College Football 2011

Roman

No way is U Cincy a #14 team. They'll just embarrass themselves against a good team, like they always do. Of course this whole claim is due to my total bias against UC seeing as I find their fans to be completely obnoxious.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No way is U Cincy a #14 team. They'll just embarrass themselves against a good team, like they always do. Of course this whole claim is due to my total bias against UC seeing as I find their fans to be completely obnoxious.

And in 3 sentences you have summed up everything thats wrong with the current ranking system.... The polls have become GOSPEL... A REPLACEMENT for actually PLAYING. We look at the schedule of each team pre-season, pick who we think will make us the most money at the end of the year, add a little personal bias to the mix, and rank everybody accordingly- that way we get exactly what we want....

Fact is, they are a 1 loss team, which in my poll puts them higher than the best 2 loss team (Texas).

Now.... IN REALITY, theyre being ranked 14 in my poll is pretty irrelevant.... All I really care about is that top 2 or maybe top 8. I cant "Tinker" with my rankings to get a desired result... I follow strict rules... WIN... Stay at the top... LOSE. DROP....

IN MY system, Cincinatti is out of the top bowl games...

BUT... In the BCS... GET WHAT? Cincinati will be in a BCS BOWL whether theyre ranked or not.

And in 3 sentences you have summed up everything thats wrong with the current ranking system.... The polls have become GOSPEL... A REPLACEMENT for actually PLAYING. We look at the schedule of each team pre-season, pick who we think will make us the most money at the end of the year, add a little personal bias to the mix, and rank everybody accordingly- that way we get exactly what we want....

Fact is, they are a 1 loss team, which in my poll puts them higher than the best 2 loss team (Texas).

Now.... IN REALITY, theyre being ranked 14 in my poll is pretty irrelevant.... All I really care about is that top 2 or maybe top 8. I cant "Tinker" with my rankings to get a desired result... I follow strict rules... WIN... Stay at the top... LOSE. DROP....

IN MY system, Cincinatti is out of the top bowl games...

BUT... In the BCS... GET WHAT? Cincinati will be in a BCS BOWL whether theyre ranked or not.

Yeah I agree with you and that is a good point. This year especially with all the conferences beating each other up for the most part and not clear teams dominating it gets a bit tough. I think my buckeyes are a far better team then when they satarted this season, but could care less if they get ranked seeing as its irrelevant in the end. I did enjoy Lee Corso (who i hate 98% of the things he says) going off on gameday about how Boise state can go undefeated and doesnt deserve a shot at the title and doesnt deserve to be anywhere near the top of his top 25.

The only thing I liked about UC winning is that it brings just a little more pain to Mark May's worthless existance.

So it now appears that if LSU and Alabama win the rest of their games this season, we will see a rematch in the national title game...The only way they wont have this happen is that IF Oklahoma State goes undefeated. Why they wont put Stanford into the top three at this point (even more so than Oklahoma State) is a freaking mystery.

So it now appears that if LSU and Alabama win the rest of their games this season, we will see a rematch in the national title game...The only way they wont have this happen is that IF Oklahoma State goes undefeated. Why they wont put Stanford into the top three at this point (even more so than Oklahoma State) is a freaking mystery.

IF that happens, it will be the death of the BCS, and terrible for college football. It will have become the BcSEC, and they will lose half the country.

Speaking of death. There is a school in the state of Pennsylvania, which I will from now on refer to as the college of disgrace, which should be removed from the NCAA FOREVER. Their octogenarian Coach should be FIRED. Alk mentions of his name should be removed from the campus, and he should be expelled from the NCAA hall of fame.

I will NEVER watch another game featuring the College of Disgrace, and any television entity that airs them should find their sponsors BOYCOTTED.

What happened in this case is DISGUSTING.

fcuk joe paterno.

The 28 year old GA who WALKED IN ON THE FORCFED ANAL RAPE of a TEN YEAR OLD BOY IN THE COLLEGE OF Disgrace's LOCKER ROOM, SHOULD NEVER COACH AGAIN...

I would have KILLED the sonofabitch... THEN called the police.... He called his dad and swept it under the rug to further his career....

fcuk YOU!

...and now Joe Pa is retiring....AFTER the season

Joe "paW" should be fired. Not at the end of the season. Not next week. Today. Right now. And they should burn down the lockerrooms where this happened.

