Tour De France 2011

topcabron

Great race today! I like the fact that the Schlecks seem to be of one goal, which is getting one or the other a victory...doesn't seem to be any ego between the two and I think both would be equally happy for the other to win it all. How much time will Frank need going into the the final time trial? Voekler in yellow yet again...awesome job for him to stay up there with the best. AC looks pooped out...not sure if he is still playing possum or not, but if he decides to take off on Saturday, that could open the race wide open! Basso looks great and although Evan's still wont attack, he looks strong as well. Felt bad for RadioShack as well...such a stacked team at the start and now really have no contenders left.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Voekler......awesome

Schlecks........not awesome

The Schlecks had their opportunity to double punch the competition and they didn't.

I remember all that negative racing.

What a disappointment.

hate to tell you Topcabron but I told you so......

"And here is some news: Alexandre Vinokourov apparently just announced on French tv that he is retiring from racing. This Tour which ended so tragically for him will have been his last pro race."

hate to tell you Topcabron but I told you so......

"And here is some news: Alexandre Vinokourov apparently just announced on French tv that he is retiring from racing. This Tour which ended so tragically for him will have been his last pro race."

And how many times did Lance announce his retirement just to subject us to more?

Please, its a little premature to say I told you so. The Kazahkstan government will have their say, and we all know how they work.

And how many times did Lance announce his retirement just to subject us to more?

Please, its a little premature to say I told you so. The Kazahkstan government will have their say, and we all know how they work.

how is it premature? He announced it. I think you are just wanting to debate here. For this discussion I get to say I called it.

how is it premature? He announced it. I think you are just wanting to debate here. For this discussion I get to say I called it.

how many times did Armstrong retire and come back?

how many times did Armstrong retire and come back?

we are not talking about Armstrong.

Also, Armstrong did not break his leg and retired because of it and being "old".

Vino said this was his last Tour anyway so everything points to this being his last Pro race.

we are not talking about Armstrong.

Also, Armstrong did not break his leg and retired because of it and being "old".

Vino said this was his last Tour anyway so everything points to this being his last Pro race.

Okay, okay.....lets see. I know him(yes, personally), and I also know how important the Olympics are to him and his country. He is super nationalistic, and in some ways, the Olympic medal for Kazahkstan is more important than the yellow jersey.

I think the draw of gold will out weigh his "plan" to retire.

Okay, okay.....lets see. I know him(yes, personally), and I also know how important the Olympics are to him and his country. He is super nationalistic, and in some ways, the Olympic medal for Kazahkstan is more important than the yellow jersey.

I think the draw of gold will out weigh his "plan" to retire.

Vino's quote

"As far as competing goes, I think I will leave it there. I don’t think I’ll get back on my bike as a professional. I’m going to call it a day now,"

OK, you are right from the above statement everything points to him returning. lol

The Olympics is not a "professional" race.

Since you know him why don't you contact him and ask him instead of us speculating from the public statements?

Vino's quote

"As far as competing goes, I think I will leave it there. I don’t think I’ll get back on my bike as a professional. I’m going to call it a day now,"

OK, you are right from the above statement everything points to him returning. lol

The Olympics is not a "professional" race.

Since you know him why don't you contact him and ask him instead of us speculating from the public statements?

Athletes stating their retirement are alway definitive no matter what sport and they never come back no matter who they are.......

how about we wait and see.

Athletes stating their retirement are alway definitive no matter what sport and they never come back no matter who they are.......

how about we wait and see.

How about I'm right for now and will gladly eat my words if he comes back and races a professional race?

:icon_mrgreen:

How about I'm right for now and will gladly eat my words if he comes back and races a professional race?

:icon_mrgreen:

yes, you are right, you read a story of VInp retiring, posted it, and thus he is retired for now.

yes, you are right, you read a story of VInp retiring, posted it, and thus he is retired for now.

For the record I called his retirement the day of or the day after his crash.

Are you going to call him to see what the real story is?

Evans is favorite now imo. I don't see the Schleck brothers or Contador get more than 1 minute away from him in the Alps, and he's better in the individual time trial than the Schlecks

Voeckler is a man possessed in yellow! I figured he'd be long gone by the time the Pyrenees were over but, wow! I hope he hangs on at least for the podium. Was somewhat disappointed that nobody could put a dent in anybody once it was down to just the "favorites" on the last day in the Pyrenees on the final climb. I can't imagine things will remain the same through the Alps but it'd be cool to see a time trial battle for the win.

Surprise day today.

Contador and Hushovd were awesome!

Contador is riding to win the Yellow, Cadel wants the yellow. There is a big difference. I don't think we will see any serious attacks from Cadel. Voekler does not have a chance if Contador can continue an assault on the Schlecks and the mountains.

Stage 18 will be the day.

Great stage today, but the cameras were killing me (along with production team responsible for which cameras were in view). Best part of the race was the last decent, but we missed most of it. I'm sure part of itbwas due to the motorbikes having a tough time defending as well, but how did we miss the evans group until right at the finish?

AC is on fire since the rest day...wonder if he had another steak! :icon_mrgreen:

this

they were the only ones whining about the descents instead of getting on with the work. The descents are difficult. This is the hardest race in the world, and the danger is high. All the racers are subject to the same roads. The best all around cyclist wins every year. The one who tt 's the best, climbs the best, sprints the best, descends the best, and stays healthy wins.

they were the only ones whining about the descents instead of getting on with the work. The descents are difficult. This is the hardest race in the world, and the danger is high. All the racers are subject to the same roads. The best all around cyclist wins every year. The one who tt 's the best, climbs the best, sprints the best, descends the best, and stays healthy wins.

I agree. I have lost some respect for the Schlek's with their whinning. Sack up and ride that bike like you stole it you little bitch and STFU.

:)

I agree. I have lost some respect for the Schlek's with their whinning. Sack up and ride that bike like you stole it you little bitch and STFU.

:)

:crybaby2: schlecks