LP700 vs MP4-12C

Perdition

Ya, but add 15K to the MP4 and.....(but i understand your point being that the GTR is sooo much cheaper)

I think the MP4 is and will be the GTR of the supercars. The MP4 is punching above it's weight class stock, and I think SPE will be able to make it extremely fast as they have done with the GTR. Give SPE some time with their MP4 and that $15k will have the Aventador seeing taillights quickly. I am looking forward to SPE GTR vs SPE MP4 races and SPE MP4 vs UGR Aventadors/Gallardos.

As I said, it could be as easily explained as which car has a passenger and which one does not. I believe the Aventador is the faster car, especially up top, but a MP4-12C could probably hang within a car up to 140 or 150 mph

Blah, blah, blah.....same shit over and over. Who the hell cares which is sooooooooo much faster. Go into the real world on real roads and its all driver dependent. And, it's apples and oranges with these two cars. And the orange costs DOUBLE the Mc12.

What stands out to me, is that most Mclaren owners seem to be very happy with their purchase and there seems to be an inordinate amount of Aventador owners pawning them off very, very quickly.

MP fax machine is fast but the aventador driven right is faster 90% of the time.

Sad but the mp4 is faster in everyway.... i was gona lye to you guys and say the lp700 rules but i was so shocked about the out come i had to tell the truth..

Ya, but I don't think suspension settings and/or shift speed is gonna make a difference of 2 bus lengths.

I am still confused why there is such a difference between the two videos. Hopefully the owner can chime in.

The reason why the other mp4 did badly is 1st its a turbo car with a small engine, you have to know how to ask it for power, also sounds like it was in automatic mode where exhaust is closed down a bite.

Sad but the mp4 is faster in everyway.... i was gona lye to you guys and say the lp700 rules but i was so shocked about the out come i had to tell the truth..

Shock of the decade right there....Interesting.

It looks like the Aventador was about to catch up upon shut down in your vids, but the way I see it is who cares if the car can't catch you by 140/150. Wouldn't want to go any faster than that anyways.

Very interesting....and nice cars, Nutcase..=)

Oh, and I may have to trade the 560 on the MP4.. :icon_mrgreen: I am not caring for this single clutch business at all especially experiencing the GTR first..=(

Blah, blah, blah.....same shit over and over. Who the hell cares which is sooooooooo much faster. Go into the real world on real roads and its all driver dependent. And, it's apples and oranges with these two cars. And the orange costs DOUBLE the Mc12.

What stands out to me, is that most Mclaren owners seem to be very happy with their purchase and there seems to be an inordinate amount of Aventador owners pawning them off very, very quickly.

here in my country the difference between the mp4 and lp700 ( both of them with decent options ) is no more than 60k $

I do feel the Aventadors video in here are not in the right gear and has the mp4 jumping the start a few times. Regardless mp4 is no doubt a fast car though I still think Aventador is slightly faster.

But thats the magic with turbos. Especially small oem turbos. They have no lag and turn up the boost by a few psi, the mp4 in this case, and there goes the Aventador.

Anyone who owns a GTR knows the difference of running 1st generation GTR that runs 13.5 stock psi that can be easily tune with COBBS canned map that raises it to 18 psi. 13.5psi GTR vs 18psi GTR (both stock with boost difference), it aint even pretty.

So no doubt as a platform for tuning, mp4 is going to bring hell. Heck unlike the gallardo, this car's engine is even built for TT from start!

Hmmm... still love my EMO LP700 though.

The MP4 is spinning its tires and the Aventador isn't gaining even an inch? How does this make sense, especially when the Aventador stays right there with the Mclaren the rest of the race?

• 2 months later...
Blah, blah, blah.....same shit over and over. Who the hell cares which is sooooooooo much faster. Go into the real world on real roads and its all driver dependent.

YES!

you fail to note that one car sells for 20-25% instant profit with low miles while the other sells for under sticker / no profit used. That is the real factor for most of the people who unloaded their 700's quickly. 20-25% profit in 1-2 weeks is a great return.

