Tour De France 2011

topcabron

Andy taking it to everyone.....and.......and .......and Cadel racing for second.

Contador gone for today, but tomorrow is another day. Though I would not completely count out AC, I think its over for him.

Voekler is a probable podium along with Cadel and Andy.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think cadel thought AC had a mechanical when he first went to the back of the peleton and slowed up a bit. Funny how it seemed like that group was waiting for for someone to take charge.

What a friggin hill though, all of those guys were gassed...and another day in the mountains tomorrow!

i am glad Contador is basically out...can the one of Schleck's take Voekler? Cadel? there is still a time trial to do yet....

i am glad Contador is basically out...can the one of Schleck's take Voekler? Cadel? there is still a time trial to do yet....

this tour is still undecided. Tomorrow is going to be harder than today only because Cadel will have to do something......anything.

Voekler is still a wild card. Of the favorites, Cadel is the best at time trials so the Schlecks still need more time.

Its great to have a tour undecided until the third week.

I agree, this tour is exciting as all get out! How much time do you think AS & FS need on cadel? Is it something that if he sticks on AS's wheel that he will be able to make up the cap on the ITT? That seems like a safe play, but is likely pretty dumb way to play it right, especially since AS didn't get blown out of the ITT last year (he surprised a lot of people if I recall correctly and only lost a few seconds over AC...not the minutes people were predicting) and one misstep and the ITT could be over for any of the GC contenders.

The one thing I liked about AS attack today is that he just went for it and didn't slow down to look and see who was following and didn't stop after a few hundred meters...he just dropped the hammer and went for it full out. Cadel needs to do the same thing, but I'm not sure if he believes he can do it...its like he's hesitant or unsure of how good he is. I think he's the strongest in the peleton at the moment, but its like he's holding back for some reason When he went with it he brought bakc a minute or so on AS during the last couple of KM's today.

AS is willing to lose which makes him deserving of the yellow.

As far as the tt goes, its coin flip. Who the hell knows how any of them will do.

three stages to go and NO jerseys are decided.

The yellow his to close to call.

The polka dot jersey is contended with three people within 4 points

The Green is 15 points ahead so too close to call.

Even the white jersey is unsecured.

I think AS won the tour with his ride today. He will do what it takes to finish it off.

i still think the Schlek's are a bunch of wussies though.

Im not too sure about the winner.

AS looked spent after the stage, and he isn't a great tt artist.

Cadel did a lot of chasing, and hard riding. He can tt.

Frank did the least work and can tt as well as AS.

Contador is done but I cant rule him out.

Basso is not like he was before his doping suspension, but is still hanging. He used to tt well, but has not a good one for a while in a grand tour.

My guess is AS has momentum and confidence. Is one minute enough? Hard to say.

And Voekler? Geezus.

seeing Voekler up there tells me there are more guys in the peleton that can do what he is or at least do better than what they do but the team tactics make them hold back.

it tells me less people are doing drugs

AC looks pooped after that attack...great ride early on. Not sure why AS is helping AC at this point?

they are trying to distance Voekler. But, he's still there.

Frank and Cadel are over a minute behind.

Better to have a two man break and two men riding for yellow than 5.

When it comes to the discount, AC is very good. Maybe AC will drop AS on the down hill. Then climb for the win up Duez.

Doesn't look like Cadel's group will catch them before the start of the climb. Looks like it could now com up to the final climb...woot!

still too close to call with Cadel under a minute behind Andy and Frank.

We could see the closest three in history after tomorrow.

The biggest loser today was AC. Didn't improve too much, no stage win, and losing motivation.

AS could do it with his momentum, but Cadel does look strong. COmpletely flat tt plays into Cadel's specialty.

Only one jersey is done and thats the polka dot.

I just don't know.

Its wet out today which favors Cadel.

Cadel has to beat Andy by 58 seconds which is a lot based on other major tours and comparing results of the past.

Too close to call.

Too bad Andy.

But can't he try to take yellow again in the race tomorrow even though no one considers it as a real race or is there some sort of etiquette?

Too bad Andy.

But can't he try to take yellow again in the race tomorrow even though no one considers it as a real race or is there some sort of etiquette?

etiquette. they do not attack the yellow on the last stage.

Well, great tour and I would have to say the best tour in a long time.

Cadel deserves the win. He did just enough. Nobody says you have to do more than enough to win. He had a great tour: didn't crash, fended off attacks, and time trailed the best.

Andy and Frank have only themselves to blame. They didn't put Evans in trouble in the mountains when they had the chance.

Of the top four, I would have loved to see Voekler to get on the podium.

Tomorrow, it will be up to Cav to win or lose the green.

U.S. teams kicked ass this year with over 10 stages.

Norwiegens kicked ass with Hushovd and Bossan Haagen.

Austraalia has their first yellow winner ever.

Tomorrow will be exciting.

At least Andy can probably take solace in the fact that he will probably win the 2010 TdF in a couple of weeks. :lol: