Rear wheel drive Murcielago

alecela

Whiteout, you had to lower the front suspension and get a new wheel alignment correct?

Here is what it currently looks like (took the shelf out of the boot too):

f878c685.jpg

Lowering the car in the next few weeks.

Nick

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

RWD is the BEST mod for the Murci.

The only thing that MUST be done, is turning off TCS when getting into the car. When TCS steps in on a RWD car, it can be dangerous for how much power it cuts.

Nick

Hi Nick

Would you elaborate on why you think the TCS on would be dangerous for a RWD set up? thanks mate

Murci TCS is an old system. If it senses wheel slip it cuts power, it doesn't reduce power to allow for some slip. Whichever wheel slips (right or left) cuts that bank of the engine's power.

IMO it's more dangerous with it on than disabled because it is so unpredictable of when TCS will completely cut power.

Murci TCS is an old system. If it senses wheel slip it cuts power, it doesn't reduce power to allow for some slip. Whichever wheel slips (right or left) cuts that bank of the engine's power.

IMO it's more dangerous with it on than disabled because it is so unpredictable of when TCS will completely cut power.

:iamwithstupid:

Knowing you both (well on here) I hope it wont hurt either of your feelings if I COMPLETELY dissagree with you. Maybe its just better in the later years (I doubt it) but you scared me with all that TCS is dangerous when on bs whiteout. I ran it ALL winter long, and its a complete lifesaver on cold tires...

Now during the sumer, the first two buttons I push on my egear are TCS off and Sport mode on.

Not sure, but my 2006 Murci with TCS on, is actually pretty damn good, especially with RWD. But for summer fun, I like smoking the tires, so I dont want it to kill power.

Knowing you both (well on here) I hope it wont hurt either of your feelings if I COMPLETELY dissagree with you. Maybe its just better in the later years (I doubt it) but you scared me with all that TCS is dangerous when on bs whiteout. I ran it ALL winter long, and its a complete lifesaver on cold tires...

Now during the sumer, the first two buttons I push on my egear are TCS off and Sport mode on.

Not sure, but my 2006 Murci with TCS on, is actually pretty damn good, especially with RWD. But for summer fun, I like smoking the tires, so I dont want it to kill power.

Its a better system in Egear cars.. or it's tuned differently anyways. My TCS systmen will de-rate power everytime i turn a corner. every little bump in the road, everytime i push the throttle even a little.. TCS interacts.. it seriously is more dangerous than good imo..

Its a better system in Egear cars.. or it's tuned differently anyways. My TCS systmen will de-rate power everytime i turn a corner. every little bump in the road, everytime i push the throttle even a little.. TCS interacts.. it seriously is more dangerous than good imo..

Yeah, that's definitely not how it works on the egear cars. I'm telling you when Whiteout was talking about how dangerous it was, I was thinking 'oh god, is this thing going to cause the car to lose control when it kicks in' and honestly its quite the opposite. anything other then warm grabby tires, and I'll leave it on until I can get the heat into them. Heck sometimes if I have to get going in a hurry at a light, I'll leave TCS on so I don't look like a rookie smoking the tires on rapid acceleration. But for the most part its a nice safety net when tires are cold. I remember that without it, you can romp my car in 3rd gear, and start going sideways so smoothly that you may not notice your actually drifting sideways. Its not all that safe of a situation if you don't know its occurring. The TCS again is there to help. And don't get me wrong, its definitely NOT that sophisticated of a system, compared to others like the GTR it does pretty much suck. But at no point have I ever seen a situation where it was dangerous to have it on, and most of the time, it provides far more good then bad (cold weather and cold tires).

They may have managed it differently in the egear cars, for example, and easy way to instantly get it to leave you once it intervenes, is to pop the next gear, and it instantly frees you from its clutches, and only will intervene a second or two later if your STILL slipping.

But again, in an egear car, the TCS is actually decent, and certainly is not dangerous. The intervening that yours is doing sounds far more aggressive then what's happening in my egear car. Curious, I am on oem wheels and tires, do you think it might be for you guys because you have aftermarket size wheels/tires? (Whiteout is possibly stock sizes, so I am just throwing this out there, incase you two are not).

