Continental GT, now available with a V8

Nath4N

Cancelled your order then?

I passed on the VIP car that came in several weeks ago. It was supposed to be available to me like 2 months before ordered cars, but Bentley held it up once it got to the states for many weeks, so I decided not to get it.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the incentive to buy one of these? Price seems pretty up there still

They can cost almost the same if you thick a lot of the option boxes the incentive is the fuel you will be saving :icon_mrgreen:

They can cost almost the same if you thick a lot of the option boxes the incentive is the fuel you will be saving :icon_mrgreen:

Haha, I can't believe anyone who buys one of these really cares about fuel though. When I heard these were coming out, I was imagining something that would be closer to competing with an AM V8.

The V8 is just as good if not better than the V12, IMO they are trying to phase out the V12 in a gentle manner, if you look at both cars side by side you wouldn't buy the V12 over the V8.

I looked at the V12 as a family car, lovely car, beutiful fit and finish but I hated the way it drove, felt like a huge floaty boat, not my style at all, the dealer said the V8 felt sportier, I might test drive one when I get back.

Another issue with the V8 is they really limit your options/color choices (at least here in the US). Not cool, nor too good for business IMHO. The W12 is a pig, car needs a bigger gas tank. V8 would be been a great compromise if they just let it look like the W12.

They are around 20k less, but the main reason to get the V8 would be not having to fill up as much. Also its lighter, sportier, and has a different exhaust sound.

Another issue with the V8 is they really limit your options/color choices (at least here in the US). Not cool, nor too good for business IMHO. The W12 is a pig, car needs a bigger gas tank. V8 would be been a great compromise if they just let it look like the W12.

Colour choices are limited in Europe too, unless you pay the 2-3k extra for the 'colour specification pack' or something of this sort. I don't remember the name of the option exactly, but it removes all limitations to interior colours, trim, etc. I'm guessing there must be a similar option for the US as well. The only differences remaining are the bumpers and exhaust tips.

They are around 20k less, but the main reason to get the V8 would be not having to fill up as much. Also its lighter, sportier, and has a different exhaust sound.

I've just done a quick search for new demo cars, less than 200 km, the V8 was on par with the V12 @ around $460,000 +

The dealer warned me that if I were to select certain options it will come down to choosing the engine you want in the car because the price will be similar, base car prices are considerably cheaper for the V8 but the options are dearer.

Thank you for the mini review it stirred my curiosity enough to go an test drive the V8.