Something was wrong :) But its All good now :)

Zapper

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not again :(

Not a good week for the ZR cars. First ZR Enzo crash's into the water, the S7 TT broke again and the motor goes in your car!

Looks like the seals went on the turbos. Not too bad.

A leak down test was performed about a month ago at ZR and reviled an average 25% loss and a lot of oil on top of the pistons.

The ends of the spark plugs were burnt off even some of the porcelain was gone, she was running very very hot in there.

Changed the plugs and drove it home from Calgary (700kms).

But by the time I got home, the car was running very poorly, checked the plugs and again the tips of the plugs were burnt off.

I changed the plugs, ran the car for the last couple of weeks then yesterday I decided to punch it a little and it started to run the worst it ever did.

Limped the car home and i changed the plugs again then started it, well as you see it is not a simple case of changing plugs this time.

I knew is was coming but was hoping to drive it for the rest of the season.

I guess now it will be parked until it is time to go for the rebuild :(

During this short driving season I should mention that I use approximately 50 liters of oil for about 5000 kms lol :shock:

A leak down test was performed about a month ago at ZR and reviled an average 25% loss and a lot of oil on top of the pistons.

The ends of the spark plugs were burnt off even some of the porcelain was gone, she was running very very hot in there.

But by the time I got home, the car was running very poorly, checked the plugs and again the tips of the plugs were burnt off.

I changed the plugs, ran the car for the last couple of weeks then yesterday I decided to punch it a little and it started to run the worst it ever did.

Limped the car home and i changed the plugs again then started it, well as you see it is not a simple case of changing plugs this time.

During this short driving season I should mention that I use approximately 50 liters of oil for about 5000 kms lol :shock:

You should of known better than to buy a car after Ryno had it! :icon_mrgreen:

Plugs don't just get burnt up in normal conditions, so changing them isn't really "fixing" anything. Reading the plugs can tell you a lot about what the car is doing, but its screaming to me that this thing is running lean!

One thing to be careful of, oil in the combustion chamber makes your octane rating plummet and will cause detonation even in completely stock cars. If it's burning 1/10 that much oil you really should be looking for the root cause of the problem.

If you want just for kicks, post a picture of one of the torched sparkplugs, specifically the tip.

You should of known better than to buy a car after Ryno had it! :icon_mrgreen:

I did drive her pretty good but I can say that I never broke a half shaft before! I left that for Zapper to do lol

If you want just for kicks, post a picture of one of the torched sparkplugs, specifically the tip.

I will post some pixs of the plugs this afternoon

I did drive her pretty good but I can say that I never broke a half shaft before! I left that for Zapper to do lol

It was a good car when i got it from Ryan but after that I put 35000 km on it :)

A car is meant to be enjoyed and I enjoy it :D

I think I sold it with 92,000km on it and had it TT'd at 60,XXX

So a TT build is good for about 30,000 hard kms in the hands of a crazy Canadian(s) .......

I gotta hand it to you and Zapper, you guys are not afraid to drive em like they were meant to be driven!!!

I want to be like you guys when I grow up ..............

I think I sold it with 92,000km on it and had it TT'd at 60,XXX

quick adding here hummmm.

TT'd at 60000

TT'd again at 85000 (sold at 90k)

Fk'ed up at 114000

Crazy Canadians always wrecking sh!t up here :icon_super: