For Geneva 2012

a007apl

I'm not have sure, but I'm believe in Geneva Motorshow Lamborghini will release the Sesto Elemento Special model for prodution (21 units).

And in Frankfurt the new V10 model, Gallardo no more....

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet, they are going to launch the sesto for the 100th time!

I can't wait. Should be groundbreaking, again.

Best

I was thinking about attending this for 2012. What are the best days to go since it spans like 10 days? Is it best to fly in and stay in Zurich or just stay planted in Geneva?

I was thinking about attending this for 2012. What are the best days to go since it spans like 10 days? Is it best to fly in and stay in Zurich or just stay planted in Geneva?

I've been to the Geneva motor show twice, and I'm planning on going in 2012 as well. Every time I was there I was in the first few days, it was crowded but if you go early morning you'll get to see everything you want, without much hassle.

Why would you want to stay in Zurich for the Geneva Motor Show? It's on the other side of the country I think there are 300-400 km between Zurich and Geneva. I've stayed in Geneva every time, and if you book a hotel in advance you won't have to pay the super crazy last minute rates. Two days are enough to visit the Motor show, the place where they stage it isn't as big as the one in Frankfurt where you have to walk 15 minutes between each exhibition hall. It's really compact and nicer for that reason imo.

Thank you ameer for the response. Flying into Zurich is a bit less hassle/stops/layover compared to Geneva for some odd reason from Colorado. Also lets me get a chance to explore the country a bit. I would spend 1 night in Zurich, head into Geneva for the show , spend a couple days and then head back to Zurich and then back home :)

Thank you ameer for the response. Flying into Zurich is a bit less hassle/stops/layover compared to Zurich for some odd reason from Colorado. Also lets me get a chance to explore the country a bit. I would spend 1 night in Zurich, head into Geneva for the show , spend a couple days and then head back to Zurich and then back home :)

Oh that sounds ok, thought you wanted to stay in Zurich and travel to Geneva each day to attend the show. Must be that I haven't had my coffee yet. Be sure to take the train from Zurich to Geneva, you will love it.

• 4 weeks later...
Is it too early for the Aventador sans roof?

A bit too early imo, though nothing is impossible. They will show something new even if it is another limited edition of some sort.

A bit too early imo, though nothing is impossible. They will show something new even if it is another limited edition of some sort.

...well, I've heard the rds will be released quite soon...

:eusa_shhh:

And in Frankfurt the new V10 model, Gallardo no more....

Frankfurt next year I guess, because it is a biannual show?

The Gallardo replacement is much further away than people think... :crybaby2:

Agree however on the LP700 Roadster for Geneva, everything we've seen/heard points that way.

Remember, deliveries on the LP700 were delayed by teething problems, not be scheduling. It only feels like the car JUST hit the market, but in terms of the official timeline from the factory last year most of the pre-order cars should have been in customer hands three months ago. That's why it seems like the Roadster intro is being rushed, when in actuality it's right on schedule.

The Roadster announcement in March with deliveries late-Summer looks like the right pace, depending upon when the factory takes their annual break and the lines are shuffled.

My factory source too says roadster will be there. I am going this year. Last year was awesome!

Details on how they will be keeping the weight gain to a minimum on the roadster version? spyder/ roadsters always seem to put on weight compared to their coupe variants. Will there be ANY weight gain?

Details on how they will be keeping the weight gain to a minimum on the roadster version? spyder/ roadsters always seem to put on weight compared to their coupe variants. Will there be ANY weight gain?

Of course there will be some weight gain, what do you expect?

Of course there will be some weight gain, what do you expect?

maybe not, the car is rigid enough because of the carbon fiber tub

I've been to the Geneva motor show twice, and I'm planning on going in 2012 as well. Every time I was there I was in the first few days, it was crowded but if you go early morning you'll get to see everything you want, without much hassle.

I've been twice too...

1st time: last days of the show, working days visit - crowd? what crowd? :icon_thumleft:

2nd time: fist days of the show, weekend visit - people EVERYWHERE :eusa_wall:

And yes - one day to see everything might be not enough. ;)

I've been twice too...

1st time: last days of the show, working days visit - crowd? what crowd? :icon_thumleft:

2nd time: fist days of the show, weekend visit - people EVERYWHERE :eusa_wall:

And yes - one day to see everything might be not enough. ;)

Two days are enough. unless you want to visit every obscure tuner stand or motor oil company from Thailand or whatever.

Anyways I liked the Geneva Motor show more than any other major European show I attended because everything was packed together, and it's just cool because all companies get about the same amount of space, it's a bit crowded but it's just cars and people, no room for fancy distractions. Switzerland keeps with being neutral, they don't favour certain brands over others. At the Frankfurt show Germans got an entire hall each while other companies were given less space and often there were between 2-4 brands in an exhibition hall. It was also a pain to move around, you had to walk like 10 minutes or more between them, I won't be going again.

I want to go to Geneva in march though I'm not sure if I will make it, it's too early to tell, I'll know next month if I'll go or not. It would be cool if other LP members are thinking of going we could have a Geneva LP meet talk cars and stuff.