The fantastic public school system in South Florida

pockmark

Just to show you how bad the state funding has gotten in Florida for schooling. This school is 3 years old, brand new as far as schools go, but all public schools now have very limited funding. Look at how filthy it is!

The horror! The horror!

Looks like a regular classroom floor on a rainy day. Big deal. There is no more dirt or germs on that classroom floor than there is outside on the street people walk on 365 days a year. It's not like they're classrooms are full of garbage, compost, and dead animals. Could it be cleaner? Yes. Would I be concerned that the bottoms of my kids shoes are touching the dirty floor? Not anymore than I would be about them having class outside on a sunny day.

This is nasty, definitely needs to be cleaned.

It's funny how Brian thinks this situation is do-able, reminds me of your matress LOL!!!

The horror! The horror!

Looks like a regular classroom floor on a rainy day. Big deal. There is no more dirt or germs on that classroom floor than there is outside on the street people walk on 365 days a year. It's not like they're classrooms are full of garbage, compost, and dead animals. Could it be cleaner? Yes. Would I be concerned that the bottoms of my kids shoes are touching the dirty floor? Not anymore than I would be about them having class outside on a sunny day.

I agree to an extent (that the parent is somewhat crazy), but as a parent, I wouldn't be happy. Oh and that is every day-not just on

a rainy day.I would expect the classrooms to be about as clean as my house is, which obviously that is not the case.

This video is undoubtedly taken by a Venezuelan parent who likely had maids growing up as labor is cheap in South America.

The area where this school is is predominantly South American families (80% Venezuelan)

What's up with Venezuelans?

Anyway, it looks normal to me too. A day full of kids with dirty shoes isn't far from impossible and besides things like this normally happens. Usually at the end of the day they'll clean it, or someone will.

What's even worse from the classroom shown is a teacher is in there everyday and they wouldn't bring a mop from home and clean it themselves since the district isn't! Maybe the REAL problem is the teacher(s).

Would any of you have a classroom, office or home that looked like that? I guess the teachers just say "That's not my job to clean the floor".

pathetic.

What's even worse from the classroom shown is a teacher is in there everyday and they wouldn't bring a mop from home and clean it themselves since the district isn't! Maybe the REAL problem is the teacher(s).

Would any of you have a classroom, office or home that looked like that? I guess the teachers just say "That's not my job to clean the floor".

pathetic.

I agree.

A mop is what $5. Soap another $3-$4. I presume, however, that since most of the custodians are union, they would have a fit if they saw a teacher cleaning their own room. I also presume a teacher may get in deep shit if not fired if he or she attempts to mop their own floor, slips and gets injured, and then has to claim workers compensation.

Stupid litigious society we live in these days.

The public school system is horrible here... I've already acknowledged that if I have kids (I'm definitely staying here. Kids are the question) that I will be putting them through private school the full way. The problem is that private middle / high school tuition runs upwards of $20k/ kid / yr down here :icon_oak:

We had a similar situation here years ago during budget cut backs. But instead of taking it to "you fcuking tube" we went out, bought mops and buckets and cleaned the school on the weekends.

Volunteer or quit yer bitchin'

We had a similar situation here years ago during budget cut backs. But instead of taking it to "you fcuking tube" we went out, bought mops and buckets and cleaned the school on the weekends.

Volunteer or quit yer bitchin'

What the video says is the principal will not allow volunteering from parents...

I also believe the parents are not allowed into this particular school. They have to wait for their kids in a "lobby" area.

I do however believe if they allowed "volunteers" at this particular school that the parents would send their housekeepers

so it does not interfere with their spinning classes, or nail appointments. :lol2:

Abe Lincoln went to school in a dirt floored log cabin...

Im just sayin'.