UFC DISCUSSION NWS!

porter

Round 3 and 5 for GSP, 2 and 4 for JH, round 1 was the tiebreaker. MMA is not based on visible damage though, a lot of people don't seem to get this... I would not have been surprised if JH was given the victory either, but JH is turning out to be such a whiny bitch now I'm glad he didn't win.

GSP definitely seems mentally down, throughout the fight it's like he lost motivation more and more. He can take a hit though!

Thats fcuking dumb. If someone has to go to the Hospital right after a fight rather than hit the craps tables they did not win a fight. I get most sports arent as they seem from the untrained eye, but good luck getting fans like me to watch after you see someone get his ass kicked yet still win a fight. I wouldnt say he's a whiny bitch, everyone including GSP thought he(Hendricks) won that fight.

Anyone else think Hendricks just shook off every punch from GSP like WTF thats all you got?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thats fcuking dumb. If someone has to go to the Hospital right after a fight rather than hit the craps tables they did not win a fight. I get most sports arent as they seem from the untrained eye, but good luck getting fans like me to watch after you see someone get his ass kicked yet still win a fight. I wouldnt say he's a whiny bitch, everyone including GSP thought he(Hendricks) won that fight.

Anyone else think Hendricks just shook off every punch from GSP like WTF thats all you got?

http://www.mmaoddsbreaker.com/news/fight-s...-round-scoring/

I thought he mayve tapped but its tough to say he could be jockeying for position and shoving. Either way I had a very close fight w an edge to hendricks. Gsp is getting all beat up lately in fights. He looks awful. Combine this w a clear mental issue and he should just quit.

I'm thrilled the hype machine failed again w rory.

Thats fcuking dumb. If someone has to go to the Hospital right after a fight rather than hit the craps tables they did not win a fight. I get most sports arent as they seem from the untrained eye, but good luck getting fans like me to watch after you see someone get his ass kicked yet still win a fight.

Many fights have ended with the winner going to the hospital with broken bones end severe cuts etc, that's nothing new. And as long as it is a round based scoring system, what happens in one round does not affect the scoring in another round at all.

I'm not a huge GSP fan so was just amped to see a good fight, which it was. I still feel tho that a champion with a long title defense should be clearly defeated to lose his title. There's lots of talk but the truth is JH couldn't finish him. If he would have put GSP to sleep there would be no questions, but to lose a UFC record title defense to a one point decision would be weak. Just my opinion tho.

Same scoring and adopted (unfortunately) from boxing. Good luck watching any combat sport and not being frustrated by the 10 point must system. It is retarded, in Pride the fight was scored in its entirety, shit like this could not happen although Pride was pretty corrupt, that's another story.

We've seen this shit through the Olympics and into pro boxing and MMA. Boxing is filled with horrific results, MMA is no different.

Any time judges are involved you are going to get fucked up results that will make some people unhappy. Hendricks squeezed out a victory over Koscheck by a nut hair, many thought Hendricks lost that fight. Don't lose sleep over it, these guys will get paid well to do it all over again in 6 months.

Same scoring and adopted (unfortunately) from boxing. Good luck watching any combat sport and not being frustrated by the 10 point must system.

Also Nevada judges are "instructed" not to score 10-10 rounds AFAIK, although the rules allow this :eusa_wall:

Plus apparently his old manager Shari Spencer is suing him for millions

Plus his cousin is in a coma from a car accident.

• 4 weeks later...

I think Silva takes it again...he's a superior fighter, he just needs to keep cool and focused, dominate with the kicks and striking at a distance, and not clown around this time. I would not be surprised to see a 3rd or 4th round KO.

Extended preview:

I think Silva takes it again...he's a superior fighter, he just needs to keep cool and focused, dominate with the kicks and striking at a distance, and not clown around this time. I would not be surprised to see a 3rd or 4th round KO.

Extended preview:

I hope not

Behind the scenes footage during the Weidman vs. Silva I fight. Lots of corner talk and audience reaction.

Edit: Mike Goldberg's face after the KO lol. Good comment from Weidman to Silva after the fight.

I think silva COULD win but he's getting old. He's slowed since the sonnen fights hence fighting off the cage more. Weidman is slower and predictable but only if silva can use lateral movement. My gut says wld silva quits after the fight. I'm guessing weidman but pulling for silva. And Barnett.

I think silva COULD win but he's getting old. He's slowed since the sonnen fights hence fighting off the cage more. Weidman is slower and predictable but only if silva can use lateral movement. My gut says wld silva quits after the fight. I'm guessing weidman but pulling for silva. And Barnett.

I also think Weidman beats Silva into retirement.

I also think Weidman beats Silva into retirement.

I just hope Silva is there to fight for his legacy, but afraid he just shows up to collect his last paycheck.

I just hope Silva is there to fight for his legacy, but afraid he just shows up to collect his last paycheck.

Are they showing the fight in Norway? I looked on Viasat and didn't see it anywhere.