Motorola Atrix opinions

Chimay52

I am thinking about getting a Motorola Atrix. Does anyone have one of those or does anyone have opinions on other Android phones that I should look at instead of that?

I currently use a BB Torch and will continue to use it for work but the Android would be for personal reasons.

I don't personally have one but my bro-in-law just picked it up and it seems to be pretty cool. Excellent battery life, decent screen size, and a killer buy compared to the iphone4. I'm going to play with the droid x2 and the atrix this weekend, so i'll report back which I prefer.

I have a Motorola Razr I could sell you for a pretty reasonably price.

No thanks, I think those things come as the kids toy in McDonald's happy meals now.

Got a Samsung Droid Charge (which is 4G, on Verizon) about 3 weeks ago and I'm loving it. Big 4.3" screen, super AMOLED (i.e. super-clear/bright) screen, even nicer than iPhone's), strong battery life (unlike other 4G phones I've heard of) -- I charge it at night, and it lasts the full day until bedtime with a fairly heavy amount of use with no problem. I'm loving the Android OS, great, customizeable aps, etc. (Get the SwiftKey keyboard app. I love it.)

The HTC Sensation is in the running now too. I believe my decision will be between the Sensation and the Motorola Atrix.

Is HTC a good brand of phone? I haven't heard much about them (but haven't paid much attention).

The HTC Sensation is in the running now too. I believe my decision will be between the Sensation and the Motorola Atrix.

Is HTC a good brand of phone? I haven't heard much about them (but haven't paid much attention).

I believe they make the most android phones, and make a relatively good product

On the sensation just be cautious as it too has problems just like the iphone except this time it WILL affect connectivity.

On the sensation just be cautious as it too has problems just like the iphone except this time it WILL affect connectivity.

From what you have heard, is that a problem with the phone or the phone provider?

I have read about some problems on the android forums about various android phones but it always seems people are complaining about AT&T, more so than the phone itself.

I have Bell and although the customer service makes me want to shoot little kittens with paintballs, I stick with them because I never have connectivity problems or anything like that.

Perfect, thanks for the info and link!

That is a surprising drop in the reception bars depending how it's held. I can't get my BB Torch to drop any bars no matter how I hold it.

Yeah, i was surprised as well. I tried it out with a couple of Sensation models that my friends had, and all did the same thing.

How about a Motorola startac?

LOL, yeah.

So today I learned Motorola still makes phones, go figure....

I like my Atrix a lot. Don't really have any complaints and it's quite fast, pretty good battery life. I have an iPhone4 and I'm really starting to prefer some parts of android to iOS