Rear wheel spacers for Roadster

andecorp

I've searched high and low and I can't find spacers anywhere. Can anyone help?

And before I hear the regurgited arguments about not to use spacers, I've seen mathematical calculations on another forum and the extra stress placed is absolutely negligible. This is further emphasised by the fact that Ferrari and Lotus have fitted from factory rear spacers on a number of their high/er performance models.

I've searched high and low and I can't find spacers anywhere. Can anyone help?

And before I hear the regurgited arguments about not to use spacers, I've seen mathematical calculations on another forum and the extra stress placed is absolutely negligible. This is further emphasised by the fact that Ferrari and Lotus have fitted from factory rear spacers on a number of their high/er performance models.

IIRC, the bolt pattern is very close to 5x4.75 and that should work.

Look on eBay and you should be able to find something from H&R with different sizes.

IIRC, the bolt pattern is very close to 5x4.75 and that should work.

Look on eBay and you should be able to find something from H&R with different sizes.

Thank you.

Looking for ones like these?

Any, as long as they are quality. Size wise, I am looking for the largest that fits without the tires rubbing the guards at all.

• 1 month later...
Any, as long as they are quality. Size wise, I am looking for the largest that fits without the tires rubbing the guards at all.

On 98 / 99 Roadsters IMO use 15mm max. Best trade off between optics, mechanical stress and road performance.

Your best bet is going to be a custom spacer. I've seen people make them in a variety of ways including machining down used brake rotors but I would just find a reputable company to build some for you.

If you do end up going that route then consider new lug bolts/hardware as well.

I haven't used these guys before but they look legit? http://www.motorsport-tech.com/

• 3 weeks later...

I got the guys in Germany that made my Esprit spacers to make me some. They made a few more sets and listed them on Ebay too.

Arrived today:

post-1512-1337332916_thumb.jpg

No, the adapters bolt directly to the hub with the countersunk bolts shown. then the stock lugblots thread directly into the adapters.

I got the guys in Germany that made my Esprit spacers to make me some. They made a few more sets and listed them on Ebay too.

Arrived today:

Have you tried them on, yet? It'll be awesome to see if you can post some pics of the car after the install.

Have you tried them on, yet? It'll be awesome to see if you can post some pics of the car after the install.

Car is getting a full respray. It should be ready in the last week of June.. OR ELSE!!!!!!!! :tyson:

I'll put them on then.

• 1 month later...

25mm on the rear:

post-1512-1342443860_thumb.jpg

Nice! I notice the car has VIC plates, I thought you were based in WA.

Both. My whole work life is in VIC. Kids/wife in WA, where I am every weekend.

Both. My whole work life is in VIC. Kids/wife in WA, where I am every weekend.

wow, every weekend? that's a heck of a commute. Anyway, the roadster is looking good :icon_thumleft: