Any Dynos of TT SVs?

D.Wiggs

Unless i'm being silly here.......and although needless to say this is one TALL order...aren't the facts as follows (although not necessarily a possibility in this case...? Time will tell):

1.) The ongoing issue / discussion has been as to whether the V12 engine (car as a whole in fact) can sustain these levels of modification...not as to whether they are achievable for a short time ?

2.) Points one & two from Allan above have / are already being achieved in Lambo G's by UGR etc...

So, is not entirely possible that, despite the fact it may well destroy itself after not too long if stressed regularly, that a heavily modded SV can deliver a.) similar figures to existing heavily modded G's & b.) as much if not more power / torque. Other aspects being that weights are similar (in this case), as are the drag coefficients ?

However......as a retained loaded street car / retained factory intended SV + mods....8's aren't going to happen. IMHO.

Very good points and, as you say, only time will tell.

The only advantage to a G over any of the stock V12 Lambos was the closed deck-lid. It gave you the ability to stuff more into the engine with less work. The bottom line is, ceteris peribus, a 6.5L V12 will always be superior to a 5.2L V10 when it comes to making and putting down power.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

' 6.5L V12 will always be superior to a 5.2L V10 when it comes to making and putting down power '

Agreed, but sustainability will be an issue as the 6.5L V12 is not from the same era as the 5.2L V10....and this is the crux.

And if i'm wrong then it's time for a 1350HP CT.... :icon_mrgreen:

' 6.5L V12 will always be superior to a 5.2L V10 when it comes to making and putting down power '

Agreed, but sustainability will be an issue as the 6.5L V12 is not from the same era as the 5.2L V10....and this is the crux.

And if i'm wrong then it's time for a 1350HP CT.... :icon_mrgreen:

LOL!! Would love to see that!

I agree you cannot leave the motor stock; however, you CAN modify said V12 to be even more 'robust' than the newer 5.2L V10. I wouldn't say you can just dump X pounds of boost into both stock motors and expect the V12 to last like the V10. It's all in the modifications!

The G is a WORLDS better platform than the M. M is OLD tech, the transmission... SUCKS , the frame, the suspension is all old. The G V10 was an all new design, made by Audi, the V12 was made by an italian two sheets to the wind. Not even going to go into the transmission, chassis, suspension etc..

Then you have the fact that it has taken YEARS of development to get the Gallardos to the level they are at. On top of that I dont care what anyone says... A GTT built to the specs that allow for those performance records will be in the shop more than on the street ie.. Moscow Unlimited. Call UGR, and tell them you want to built a 1700whp GTT, and then tell them you want to dragrace it. See if their warranty, or ANYONES will cover it.

Both of these cars are built well enough to handle some power, the Murci less so then the Gallardo. I think a 1000whp Gallardo you are good to go.. Murci several hundred hp less.

The G is a WORLDS better platform than the M. M is OLD tech, the transmission... SUCKS , the frame, the suspension is all old. The G V10 was an all new design, made by Audi, the V12 was made by an italian two sheets to the wind. Not even going to go into the transmission, chassis, suspension etc..

Then you have the fact that it has taken YEARS of development to get the Gallardos to the level they are at. On top of that I dont care what anyone says... A GTT built to the specs that allow for those performance records will be in the shop more than on the street ie.. Moscow Unlimited. Call UGR, and tell them you want to built a 1700whp GTT, and then tell them you want to dragrace it. See if their warranty, or ANYONES will cover it.

Both of these cars are built well enough to handle some power, the Murci less so then the Gallardo. I think a 1000whp Gallardo you are good to go.. Murci several hundred hp less.

:iamwithstupid:

And this is why I love this build. :icon_thumleft:

Isn't the SV sweet enough as it is ??

That about of mods is crazy talk....on a Lambo. IMHO>

sweet, but never sweet enough! :)

I think the Russian's lack of reliability have a lot to do with their unfamiliarity with launching high hp Gallardos and roll on techniques. The run after run after run without cool down no doubt also takes its toll. I wish you all the luck D. Wiggs

I think the Russian's lack of reliability have a lot to do with their unfamiliarity with launching high hp Gallardos and roll on techniques. The run after run after run without cool down no doubt also takes its toll. I wish you all the luck D. Wiggs

:icon_thumleft:

I dont think soo...

• 2 months later...

after reading this whole thread. I guess i just dont understand. You said you have been doing 5 1/2 years worth of R&D but with a 2010 car? And it sounds like most of what you are saying will be different from UGR lambos or any other supercars out there is that the aero is going to be giving you the cutting edge and traction. I know aero helps at higher speeds but when your talking 60-130 and 1/4 mile it isnt going to help you much at all.

im not talking crap on your build or anything cause this is more then i have ever dreamed of doing. Just curious thats all.

All i can say at this point is good luck and cant wait to see if your dreams come true.

Would be interested in the dyno numbers now that it's finished.

Where did he say it was finished? Last update was the engine was having a lot more work done on it then they planned at the start.

8 1/2 weeks is up :P

That was up 3 months ago.. But they decided to go with an upgraded alternator belt so thats going to take an additional 4 months..

That was up 3 months ago.. But they decided to go with an upgraded alternator belt so thats going to take an additional 4 months..

22 months; it's coming from NASA and is subsidized by the gov't.

• 5 months later...