They are both great cars. But if the Aventador sells high over sticker, many people will sell them. That goes for all exotic cars. There were a lot of 458's out there for a premium when there was a premium market.

I could care less how much people are selling Aventadors for. The fact is they are selling, it isn't good enough for them (I'm a huge Aventador fan, don't get me wrong). Whereas the opposite is true for MP4-12C owners right now. They're getting coddled with updates and retrofits.

YES!

you fail to note that one car sells for 20-25% instant profit with low miles while the other sells for under sticker / no profit used. That is the real factor for most of the people who unloaded their 700's quickly. 20-25% profit in 1-2 weeks is a great return.

They are both great cars. But if the Aventador sells high over sticker, many people will sell them. That goes for all exotic cars. There were a lot of 458's out there for a premium when there was a premium market.

That's why they are still sitting in Florida with asking prices of around 539k! :) I could care less if the MP4 can or can't stay with an Aventador, pull both into a cars and coffee on a Saturday morning, and watch the MP4 get ignored, and moved to the Mitsubishi section.

Now if they allow customers to add the Hi Sport front nose, and fenders, might be a different story.

They still can't even get the Meridian sound system to work, yet the cars are still rolling off the assembly lines.

There are 4 MP4's or more for sale in the U.S. There will be more.

I would still add headers, straight pipes, Novitec exhaust and Tune to a 458 all day. Would be interesting to see the results then.

That's why they are still sitting in Florida with asking prices of around 539k! :)

I have seen two disappear in the past week from sites in FL alone. Oh, maybe you didn't notice the options are constantly changing if you read the fine print.... they are different cars. The cars are selling / moving cars. Pay closer attention. People who hsve sold Aventadors are 99.9% of the time doing it for the quick profit. They usually are not enthusiasts or are people who generally change up cars quick. Usually Ferrari guys who buy first, drive a few miles and sell, make a few bucks, then on to the next one. Most cars for sale have no driver mileage. Owners got it to sell knowing there would be demand.

I could care less if the MP4 can or can't stay with an Aventador,

Me too. They are both crazy fast for stock cars. Its all about how they feel when you drive them and how they look.

There are more than that. And new MP4-12C's can be had under sticker. An amazing car for what you can get it for. I hear they are offering very enticing deals

That's why they are still sitting in Florida with asking prices of around 539k! :) I could care less if the MP4 can or can't stay with an Aventador, pull both into a cars and coffee on a Saturday morning, and watch the MP4 get ignored, and moved to the Mitsubishi section.

Now if they allow customers to add the Hi Sport front nose, and fenders, might be a different story.

They still can't even get the Meridian sound system to work, yet the cars are still rolling off the assembly lines.

I would still add headers, straight pipes, Novitec exhaust and Tune to a 458 all day. Would be interesting to see the results then.

I haven't seen any MP4-12C's ignored. Actually people flock to them. The update coming this October fixes everything and more. And early owners will be lucky to have the upgrades at no cost to them.

With just ecu flash and hi flow cats, a McLaren will be at 685+ hp. Even with all that stuff you suggested, a F458 would get wasted. I'm not sure what results you're suggesting. A modded F458 vs a stock Mclaren? Or are you comparing the 458 with the Aventador? With no cats, the McLaren will make even more power. Add aftermarket headers, there is so much performance potential for the McLaren

You cannot compare NA vs Turbo in terms of modification performance. Increasing the flow and then turning up the boost is just so easy

This is what a stock 12c does to a 458.

And this McLaren will get another 24 hp by October from the factory.

Could care less?

I'm just a Moderator, yes I'm only a Moderator, and I'm living here on Moderator hill. :)

Both cars were introduced before they should have been do to the market.

Both have some good size flaws and are getting upgrades on the fly.

Who the fcuk cares if one is .15 seconds faster ect. We have gone over this stupid shit time after time. Doesn't make a damn bit of difference in the real world.