UFC DISCUSSION NWS!

porter

My guess is that Jones outpoints him to a decision, using his reach advantage and wide range of creative strikes to do damage and score points, but that Cormier also does get him down on occasion and manages to control him on the ground a bit, though not enough to outpoint him overall.

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it. :-)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tomorrow on Fox we've got:

Lawler vs. Matt Brown

Anthony Rumble Johnson vs. Little Nog

Clay Guida vs. Dennis Bermudez

Josh Thomson vs. Bobby Green

Good free card, should be interesting.

Tomorrow on Fox we've got:

Lawler vs. Matt Brown

Anthony Rumble Johnson vs. Little Nog

Clay Guida vs. Dennis Bermudez

Josh Thomson vs. Bobby Green

Good free card, should be interesting.

Yup, good free card indeed. I think Lawler takes it, but I'm sort of pulling for Brown.

Great card, turned out to be entertaining as hell.

Bobby Green, crazy speed in those hands. Didn't know much about him, likes the chatter, great fighter.

Bermudez, super tough guy. Did everything right. Quite a record he's got going.

Johnson, cannot comprehend him at welter, he is huge even at light heavy. Massive guy, absolute murder tonight.

Lawler and Brown, closer than the scorecards IMO, great fight, these guys are sluggers, still feel Hendricks is half a step ahead of Lawler but it's close.

I think the DC vs Jon Jones will be a good one. Glover was simply not on the level of DC. I still think Jon will get the nod but hey, it will be a threat to him for sure.

I'm REALLY hoping Gus actually delivers him another great fight if they meet again. The last fight was phenomenal.

Great card, turned out to be entertaining as hell.

Bobby Green, crazy speed in those hands. Didn't know much about him, likes the chatter, great fighter.

Bermudez, super tough guy. Did everything right. Quite a record he's got going.

Johnson, cannot comprehend him at welter, he is huge even at light heavy. Massive guy, absolute murder tonight.

Lawler and Brown, closer than the scorecards IMO, great fight, these guys are sluggers, still feel Hendricks is half a step ahead of Lawler but it's close.

Yup, great card indeed. It's cool to hear that both Lawler and Dana said that, although he lost, Matt Brown should move up in the rankings from this fight. Guy is a gamer. With a little technical work on his boxing he'll be a serious contender. (He did some weird shit where he'd throw a punch and then sort of duck his head down and try to scoot back -- don't know whose plan that was, but it wasn't the greatest. Anyway, Matt's a bad-ass.)

I think the DC vs Jon Jones will be a good one. Glover was simply not on the level of DC. I still think Jon will get the nod but hey, it will be a threat to him for sure.

I'm REALLY hoping Gus actually delivers him another great fight if they meet again. The last fight was phenomenal.

I agree, Jones and Gus are close, the pressure has to be getting to Jones with all the records he is chasing coupled with his personality. Also agree Jones and DC will be a good tilt, black Fedor finally gets his chance.

Yup, great card indeed. It's cool to hear that both Lawler and Dana said that, although he lost, Matt Brown should move up in the rankings from this fight. Guy is a gamer. With a little technical work on his boxing he'll be a serious contender. (He did some weird shit where he'd throw a punch and then sort of duck his head down and try to scoot back -- don't know whose plan that was, but it wasn't the greatest. Anyway, Matt's a bad-ass.)

I remember on TUF when the guys were saying everyone in the house was afraid of Matt Brown. He must be a no-shit hard-ass in real life too. Good for him, he had a great fight against Lawler, no shame in the loss.

Dear god...that's going to be a massacre...Very happy for Diaz...I don't know if he is a marketing genius or just a lucky weirdo, but he sure did well for his career by having this particular attitude that he has.

No details on weight for the fight yet?

Dear god...that's going to be a massacre...Very happy for Diaz...I don't know if he is a marketing genius or just a lucky weirdo, but he sure did well for his career by having this particular attitude that he has.

No details on weight for the fight yet?

Such a weird matchup :eek3dance:

Diaz moving to middleweight from what I can gather. I doubt Silva can do welterweight at this age...?

Why do I have this strange feeling that Diaz is actually going to win????

We will see how strong Silva's mental game is, that's for sure.

Cant wait for some of these upcoming fights.

The only question regarding the outcome lies in whether Silva is firing on all cylinders mentally and physically after that leg break incident. If he's unaffected by it and is back to normal, or anywhere close to it, he will likely put a humiliating clinic on Diaz.

If he's NOT back to normal . . . that's the only way things might get interesting.

I honestly just hope he is actually back close to normal. It would be such a shame to see him lose a third fight in a row (even though the second one, technically, did not actually LOSE...anyhow...), I don't really want his legacy to be tarnished by Nick Diaz.

The odds are though, Nick Diaz at 185 lbs will be quite a bit smaller and "weaker" than Anderson. At the end of the day, Silva is by far a better fighter, I just hope he brings his toolbox and goes to work on Nick Diaz. I could not stand hearing Diaz mouthing off non-stop for months...

Will be interesting to hear sonny chime in, he trained with Nate I think? Wonder if he thinks Nick has what it takes to beat Spider.

I could see Nick winning, just takes the right day and wrong Silva showing up.

With Silva, GSP and even Lesnar gone, Dana has been pushing Rousey down our throats non-stop. Will be nice to get Silva back albeit an aging broken one.

Will be interesting to hear sonny chime in, he trained with Nate I think? Wonder if he thinks Nick has what it takes to beat Spider.

With Silva, GSP and even Lesnar gone, Dana has been pushing Rousey down our throats non-stop. Will be nice to get Silva back albeit an aging broken one.

What will be nice is to see Cyborg fight Rousey and BEAT HER ASS! (maybe)

IF Silva isn't mentally 100%, he is gonna get beat. Nick has more to win than to lose, and Silva has more to lose than to win IMO.

I've seen people saying jones was on top there, not that it matters but from what I can see DC is kinda tossing him off the stage no? Anyway DC ftw.

I trained with Nate in lodi in May. Nick wasn't there. As he was helping Gilbert Melendez . I think its a toss up with either fighter able to win. I hope Nick wins though. I think it is gonna be a decision either way. What I will add is nate is an awesome guy as is his team , students and his family. same with nick.