...and now Joe Pa is retiring....AFTER the season

It's unbelievable, their response to this crisis is completely unacceptable. No press conference, he gets to coach three more games. That serial child rapist was on the campus as recently as last week. The entire management of the football program should be fired, the AD and the President. They should be charged with criminal negligence. Apparently this goes back as far as 1994.

I am simply stunned that they have not had the common decency to resign immediately.

I think we are just seeing the tip of the iceberg...if he was doing it 2002, it was happening well before then...once re realized the 02 incident was not going to get his ass in trouble, he probably started up again soon after...fcuking sad.

It's unbelievable, their response to this crisis is completely unacceptable. No press conference, he gets to coach three more games. That serial child rapist was on the campus as recently as last week. The entire management of the football program should be fired, the AD and the President. They should be charged with criminal negligence. Apparently this goes back as far as 1994.

I am simply stunned that they have not had the common decency to resign immediately.

"All that is needed for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing.".

And I'd add my own corollary to that : Good men who do nothing when they know evil is happening, aren't good men after all.

"All that is needed for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing.".

And I'd add my own corollary to that : Good men who do nothing when they know evil is happening, aren't good men after all.

:iamwithstupid:

In a statement Paterno said "with the benefit of hindsight I wish I had done more." A 10 year old boy was seen being raped in a shower by a 60 year old man.....what hindsight do you need???

They should all go to prison and throw away the key, Paterno should die in prison. As of now they know of 9 cases and since this has come to light more victims have approached authorities. When do you put protecting your legacy over the safety and well being of children. I am disgusted.

Good Lord...that fucker is one sick predatory son of a bitch. NO way are there only 8 victims, he had his routine down pat...

I heard a radio report from John Ireland KLAC earlier today, he said there were now 20 victims.

I heard a radio report from John Ireland KLAC earlier today, he said there were now 20 victims.

And if a single one of them occured AFTER Paterno found out, he should go to prison as well.

And if a single one of them occured AFTER Paterno found out, he should go to prison as well.

Most of them did. I was watching a time line on Espn this morning, this Sandusky guy had issues dating back to 1994.

I think this particular topic deserves it's own thread.

The first victim in the indictment said the incidents took place in 2007-2009. Paterno found out in 2002. The GA told Paterno he saw Sandusky raping the 10 year old...even if they don't tell the cops, how does that dude ever get back into the building again? How that GA did not take a helmet and wear that mfer out...

Boise and Stanford are done...

1 LSU

2 Oklahoma State

3 Houston

4 Alabama

5 Oregon

6 Arkansas

7 Stanford

8 Virginia Tech

9 Boise State

10 Clemson

11 Oklahoma

12 Southern Miss

13 Kansas St

14 Georgia

15 Pedophile State

16 South Carolina

17 USC

18 Michigan St

19 Arkansas St

20 Wisconson

21 Michigan

22 TCU

23 Nebraska

24 Cinci

25 Tulsa

That was a fantastic game to be at! Storming the field after OT win!

All of my friends who also know paul are going apeshit. Couldn't be happier for him and Bill Bliel and the rest of the program. HUGE "Signature win".

On the downside for ISU I have a sneaky suspicion his success will mean you'll be looking for a new coach soon. (For the record, I have no first hand info on this. I need to be start a controversy on sportcenter like I need a hole in my head. )

Iowa State shocks OSU.... That shakes everything up again

And Lee Corso has lost his mind.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/college/...ksEnabled=false

He hasn't had his faculties for some time now.

ON a side note I hear Herbstreit is taking a job with OSU. (Making his blatant pseudo-sexual obsession with the Buckeyes) all the more legitimate for returning to the place he once came.

On that note, here is my favorite Kirk Herby video.

Ahhh the good ole' days.

He hasn't had his faculties for some time now.

ON a side note I hear Herbstreit is taking a job with OSU. (Making his blatant pseudo-sexual obsession with the Buckeyes) all the more legitimate for returning to the place he once came.

On that note, here is my favorite Kirk Herby video.

Ahhh the good ole' days.

REALLY??? He just moved his family OUT of Ohio, because some crazy OSU fans had made threats against them, because they didnt think he carried their water enough....