08 SL price check

wannalambo97

I agree Assman. Most of the LP members know exactly what a car is worth so why pay $5k more than you know you should. This is a perfect example. The person trying to buy the SL came back and made a second offer of $5k more than his initial offer where he told himself initially what the car was worth. That offer may still be $5k away from making a deal. Why would the buyer then in my eyes offer now $10k more than he thinks the car is worth to make the deal happen???

Porter...pls explain what the several reasons why are (that this is not stupid)?

I agree Assman. Most of the LP members know exactly what a car is worth so why pay $5k more than you know you should. This is a perfect example. The person trying to buy the SL came back and made a second offer of $5k more than his initial offer where he told himself initially what the car was worth. That offer may still be $5k away from making a deal. Why would the buyer then in my eyes offer now $10k more than he thinks the car is worth to make the deal happen???

Porter...pls explain what the several reasons why are (that this is not stupid)?

First, the grief of shopping. If shopping and grinding is your thing then it's fantastic to haggle over 5k. However if you've got the perfect vehicle in front of you that's exactly what you want but the tag is a optimistic, you need to be okay with walking and losing that car. For some, they want what they want.

Second, the time factor. Many people have much less time than money. Some folk can scour the internet for months and wax philosophical over what's fair or not. Others would rather direct energy towards working and being productive, making multiples of that 5k in the time not devoted to searching for the car.

Third, many people place a value of 0 on their free time. I know what I bill for 1 hour at work. IMO, to get an hour of mine outside of work is worth double or triple that. So to spend that time not having fun and working doesn't make sense. Now if you get fun from car shopping that's a different story. Some people hate it as much as shopping at a mall.

There's more reasons however all that said I also agree with Assman. Often when people's spending habits change they change permanently. I personally have gone from what's written above to very frugal. My point though is I understand why people pay a little more to get what they want.

If you're open to yellow, there is an 08 SL asking $140k at Lambo Palm Beach. Has higher miles if I recall correctly.

I had someone look at that car and we passed on it. I think they ended up selling it yesterday. I see its still on ebay though. They were going to sell that car to me for 131k.

Porter, I see your point of view and if it was 2006-2007 I would not lose the deal over $5k. BUT, in this economy and my business being slower because of it I can afford more time looking and negotiating - which I do like looking..."the Hunt" so to speak.

Porter, I see your point of view and if it was 2006-2007 I would not lose the deal over $5k. BUT, in this economy and my business being slower because of it I can afford more time looking and negotiating - which I do like looking..."the Hunt" so to speak.

I agree Charlie. I too will now grind it out with a dealer or walk... before not so much.

Nice Orange one at Lamborghini Sarasota. 9k miles. I think Fabio will happily sell his for your price. You should call him, I spoke to him yesterday.

Rouleur - how is it that an orange 08SL can be had for $140 out the door while other dealers/individuals list 07 cars (let alone non-SL 08 cars, which are more) for $138-$142k all day long? Is it the region? Are some cars there on consignment, thus the owner needing to get a certain amount to get out of the car?

I've been looking for a few months now pretty seriously and not only do I not have a car yet, but I'm consistently baffled by the wide range of prices for almost identical cars.

Rouleur - how is it that an orange 08SL can be had for $140 out the door while other dealers/individuals list 07 cars (let alone non-SL 08 cars, which are more) for $138-$142k all day long? Is it the region? Are some cars there on consignment, thus the owner needing to get a certain amount to get out of the car?

I've been looking for a few months now pretty seriously and not only do I not have a car yet, but I'm consistently baffled by the wide range of prices for almost identical cars.

Because most dealers are holding their cars waiting for the sucker to pay them near asking price so they can make 20k+ profit.

Because most dealers are holding their cars waiting for the sucker to pay them near asking price so they can make 20k+ profit.

And plenty of those people do exist. I know a few who were tickled pink they got 3k off and thought they had negotiated a good deal. We on this board are such a minority of actual buyers. I know another guy that bought an 07 blue spyder, egear, not in primo condition. He got it about 10-15k more than it was worth. No egear snapshot, no knowlegde about gallardo clutches etc. One day we were talking about cars and I mentioned the gallardo, 2 weeks later he shows up at my house in it. Another guy I told him I'd help him find a Gallardo, then 3 days later he went and paid 3k less than asking on an 07 balloon coupe from the Chicago dealer and was done. These kinds of buyers are who the dealers are waiting for not the knowledgable grind it out buyer.

It does make sense, the dealer does want to maximise profit though this serves to drive up prices.

And plenty of those people do exist. I know a few who were tickled pink they got 3k off and thought they had negotiated a good deal. We on this board are such a minority of actual buyers. I know another guy that bought an 07 blue spyder, egear, not in primo condition. He got it about 10-15k more than it was worth. No egear snapshot, no knowlegde about gallardo clutches etc. One day we were talking about cars and I mentioned the gallardo, 2 weeks later he shows up at my house in it. Another guy I told him I'd help him find a Gallardo, then 3 days later he went and paid 3k less than asking on an 07 balloon coupe from the Chicago dealer and was done. These kinds of buyers are who the dealers are waiting for not the knowledgable grind it out buyer.

It does make sense, the dealer does want to maximise profit though this serves to drive up prices.

:iamwithstupid:

Plus add in the fact that there are so few private sellers at this level for a host of good reasons (trade in on a hotter model, don't want to dick with all the tire-kicking/can't-get-financed assclowns, not willing to wait 6 months or more to get the sale done, etc, etc) and it makes for a frustrating experience for those of us who like to grind.

It's a riddle wrapped in a mystery! I saw the car, it looks really nice. I am sure he would give you a deal on it. Call him and see what you can work out. Not sure if an Orange car was what you were looking for though. Couldn't hurt.

• 3 weeks later...

08 grey with everything 8600 miles, the dealer was begging me to take it at 142k and i decided to go a different way

his number is 561-577-5557

again i have no affiliation just trying to pass along a deal