Whay motor oil do you like in your Murci and why?

donzikid

Time for my oil change and cant decide ....

What do you guys like and why?

I am in Florida, but it is not HOT here this time of year.

i use royal purple 20W-50. no problems so far and i run my car pretty hard on the street. i don't think you will have any problems using any high quality fully synthetic oil and change it at the recommended interval.

Guest MOSS
I don't think you understand the "smiley"

Haha, guess not, thus the edit. I need to buy one of those smiley dictionary's and study up.

Guest MOSS
OP: Highly recommend that you read the BITOG University articles before taking for granted the "weight" reco's you see thrown around on the web.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/motor-oil-101/

That is a good article. I guess we could run 0/30 in these cars and get good service. It's a hard pill to swallow.

'Just finished an oil change with the Murcielago (in the back). Now going over the Ghost. I have used Renewable Lubricants Inc., and Red Line 0w-20 and 5W-20 for the last 8,000 miles or so in my wife's car. She likes the RLI the best because the engine has less mechanical noises running this 0W-20 grade oil. 'Now with 11,000 miles.

aehaas

insulation.jpg

Guest MOSS
'Just finished an oil change with the Murcielago (in the back). Now going over the Ghost. I have used Renewable Lubricants Inc., and Red Line 0w-20 and 5W-20 for the last 8,000 miles or so in my wife's car. She likes the RLI the best because the engine has less mechanical noises running this 0W-20 grade oil. 'Now with 11,000 miles.

aehaas

"She" meaning your wife or your car? My wife would not know the difference in mechanical noises if the engine had no oil in it.

She = the wife. Linda would notice if one tire had 5 lbs less air, can tell when I change the oil and is quick to point out any oddities of any kind.

aehaas

Guest MOSS
She = the wife. Linda would notice if one tire had 5 lbs less air, can tell when I change the oil and is quick to point out any oddities of any kind.

aehaas

Pretty impressive

• 2 years later...

Mobil1 for the cars, Rotella for the Diesels.

I also like to get my oil tested, as oils loose their effectiveness faster than others depending on the motor. Sometimes, as much as 80% of the oils lubricity is lost at 3K. Some of my cars get changed at 3K for this reason, some at 5 and some at 7500-depends on the oil.