London riots, wtf is going on?

Jota1995

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:iamwithstupid: Captain Chaos is spot on with his rant!!

Rob,

I think that piece of trash that from Twitter needs to be introduced to a Federal Hydra-Shok 230 grain .45 hollow point to the top of the thigh to take care of that "rush" she's feeling from stabbing a police officer.

Expansion is close to the size of a U.S. Quarter!

45-Auto-Federal-230-grain-Hydra-Shok-354x200.jpg

That''s the ammo I carry in my HK for self defense. :icon_thumleft:

I am pissed off that I live in the only state in the US that doesn't have a CCW...I can't imagine how pissed the people are the entire country of England doesn't have anything like that.

And to see crazy shit like this happening in the US...there were just race crimes all over a Wisconsin state fair. Black teens assaulting every white person they could find.

New Jersey? WI or IL?

They should send in a few of these, but equipped with rubber bullets, it'll stop them:

Those are made right up the street from me. You should see what else they have in their 'office'. ;)

Westminster Magistrates' Court has been working round the clock to help deal with the 922 arrested and 401 charged over the London riots. Here's a snapshot of proceedings.

Saffron Armstrong tried to explain that he had gone into a looted computer store because he was inquisitive - and a freelance journalist.

This drew sniggers from the press bench, but not from district judge Elizabeth Roscoe, who told him he faced a prison sentence.

The 22-year-old pleaded guilty to burglary after being arrested in a PC World store in Colliers Wood, south London, the day after it was hit by looters.

The accounting student from Mitcham, who also worked for Marks and Spencer, was remorseful and admitted his intentions had "not been for the best".

Nails chewed

It was a pattern which was repeated throughout the morning as defendants including students, an estate agent and an aspiring ballerina were brought up from the cells.

Two had handed themselves into police - one after she saw her picture in a national newspaper.

The 17-year-old girl, whose lawyer said wanted to be a dancer, was accused of stealing two televisions from the Richer Sounds store in Croydon on Monday.

The electronics store had £190,000 of stock raided and was left with £15,000 of damage in the riots.

She anxiously chewed her nails as the judge made arrangements for her to appear at a youth court next week.

Another woman, a graduate and aspiring social worker, also handed herself into police the day after stealing a £300 television from a Comet store in Enfield.

Natasha Reid, 24, from Edmonton, had been on her way to McDonald's when she saw the store had been broken into.

Her lawyer said she had gone to the police as she could not sleep through guilt.

Tough sentences

On Tuesday, Prime Minister David Cameron said anyone convicted of violent disorder would go to prison.

And in a brisk, efficient manner, the district judge in court five seemed to be ensuring that this happened.

In each case, she would listen carefully as the defendants' solicitors made arguments for community sentences or for them to be granted bail.

Then she would say the circumstances rendered their offences too serious, before referring their cases to the crown court, and its tougher sentencing powers.

The case of Charlie Heron, 18, epitomised the approach.

The unemployed cannabis user from Roehampton admitted buying £248 of sports clothes from a "crack head" for £50 - items which had been looted from JD Sports in Clapham Junction the previous night.

The offence, which would ordinarily result in a fine or conditional discharge, saw him remanded in custody and sent to crown court for a probable prison sentence.

"At this time, anyone who buys stolen goods of this nature, from well-publicised rioting and stealing from shops is very much in the same position as the person who stole the goods," Judge Roscoe told him.

'Looking for a thrill'

Almost 100 people appeared at Westminster overnight, with prosecutors working 17:00 to 09:00 shifts.

About 30 more people charged with offences linked to the rioting were to appear before the court before the end of Thursday.

Despite appearing stressful for the lawyers, who were often without their complete paperwork, proceedings appeared to be passing smoothly.

Between riot cases there was time for some which are dealt with on a more typical day in a magistrates' court - a man losing his licence for drink driving, and a woman denying pulling a barmaid's hair.

The court was packed with press, including a contingent from abroad - between cases British journalists were busy explaining the vagaries of the justice system to their French counterparts.

Last up before lunch was James Haung, 19, arrested on Tuesday night in Camberwell wearing a balaclava and gardening gloves.

He denied a charge of going equipped to steal, having told police he was "just looking for a thrill".

He too, was remanded in custody, to appear at crown court at a later date.

Of the eight cases heard during the morning - others involved charges of affray following a scuffle with police in Lambeth and someone found carrying a knife in Hackney - none were released on bail, and all were sent to the crown court for sentencing.

Outside, police officers guarding the court, where prison vans lined the streets, were keen to hear of the punishments being meted out to the people arrested in the preceding days.

Crown court means prison time.

Craig Cave, 26, of Burrows Avenue, Beeston, appeared at Nottingham Magistrates' Court, and was found guilty of obstructing police in Nottingham. He was fined £60.

Suspect is arrested A suspect is arrested by police in London

District judge Tim Devas told him: "Let me give you a piece of worldly advice.

"Get a life, sort yourself out. Don't you feel ashamed that you are now counted among the hundreds of yobbos arrested and now considered as scum by the public?"

Speaking in general to the court about sentences that were handed down, Judge Devas added: "If there are any criticisms of sentences handed down by the courts, if you want anyone to blame, then go and speak to the government.

"Do not blame the judges or the magistrates who do their jobs professionally and abide by the guidelines set down.

The prime minister promised he would do "whatever it takes" to restore order to the streets as he set out a range of measures aimed at helping businesses and homeowners affected by the riots.

They included:

To look at whether it would be right to stop people communicating via social media when "we know they are plotting violence, disorder and criminality"

Plans to look at whether wider powers of curfew and dispersal orders were needed

New powers for police to order people to remove facemasks where criminality is suspected

Courts could be given tougher sentencing powers

Landlords could be given more power to evict criminals from social housing

Plans to extend the system of gang injunctions across the country and build on anti-gang programmes, similar to those in the US

He said the government would meet the cost of "legitimate" compensation claims and the time limit for applying would increase from 14 to 42 days

A £10m Recovery Scheme to provide additional support to councils in making areas "safe, clean and clear"

A new £20m high street support scheme to help affected businesses get back up and running quickly

Plans for the government to meet the immediate costs of emergency accommodation for families made homeless

He said: "This is a time for our country to pull together.

Interesting bit of news, if you have a council property in Nottingham and you or someone that lives in that property with you is convicted of any of these offences then they are in breach of the tenancy agreement and are out.

:iamwithstupid: Captain Chaos is spot on with his rant!!

Rob,

I think that piece of trash that from Twitter needs to be introduced to a Federal Hydra-Shok 230 grain .45 hollow point to the top of the thigh to take care of that "rush" she's feeling from stabbing a police officer.

Expansion is close to the size of a U.S. Quarter!

45-Auto-Federal-230-grain-Hydra-Shok-354

That''s the ammo I carry in my HK for self defense. :icon_thumleft:

Sorry my friend.... Winchester Ranger "T"

ranger.jpg

All the lethality of "Black Talon" with none of the bad publicity.

Careful Britain... Were sending you our "top cock."

Sorry my friend.... Winchester Ranger "T"

WOW, I stand corrected. :shock: :icon_super: Thank you for opening my eyes to this ammo RD, I hope to be buying a box soon!

Wow. That is serious business. What's a box of 50 run?

Theyre a little more expensive.... And you have to find somebody who will sell it to you- not that hard online. Winny sells it only to LEO...

I practice w/ the cheap stuff that reload with ranger when Im done.