Teaser pic of the new baby-Cayenne

Nath4N

Official teaser of the new Prosche Macan - competitor to BMW X3, Audi Q5 and Range Rover Evoque. Production will probably start next year.

Expected engines - a 3.0 liter diesel engine producing 240bhp and 550Nm, a 2.0 liter TFSI, a supercharged 3.0 liter petrol engine producing 333bhp.

post-11539-1329409666.jpg

I'd buy one for the wifey. (Assuming it looks like a baby Cayenne and is similar to this rendering)

Illustrations always look 10x better than the actual sheet metal, but this could be a huge seller for them because that segment of the market is woefully lacking in style/performance options.

I can't see anyone choosing the Audi or BMW crossovers with this and the Evoque on the market...

Illustrations always look 10x better than the actual sheet metal, but this could be a huge seller for them because that segment of the market is woefully lacking in style/performance options.

I can't see anyone choosing the Audi or BMW crossovers with this and the Evoque on the market...

I went Q5 over Evoque already as I mentioned in one of the other threads. The one thing to note here though will be that it's guaranteed to be like the Cayenne is for the other competitors...it'll be much sportier, faster and probably all around more agile, but it will probably be that much more expensive in the end as well.

I went Q5 over Evoque already as I mentioned in one of the other threads. The one thing to note here though will be that it's guaranteed to be like the Cayenne is for the other competitors...it'll be much sportier, faster and probably all around more agile, but it will probably be that much more expensive in the end as well.

1 of 100 doesn't make it a trend... :icon_thumleft:

But I do agree that price of this small Porsche is the big variable. I would bet the 240hp version won't be more than the topline Evoque, say around $55-60k, while the supercharged version will be somewhere higher depending upon what their sales targets are.

But hey, it's Porsche, the base MSRP of the car will likely be tens of thousands of dollars less than what the actual price of the car will be with just a FEW options on it... :icon_mrgreen:

• 2 weeks later...
That looks like the original Cayenne 958 render

You are right. Someone pointed that out on another forum. The renders are almost identical.

I guess Porsche is lazy not only when it comes to design the new 911 :D

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I like the Evoque and the Cayanne much much more.

That being said this will sell in serious numbers. Bring on the new CGT!!!!!

• 2 months later...