05LSV Buying a Gallardo Thread

05LSV

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats! Is that a 6-speed G? Looks great...what kind of exhaust does it have?

Car has a Larini exhaust. Trying to get a couple of pics up...

oh wow i thought you passed on this car...congrats on coming to your senses! what changed your mind?

It was price and options. I couldn't find anything else as loaded out in one of the colors I wanted and in the ballpark of my budget, so once this all came together, that was that!

It was price and options. I couldn't find anything else as loaded out in one of the colors I wanted and in the ballpark of my budget, so once this all came together, that was that!

if it's meant to happen, it's meant to happen, looking forward to delivery pics!

Whoops on the double pic above. Was a little excited last night.

The car has every option I wanted (although I found out at the 11th hour that it didn't have nav). I got the backup camera, clear bonnet, and callistos that were my original requirement, plus the car has branding package, travel package, perforated seats, yellow piping with yellow calipers, Bluetooth, iPod, carbon 1 package, built in radar detector and front and rear laser jammers, LED strips in the engine bay (push button on/off under the steering wheel) and the best part, a Larini exhaust. It sounds amazing.

I went to the dealer yesterday and drove the car. No problems. PPI was perfect after a couple of quick fixes last week, so I didn't expect less. They had a ton of cars there (pics coming) so it was cool walking around in there too. They had 3 aventadors, a countach, a couple of older murcis, and even some 60s and 70s muscle cars. Did the ppwk, got the car loaded on my buddy's truck/trailer, and towed it home.

The funny part was that at every gas station we stopped at to get gas or use the bathroom, people were coming up and asking about the car. One girl asked for a pic standing next to it and handed my buddy her phone to take the shot. There were a couple of "what did you pay for that?" questions, to which I replied, "I don't know, it's not mine." Mostly everyone was nice though, and people seemed genuinely pumped to just be near the car and look at it. Hopefully that continues.

Got it home last night and the wife and I went for a cruise and took turns driving. She did well with the paddles and even a little reverse to get the car turned in the driveway.

Funny story was that I told one of my buddies who is a real car lover to come over and help me hang a new tv last week. I told him the screen was on bacK order, but when it gets here if he could give me a hand that would be great. So he gets to the house last night and I tell him the tv is way bigger than I planned and we're all (wife too) going to have to bring it in from the garage. When we went in there to find no tv, the look on his face was awesome. We went for a quick ride around and were both smiling ear to ear as I got more comfortable putting the pedal down into the carpet.

All in all a great day. Can't wait to get more seat time today and this weekend.

Awesome David. As I said last night-Congrats!!!!

One quick question. It doesn't have NAV? The picture you posted shows a NAV unit right?

One quick question. It doesn't have NAV? The picture you posted shows a NAV unit right?

Thats just the standard screen. KMR's is the same way. And who needs nav in a gallardo anyway?

Yep, Kevin is right. No nav. I was told that you can get the non-nav cars to do the nav, but why bother. I'll use google maps if I'm lost.

Yep, Kevin is right. No nav. I was told that you can get the non-nav cars to do the nav, but why bother. I'll use google maps if I'm lost.

You my friend need a Lambo Owner title, and an updated Signature!

LED engine bonnet.

Congrats!

That car is a WOW!

Any details/photos on the engine LEDs were installed? I'd love to do that to mine