05LSV Buying a Gallardo Thread

05LSV

Congrats on the pickup! The G looks like a matchbox car next to the AMG and HSE haha.

It does look a little small doesn't it? lol

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How are you liking the egear in the 08? Have you driven a previous model year G with an e gear to compare?

Also, do you know if the e-gear system on the 08 MY is improved over the previous MYs? Or are all the 06-08s the same with only the 560 e gear system being improved?

According to this site, there was a minor revision to the e-gear in 08.

I've only driven a manual an a 2010 LP560. Compared to the LP560, the shifting is harsher in the 08. It almost reminds me of the shifting in the LP640 I drove - very hard and mechanical. Raw, if you will, compared to the newer LP560 e-gear.

hope this helps.

Thanks for that. Do you like the feeling of the e gear in your 08? And would you says the LP560 is THAT much smoother?

It's 38% smoother.

Just kidding, I have no idea. I'm trying to remember the LP560 and if memory serves, yes, I feel like it was considerably smoother.

I love everything about the car, so yes, I like the feeling of the egear. I wish it wasn't raining and I'd go for a drive right this second. lol