Underground Racing TT Superleggera vs. AMC Hornet

Cross post from Ohio GT2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's a video of a run I had this past Sat against a well known AMC Hornet with Indy heads, big progressive nitrous, 29.5 slicks, etc. He never runs it at the strip, but rumors are it's a low 9 second street car in the 160's. The chase Busa is a bolt-on set-up ridden by a light, good rider. We tried to run a second time from a 1st gear 25 mph roll, but the AMC spun and got out of it.

I got out of the first run around 220

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NweTf62cssA

I'm assuming he was running race gas? G looked squirelly even at high mph.. crazy!!!

Stage 1 Race = 1550 whp

Stage 2 Race = 1700 whp

Stage 3 Race = 1950 whp

You gotta be shitting me and all this time i thought 1550 was the highest you guys made.....any vids of stage 3 race G's?

Great vid, but I told you just point the camera's backwards!!!! :)

For those of you that don't know, Jamie has been on every forum known to man and has offered to travel across the country to get a race. VERY FEW have stepped up to accept his challenge.

Peter

I'm assuming he was running race gas? G looked squirelly even at high mph.. crazy!!!

Yes it did look squirelly..almost in the other lane..yikes....

Great vid, but I told you just point the camera's backwards!!!! :)

For those of you that don't know, Jamie has been on every forum known to man and has offered to travel across the country to get a race. VERY FEW have stepped up to accept his challenge.

Peter

Yea i wouldnt imagine why no one wants to step up to him....thats one badass G

Yea i wouldnt imagine why no one wants to step up to him....thats one badass G

There is no competition. What else has 4WD (for traction on the STREET) and is able to handle this type of HP while still maintaining stock/near stock drive-ability? Nothing is even close. The GTR is the closest.

The only car that will take down a TTG is a full out drag car with a big TT V8 on huge slicks and skinnies in the front and that's not very DD-friendly.

^

im waiting to see the numbers on a tt 458.

with some drags, that tranny, and boost by gear, i think it would be a close race.

doesnt the 458 have an advanced launch control that can "learn" a particular surface so that each run is quicker than the one before ?

You gotta be shitting me and all this time i thought 1550 was the highest you guys made.....any vids of stage 3 race G's?

This. I had no idea you guys were pushing beyond 1500whp! UGR ROCKS!!!

^

im waiting to see the numbers on a tt 458.

with some drags, that tranny, and boost by gear, i think it would be a close race.

doesnt the 458 have an advanced launch control that can "learn" a particular surface so that each run is quicker than the one before ?

It's still going to be about TRACTION. There is NO way a RWD can get enough traction (unless it has DR) to be able to keep up with a 4WD car on the STREET with street legal tires. Hell the TTGs and GTRs are spinning almost all the way down PREPPED DRAG strips. Unless you do a 170 MPH roll race then NOTHING (daily driver with all with comforts) is going to be able to hang with a TTG.

It's still going to be about TRACTION. There is NO way a RWD can get enough traction (unless it has DR) to be able to keep up with a 4WD car on the STREET with street legal tires. Hell the TTGs and GTRs are spinning almost all the way down PREPPED DRAG strips. Unless you do a 170 MPH roll race then NOTHING (daily driver with all with comforts) is going to be able to hang with a TTG.

^^

Gotta agree. anything over 900 is gonna be difficult for a RWD to launch properly. I mean he can, but will spin from 1st to about 4th depending on the driver. still would be pretty badass to see a 1000+hp 458