WTF Diablo before pics.....

abolfaz

r u guys sure thats the same car?  If you look at the damaged Diablo -- the rear is missing the "Diablo" emblem.  The car (before damage) has the Diablo logo.  Did the logo fall off in the accident?  Taken off?  Or is it a different car?

Im guessing the logos (the front shield is gone too) may have been removed by somebody along the way... a suvenir of sorts...

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are a list of the things that go missing when a car is at a salvage auction or a tow hard after a wreck:

1- Floor mats (WHY?)

2- Owners manuals

3- All kinds of knobs

4- If its a highline car, emblems

5- Face on detachable face radios

6- The radios all together

7- Computers (all the time)

8- Airbags (all the time)

9- Headlights.

10-Tools

Besies that diablo badge it looks like the same car...

That ebay seller... is this diablo a one time thing with him, or does he deal a lot of lamborghini stuff?

I'll have answers to alot of those questions when I get the car, it is being shipped from Baton Rouge to Montana in about a week. Someone stole all the center panel switch panels, and several of the emblems, etc. It does run and surprizingly the clutch and transmission seem to work. A couple different people have center sections that I may use. To say the very least, it should be an interesting project. If anyone has any of the following parts laying around their back yard and want to sell or otherwise part with them, I am going to try to give this thing life again, next time as a candy/radiance red

1. Both doors

2. All glass

3. A/C control panel

4. Light panel

5. Clock

6. Radio/CD player

7. Steering wheel

8. Winshield frame and roof

9. Front bumper

Well that ought to get me started, will keep you posted

Dave :mrgreen:

post-1776-1116486270.jpg

post-1776-1116486271.jpg

post-1776-1116486272.jpg

post-1776-1116486273.jpg

UpDate 2!-----I still don't have the car, it is supposed to be loaded and on it's way north in a couple days, will give you the "real scoop" when it gets here. I think what happened to it sitting in the salvage yard was pretty grim, several of the emblems were taken, as were all the center control panels. Stay tuned :roll:

UpDate 2!-----I still don't have the car, it is supposed to be loaded and on it's way north in a couple days, will give you the "real scoop" when it gets here. I think what happened to it sitting in the salvage yard was pretty grim, several of the emblems were taken, as were all the center control panels. Stay tuned :roll:

You should keep an eye on that guy's ebay activity. Make sure he isn't the one who swiped them parts and going try selling them later.

• 4 months later...

Udate from the Owner, Only need a drivers door now. Car is actually drivable the way it was shown in e-bay. [NO ENGINE LIGHTS!!!!AMAZING] surprisingly also the body is square. The wheels and suspension are fine. Going to start the frame work in about a week. Took a bunch of bucks to relace all the AC, and console instuments, but found them new for a song. Will show progress here at different stsges. Right now I am working on a 6.0 with Front end damage.

Need lt rear brake housing

windshield

Lower contriol arms

one front wheel

Have a great week

Dave

406-781-6551

Udate from the Owner, Only need a drivers door now. Car is actually drivable the way it was shown in e-bay.

Sounds like you scored!

The black diablo i think is a car that was smashed in West Palm Beach up against a concrete pole. A young guy who lived on Clematis drove the car and im sad to say he died in the crash. The papers said it was a black roadster but this has got to be the car.

The black diablo i think is a car that was smashed in West Palm Beach up against a concrete pole. A young guy who lived on Clematis drove the car and im sad to say he died in the crash. The papers said it was a black roadster but this has got to be the car.

You got it. When I saw the car you could clearly see the imprint from the concrete pole on the drivers door, as well as the guys hair, teeth, blood, etc all over the interior. :vom: I have seen a lot of wrecked cars, but I never saw anything as disgusting as the human remains in that car. :vom: :vom:

What was strange though is that usually when cars have that much human matter on them they are labeled "BIOHAZARD" all over the car, I don't know why this car wasn't taged that way.

That yellow diablo was from texas, what killed that car was that it had around 40k+ miles on it! It took one hell of a hit for the roof to buckle!

I wonder what the hell he did to leave that diablo in those conditions!

Im confused the car in this post isnt the same black Diablo as in the orginal post is it?

I'll have answers to alot of those questions when I get the car, it is being shipped from Baton Rouge to Montana in about a week. Someone stole all the center panel switch panels, and several of the emblems, etc. It does run and surprizingly the clutch and transmission seem to work. A couple different people have center sections that I may use. To say the very least, it should be an interesting project. If anyone has any of the following parts laying around their back yard and want to sell or otherwise part with them, I am going to try to give this thing life again, next time as a candy/radiance red

1. Both doors

2. All glass

3. A/C control panel

4. Light panel

5. Clock

6. Radio/CD player

7. Steering wheel

8. Winshield frame and roof

9. Front bumper

Well that ought to get me started, will keep you posted

Dave :mrgreen:

One of the things your going to find out about repairing a damaged lambo is that you can't pull the frame like a unibody car. The best you can do is cut out the damaged sections and replace them with new. The only issue is that the tubing that the lambo chassis is built of is Metric, I've only been able to get it from one source in the US and its expensive as hell!

:shock: Sounds like you have one heck of a project on your hands! More power to you if you can bring her back to life! :) Be sure to post pics of the progress along the way!

Just a quick update on both Diablos here. First I need to say that the guy I bought the black one from is probably one of the nicest and most honest people around. All the heat he has taken here is just that, "Hot air"

Thanks to you folks with the encouragement, that's what I think this forum should be more about than Garbage. So far I have seen one correct comment on here, the Black one did hit a one foot square pillar of some kind, probably cement. As to the blood and guts, I would have to see a picture, because there are no stains and not one trace of blood anywhere inside that car. Just for my own interests I went over it with a fine tooth comb. I can't believe anyone would go to the length to clean something that well, that was such a mess. Second correct point, sorry, if there is death or even blood I do understand it is classed as a "bio hazard"

Now to the yellow 6.0, It does have 43k, but "kilometers". Surprizingly the front tires are only back about 1 cm. Both doors work great and gaps are correct. The dents are from the idiots that hauled it, ran a strap right across the middle and tightened it down. You all have a great day

Dave

As to the blood and guts, I would have to see a picture, because there are no stains and not one trace of blood anywhere inside that car.

Don't you think if they went through the trouble of pulling the car and hammering it back into shape that they wouldn't clean it as well? For whatever its worth I can furnish you with the name and phone # of the guy who shampoed the interior of that car. I saw it first hand.

As far as garbage being posted on this site, keep in mind that the garbage posted on this site is what turned you on to the fact that your car was not what was being represented and that it was a lot more than ""Go to the hardware store and buy some tubular steel and weld it back in" as your seller stated. BTW have you checked http://www.lambo-power.com/phpBB2/viewtopi...=wtf+murcielago ?

Regardless, good luck with the projects.

Thanks for good luck Abo, We are going to do a Luminol job on it. I'm though beating this to death, but how they could have cleaned that car of just blood and leave everything from sandwitches, to tipped over pop and broken Cd's just doesn't fit, will report luminol with pictures.

Know all about the murcie, he drives it work and took it on the run, was right behind the murcie wreck and fire. I Just don't see him as the bad guy some people are reporting. He sold me a car for $33,000 that I have a guy begging me to sell for $65, including the 10 grand in parts I bought.