Screw the Hobbit (and Batman) This, I've been wating for since 1979

Hemlock

:icon_mrgreen:

:monkeyleft:

Absolutely hated everything that came after the very first one (well extended 2 and 3 were watchable) but this I've been long waiting for.

No Alien in it but set in the same universe.

Oh yes.

Another one for the 'great' list of 2012.

I wasn't around in 1979 but I'll take your word for it that I should watch :icon_mrgreen: looks good!

Me too. I am a huge Alien fan. Have shitloads of memorabilia. Ridley Scott--gotta be great. Kinda sad the mess they made with all the sequels.

:icon_mrgreen:

:monkeyleft:

Absolutely hated everything that came after the very first one (well extended 2 and 3 were watchable) but this I've been long waiting for.

No Alien in it but set in the same universe.

Is that the ship they find in the first one?

I have yet to see any of the Alien movies actually, I need to get them all and watch them. I would like a good sci-fi movie that takes place in space, but with modern special effects. Thus far we haven't had many (Avatar wasn't in space, so much as on a planet/moon). And also with a decent plot I hope. It would be awesome I think if someone could make a science-fiction or science-fantasy trilogy that had a decent plot and wasn't done in a corny manner, basically imagine Nolan directing a "Star Wars"-style space trilogy, but with the darkness and grittiness of his films.

As a side note, anybody ever notice how in all these spaceships, no matter how much damage the ship takes, its internal gravity system never stops functioning? :D

I have yet to see any of the Alien movies actually, I need to get them all and watch them.

The first two are classics.... The rest blow ass.

As a side note, anybody ever notice how in all these spaceships, no matter how much damage the ship takes, its internal gravity system never stops functioning?

Why would damage to the ship cause the internal gravity to stop working?

I only recently heard about this, but I am psyched! Blade Runner is my absolute favorite movie ever (Alien is awesome as well of course)- really looking forward to Ridley's return to sci-fi.

I would like a good sci-fi movie that takes place in space, but with modern special effects.

Watch "Moon". Not many special effects, but a great movie.

WTF how did this get under my Radar

OMG it looks awesome, Huge Alien fan, well actually only really like 1 & 2 the rest meh. Alien was the first Horror movie I was able to get into by myself without adult supervision lol I was messed up for months ha ha ha

can't wait