wait to get them (even though now that looks like we never really know when we will get them). My problem with the company falls far from the car but one of the guys they have working for them that is one of the most polarizing figures I have ever met (and before you say it, it isn't Winkelmann or Hoffman who is genuinely a pretty nice guy and very intelligent).

The car doesn't suck. Their handling of some things might leave something to be desired, but the car isn't one of them. You and I know that car secretly blows your skirt up :icon_super:

Now quit being such a Debbie Downer and start ragging on some FChat guys or something!

Good looking car. Sad to think in five years it will be at the same price as 05 Murcies today. .

i am glad that there are those people who buy new. Great for them.. and when they are done, i'll be there to buy one..

doesn't matter if it's lambo, aston martin, mb mcLaren SLR. porsche, mb S65, etc. etc. modern cars are mass produced and ALL are depreciating assets. especially ferrari's at "market prices"

someone on here mentioned how much his depreciation was over the years and it is HUGE. i assume that those who bought new, enjoyed the cars and maybe didn't really care.

some of us have been there..

i can tell you that a used Aventador is in my future.. (and the MP4 McLaren .. used)

Actually Allan, we state facts, you state judgment.. The Aventador rocks.. Maybe not to you, but to many.. Is it sold out? YES.. Does it look like a Gallardo... No in many ways it doesn't... Does the ISR suck? Compared to any DCT... ABSOLUTELY NOT... Performance? have YOU timed it? Has it been track tested? Numbers? NONE... So you can't say it's slow. The Giro rocked.. 20 something Customer cars is GREAT... You think the eco... okay I'm tired. See what I mean? These posts are so generic and so unfounded on anything, it's kind of pointless.

Actually Allan, we state facts, you state judgment.. The Aventador rocks.. Maybe not to you, but to many.. Is it sold out? YES.. Does it look like a Gallardo... No in many ways it doesn't... Does the ISR suck? Compared to any DCT... ABSOLUTELY NOT... Performance? have YOU timed it? Has it been track tested? Numbers? NONE... So you can't say it's slow. The Giro rocked.. 20 something Customer cars is GREAT... You think the eco... okay I'm tired. See what I mean? These posts are so generic and so unfounded on anything, it's kind of pointless.

As I said before... WHERE ARE THESE PICS OF THE CARS YOU OWN?

Allan, car is pretty much sold out. There are dealers trying to buy cars from other dealers. The car is hot. It has been well received. As for the turnout for this event, 26 client owned cars isn't too shabby at 6k a head. Back in the day when you had 300 cars out there, it didn't even scratch the surface of that much. Heck, the one that you did that I was on was 4k. I think they designed this to be far more intimate, not like the old Vik days where they auction off a Diablo, give all the proceeds to CHP charity and then the 1099 foundation shuts down the whole interstate for an Adretti led group to roll through at 200mph. I think those days are not only gone, but they are never coming back.

Was this event a fail, in my eyes no. If they got 26 cars at 6k a head that's a $156k paid to them to debut their own car! Pretty fcuking genius if you ask me. I don't have a dog in the fight, but the new car is pretty radical. I saw it in person, I really liked it and I have a couple clients that have them on order. They can not wait to get them (even though now that looks like we never really know when we will get them). My problem with the company falls far from the car but one of the guys they have working for them that is one of the most polarizing figures I have ever met (and before you say it, it isn't Winkelmann or Hoffman who is genuinely a pretty nice guy and very intelligent).

The car doesn't suck. Their handling of some things might leave something to be desired, but the car isn't one of them. You and I know that car secretly blows your skirt up :icon_super:

Now quit being such a Debbie Downer and start ragging on some FChat guys or something!

Car is not sold out, I know as fact... As for the run... 156k... Minus expenses... Nowehere near 156K to debut their own car.. and in reality, i hardly doubt that a difference of 4k to 6K is stopping anyone from going on the run.. EVERYONE I know who went on the run back in the day, would never go again..

As for shutting down the highway... we get that every year for the 1199 run.. lots of fun...

One correction: GIRO is 6K per car (not per head) but even so it's brilliant. And don't forget, we paid to get ourselves AND our cars there. For many, that brings it to 6K per head.

And the ULE - of course they'll get tons of cars for $1500. It's a one day event, and it attracts local cars (most will drive there and back - not fly and ship their car). You can't compare the ULE to GIRO - they are two totally different experiences (a one day track event that attracts LOCAL owners vs. a 5 day driving vacation at changing venues that attracts owners from all over the U.S. and Canada - most of whom traveled a long distance and shipped their car to participate). As for GoldRush - they are expecting 100 cars - but it's open to ANY exotic - not limited to lambos. Can't really compare it to GIRO.

Is Lamborghini perfect? No. Is any marque? Don't think so.

I'll do GIRO again. It was the people that made it special, and it was a very intimate trip. There was no common thread except the pure passion for lambos, and that was a very cool thing to be a part of. GIRO won't appeal to everyone but that's okay - I liked it just the way it was.

Oh - they did give us track performance numbers on the LP700 in the drivers meeting. It'll come out soon enough, and have more meaning when the numbers are 3rd party tested (rather than from lambo). Then everyone can decide whether it's impressive. For me...VERY.

Allan - please keep me posted on your future travel plans. :eusa_naughty: I'll adjust accordingly :)

(J/K...LOL :icon_mrgreen: )

One correction: GIRO is 6K per car (not per head) but even so it's brilliant. And don't forget, we paid to get ourselves AND our cars there. For many, that brings it to 6K per head.

And the ULE - of course they'll get tons of cars for $1500. It's a one day event, and it attracts local cars (most will drive there and back - not fly and ship their car). You can't compare the ULE to GIRO - they are two totally different experiences (a one day track event that attracts LOCAL owners vs. a 5 day driving vacation at changing venues that attracts owners from all over the U.S. and Canada - most of whom traveled a long distance and shipped their car to participate). As for GoldRush - they are expecting 100 cars - but it's open to ANY exotic - not limited to lambos. Can't really compare it to GIRO.

Is Lamborghini perfect? No. Is any marque? Don't think so.

I'll do GIRO again. It was the people that made it special, and it was a very intimate trip. There was no common thread except the pure passion for lambos, and that was a very cool thing to be a part of. GIRO won't appeal to everyone but that's okay - I liked it just the way it was.

Oh - they did give us track performance numbers on the LP700 in the drivers meeting. It'll come out soon enough, and have more meaning when the numbers are 3rd party tested (rather than from lambo). Then everyone can decide whether it's impressive. For me...VERY.

Allan - please keep me posted on your future travel plans. :eusa_naughty: I'll adjust accordingly :)

(J/K...LOL :icon_mrgreen: )

HAVE FUN!!!! :icon_mrgreen:

Allan, the only reason that it could NOT be sold out would be that some dealers got allotment that they did not have market to sell. I know of a couple dealers that are begging for any extra slots. There are none to be had. I know, you have heard some things. I need one more build slot and cannot find it. If you have one, please let me know. Seriously, you know I am not fcuking with you.