Yeah, that's definitely not how it works on the egear cars. I'm telling you when Whiteout was talking about how dangerous it was, I was thinking 'oh god, is this thing going to cause the car to lose control when it kicks in' and honestly its quite the opposite. anything other then warm grabby tires, and I'll leave it on until I can get the heat into them. Heck sometimes if I have to get going in a hurry at a light, I'll leave TCS on so I don't look like a rookie smoking the tires on rapid acceleration. But for the most part its a nice safety net when tires are cold. I remember that without it, you can romp my car in 3rd gear, and start going sideways so smoothly that you may not notice your actually drifting sideways. Its not all that safe of a situation if you don't know its occurring. The TCS again is there to help. And don't get me wrong, its definitely NOT that sophisticated of a system, compared to others like the GTR it does pretty much suck. But at no point have I ever seen a situation where it was dangerous to have it on, and most of the time, it provides far more good then bad (cold weather and cold tires).

They may have managed it differently in the egear cars, for example, and easy way to instantly get it to leave you once it intervenes, is to pop the next gear, and it instantly frees you from its clutches, and only will intervene a second or two later if your STILL slipping.

But again, in an egear car, the TCS is actually decent, and certainly is not dangerous. The intervening that yours is doing sounds far more aggressive then what's happening in my egear car. Curious, I am on oem wheels and tires, do you think it might be for you guys because you have aftermarket size wheels/tires? (Whiteout is possibly stock sizes, so I am just throwing this out there, incase you two are not).

I have aftermarket wheels 19/20 setup with egear and I'm in the same boat with Jon. I have yet to turn off the TCS and feel very safe with it on. I hardly notice the TCS intervening, even in spirited drives. So perhaps this only pertains to egears and not 6spd.

In low gears with TCS on, 1/4 throttle is the max in a manual car and you better hope your not hitting any pot holes. In higher gears, ie highway speeds, the light will flash going over expansion joints.

I've pulled onto busy roads, given throttle to get up to speed and have had zero power. In that situation it's a rush to hit the TCS button and get back on the throttle so you're not rear-ended. Which is a very scary situation. And this isn't cutting out in a tight space, just normal day-to-day driving.

However, I am with Jon, when the car starts to kick the tail out, it can do so without even noticing it.

In freezing weather/snow wheelspin is . . . constant. You really have to be paying attention to the tires' amount of traction.

I'm stock wheels on p-zeros. Which are worse in cold conditions (and warm) than PS2.

It sounds like the programming for the e-gear car allows more slip before killing the engine vs. instant "on" for any slip in the manual cars. My guess is TCS would be set off every time the e-gear shifted in sport mode or manual mode and Lambo wanted to allow that slip.

It sounds like the programming for the e-gear car allows more slip before killing the engine vs. instant "on" for any slip in the manual cars. My guess is TCS would be set off every time the e-gear shifted in sport mode or manual mode and Lambo wanted to allow that slip.

Yep, cool fact we all learned, that the Egears got more aggressive TCS. I guess that's a check box in the favor of egear cars (don't worry, I still think I should have gone with Stick, but this is honestly the most fun you can have in a car without it being a stick. and my god when those gear changes happen in an egear under full throttle, you swear the differential or the clutch or transmission is going to be left somewhere behind you... its insane how grabby the clutch is and the egear release of it under hard acceleration... everything other then that, makes me want stick :) )

• 7 months later...

I know a place you can get parts...... from the cars that have not done well in RWD only.

1101268[/url]']

I know a place you can get parts...... from the cars that have not done well in RWD only.

There are far more AWD Murci's donating parts than 2WD.

I would assume most people willing to modify a Murci are somewhat accomplished drivers/enthusiasts as opposed to the showoff that belts down a 30mph road in front of some cafes

There are far more AWD Murci's donating parts than 2WD.

Exactly, and the AWD CRAP is much harder on the clutch, tranny, tires, and engine.

I dont understand why so many skeptics about a rwd murci. Its identical to an SV diablo amd everyone screams for one of those. The only difference is the gearing is taller in the 5 speed so it is a little easier to keep the power to the ground, but a rwd murcie is very easy to drive.

I dont understand why so many skeptics about a rwd murci. Its identical to an SV diablo amd everyone screams for one of those. The only difference is the gearing is taller in the 5 speed so it is a little easier to keep the power to the ground, but a rwd murcie is very easy to drive.

Exactly, guess some people are afraid of the change. It does make the car so much friendlier to drive...but maybe requires a bit more driving experience and skill.

This is a very good way to explain it. The 2WD Murci is basically a 2WD Diablo with more power and an extra gear.

Yeah, dont know why I'm being such a pussy about it. I think its just the fear or Lambos being so finicky, I always worry something else will break. But I guess Lambo just slapped a crude awd system on the RWD diablo...theres not much sophistication going on