Rear wheel drive Murcielago

alecela

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, going 2WD makes the car feel less fragile. I had ZERO concern for clutch life in 2WD and cannot say the same about AWD.

Ditttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

ooooooooooooo

And the 670SV air filters.

Just the air filters, or do they have a better intake? I don't know they would be better to buy then some of the reusable 'k&n' style high flow ones that are out for the murci. Just curious if there is anything more about the SV other then the air filters that makes it breath better from a 'air ducting' perspective.

The parts I saw are just the filter elements. They look like the sport oem filters for the Gallardo's..a yellow cotton. Yeah the Murci has an f'd intake design...they use four throttle boddies but cram two into the top of a relatively small airbox. I wonder tho if the increased suction creates greater air velocity and actually doesnt choke the engine??

• 2 months later...
You probable also get a small amount of ram air effect when traveling from the forward facing intakes behind the windows?

Has anybody near LA done this mod with an egear? I need to see what all the hype is about.

I wasn't able to find a person in the LA area with the RWD mod & egear. I would love to able to test it out, just like the others on this thread.

Has anybody near LA done this mod with an egear? I need to see what all the hype is about.

I don't remember off the top of my head if there are any e-gear 2WD cars in/around LA. If you're interested in the conversion, I can drive up and do the install.

I'd like to drive one too.

The characteristics are going to be very similar to your SV. I think the big differences between SV and Murci would be power-delivery (6 speed and bigger displacement) and lighter steering feel in Murci.

I don't remember off the top of my head if there are any e-gear 2WD cars in/around LA. If you're interested in the conversion, I can drive up and do the install.

The characteristics are going to be very similar to your SV. I think the big differences between SV and Murci would be power-delivery (6 speed and bigger displacement) and lighter steering feel in Murci.

Thats one thing I like much moreso in my Diablo, the steering feel... Just wonder if the security of 4wheel drive is worth giving up...

It is, the car is more neutral in 2WD where in 4WD it has a lot of understeer. Since the Murci is a big car and has tiny front tires, turn-in is still no 911 GT3. But it is good for a GT car.

Steering is going to be lighter than the SV/AWD Murci because of the power steering and no AWD binding. It's not very noticeable at speed, but at low speeds it's very noticeable.

I think my biggest concern with it is just having more of the 'wump wump' as many call it with egear where it hesitates more in RWD. If I had a manual I'd definitely be up to try it out but the egear seems like a different beast all together.

I think my biggest concern with it is just having more of the 'wump wump' as many call it with egear where it hesitates more in RWD. If I had a manual I'd definitely be up to try it out but the egear seems like a different beast all together.

Do it anyways. Unless you drive in the city 24-7.

It is, the car is more neutral in 2WD where in 4WD it has a lot of understeer. Since the Murci is a big car and has tiny front tires, turn-in is still no 911 GT3. But it is good for a GT car.

Steering is going to be lighter than the SV/AWD Murci because of the power steering and no AWD binding. It's not very noticeable at speed, but at low speeds it's very noticeable.

Sv has power steering..

Had RWD in the SV before the TTs and it's an even better mod if you have E-gear than with 6 speeds because you can not control the clutch with the E-gear. Shifting is so much smoother. There's no upside to AWD unless you drive in the snow and a ton of downsides. It's an easy reversal if you don't like it; it's not like some mods that aren't reversible. Try it, you'll never go back.

Sv has power steering..

I thought SV had a manual rack, good to know. I've never driven an SV, so maybe you can weigh in if the Murci's steering is heavier than the SV.

But going from AWD to 2WD makes the steering much lighter, in a good way.