Friend is missing in Italy!

Gilligan740

horrible to hear the girl was found dead

i hope who is responsible for this could live the rest of his life in jail (and i do not give a damn of the conditions of italian prisons some people here seems to be much worried about...)

I was wondering the same thing, but I think the timelines dont add up.... It sounds like this happened BEFORE knox was released...

guys, i doubt it was someone that wanted to kill an american girl because Amanda Knox is free

much more likely a rape or something related

i honestly do not know if Knox or his boyfriend were innocent or guilty as anyone here, the issue is that italian justice sistem is ridicolous

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

guys, i doubt it was someone that wanted to kill an american girl because Amanda Knox is free

much more likely a rape or something related

i honestly do not know if Knox or his boyfriend were innocent or guilty as anyone here, the issue is that italian justice sistem is ridicolous

And also, it would have taken a more than a passing glance to see if she was american, especially in that part of Italy. In the north it is not Uncommon to see Blonde, Fair skinned women. And also if she was out for a run, and a car passing by saw her, she could have been German, Australian (Quite a few here), Scandinavian, etc. If she was truly struck by a car, I would have lean on the side of coincidence. And Like RD said, the estimated time of death was prior to the Knox release.

Italian justice system sucks and Italian Politic sucks two times, but is very unprobable there is any relationship between Allison street death and Amanda Knox case.

Probably a drug addicted or drunck driver.

ciao

I really think that has nothing to do in the case of Amanda, unfortunately here in Italy of cases of hit-and-feel almost every day, and I think it's the fault of the Italian justice system that does not work, unfortunately I am sorry to say, but Italy does not work nothing ......

Italian people drives completely crazy, they don't respect NOTHING. :eusa_think: I am sure this was also the case here.

And the driving has been becomming worse and worse in Italy the last years.... :rant:

I will agree with this. When i first moved here, I was amazed at the driving, especially here in Napoli. But I have gotten used to it. When I go back to the US, people ask how the driving is here? I tell them:

Stop Lights, Stop Signs, Road Lines are all just decoration. Sidewalks are a place drive, passing on the opposite side of the road is acceptable. If you happen across a street light that is functioning and you have the green light, it means pay more attention, because you may THINK you have the right of way, but don't expect it. If a street says do not enter, eh, whatever. When you get in your car, expect to be tailgated and tailgate everyone, or you will not get anywhere. An inch of road that is left unused by you, is an inch of road someone else WILL try and use. If a cop is going slower than you want to go, flash your headlights and pass him. Do not buy a car that you like, to drive in the city.

But on the plus sides, what seems like complete chaos at first glance, actually works. The streets are smaller but traffic USUALLY moves, sometimes slow but it moves. That is more than I can say for the 405 freeway that is easily double or triple the size of an Italian Highway. People generally get out of the way if they are going slower than you on the highway, there is no passing on the right because some asshat decided it was a good idea to go 40 in the fast lane. If someone doesn't realize they are going slower than you (Cops included) you flash your headlights and they move.

Over all its a very chaotic system, but it seems to work. This has been my experience in the last 10 months. Pedestrians are definitely not given the right of way, sometimes not even acknowledged as I believe the case to be here.

I will agree with this. When i first moved here, I was amazed at the driving, especially here in Napoli. But I have gotten used to it. When I go back to the US, people ask how the driving is here? I tell them:

Stop Lights, Stop Signs, Road Lines are all just decoration. Sidewalks are a place drive, passing on the opposite side of the road is acceptable. If you happen across a street light that is functioning and you have the green light, it means pay more attention, because you may THINK you have the right of way, but don't expect it. If a street says do not enter, eh, whatever. When you get in your car, expect to be tailgated and tailgate everyone, or you will not get anywhere. An inch of road that is left unused by you, is an inch of road someone else WILL try and use. If a cop is going slower than you want to go, flash your headlights and pass him. Do not buy a car that you like, to drive in the city.

But on the plus sides, what seems like complete chaos at first glance, actually works. The streets are smaller but traffic USUALLY moves, sometimes slow but it moves. That is more than I can say for the 405 freeway that is easily double or triple the size of an Italian Highway. People generally get out of the way if they are going slower than you on the highway, there is no passing on the right because some asshat decided it was a good idea to go 40 in the fast lane. If someone doesn't realize they are going slower than you (Cops included) you flash your headlights and they move.

Over all its a very chaotic system, but it seems to work. This has been my experience in the last 10 months. Pedestrians are definitely not given the right of way, sometimes not even acknowledged as I believe the case to be here.

The system in Italy does NOT work. The drive waaaayyyy tooo close to your car and have no respect. Especially when you have nice cars and not are Italian. They are so jealous nowadays. Before it was not like this.

The system in Italy does NOT work. The drive waaaayyyy tooo close to your car and have no respect. Especially when you have nice cars and not are Italian. They are so jealous nowadays. Before it was not like this.

That was why I included the statement " Do not buy a car you like, to drive in the city". There are very few cars, especially here in naples, that do not have any dents or scratches. I couldn't even imagine owning a nice car here, and I am not talking lamborghini, I am talking an AUDI or Mercedes or anything that is nice.

When I say it "works" I mean that traffic continues to move, in Southern California, you have a lot of rules and some people follow them and some people don't, but traffic is almost always present and isn't moving. My experience here in Italy is that even though there is a lack of respect for the laws, the traffic is generally moving at a good pace. I agree there is no respect for a car or personal property or Personal space.

RIP...thats tragic....i hate hit and run...my car was parked at an empty carpark at the nearby park yesterday night...when i got back..there was a huge scratch and dent on my front side door...FUUUUUU...someone tried to park next to me..reversed into my car and drove off...im pissed! nobody around saw what happened..hope all hit and run scumbags go to prison..

the autopsy on the body says it was a car accidend while the girl was doing a runwalk (jogging). This is the family lawyer attorney opinion too. The girl weared Iphone headphones. Police thinks she crossed the road without hearing the car approaching due to the headphones. A low body car is searched by the police. A witness says he heard a car that violently braked and then spinning at full throttle: may be the car was escaping after hitting the girl.

This above is just what i read here from the online news.

ciao

they catched the car driver that killed the girl: he went by himself at the police office.

Very sad, RIP.

Driver was probably under the influence of something while driving... Falling asleep sounds like a very bad excuse, otherwise you would have stopped and waited for help.

At least the police have their man. It won't bring the young lady back but it is better than having the person responsible never be caught. Very sad all around.

Very sad, RIP.

Driver was probably under the influence of something while driving... Falling asleep sounds like a very bad excuse, otherwise you would have stopped and waited for help.

:iamwithstupid:

Glad they have the bastard. Hopefully Italy has stiff punishment for someone leaving the scene of a fatal accident.

Thanks guys. We held a beautiful candlelight vigil for Allison last night at our former high school. It was a difficult but important time for everyone. Her mother will be returning from Italy in the next day or two so this week will be another challenge as we attend the funeral.

Thanks guys. We held a beautiful candlelight vigil for Allison last night at our former high school. It was a difficult but important time for everyone. Her mother will be returning from Italy in the next day or two so this week will be another challenge as we attend the funeral.

RIP my friend.

I really really hope Italians learn at lest something from this....... :read: