What are you drinking tonight?

Dr. Noisewater

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had beer tonight which is very rare for me :shock: But now I'm sitting at home and drinking some Grey Goose, straight up with a lime and one icecube, after seeing the UFC live = good saturday brothers! :eusa_dance: :turboalex:

BTW--Yesterday during some pool day drinking I started chasing my Don Julio Tequila shots with pineapple juice. The pine cuts the brutality of the tequila nicely.

Give it a go and see what you think. Its a better option then chasing with OJ

Oj's a killer lol

I have read that it's grey goose just bottled generic which would make it a killer deal.

Only $24, picked up 2 bottles, thanks! Gonna give it a shot. Literally.

This weekend we made 'fourmosas' -- which is an Orange Four Loko with a bit of orange juice.

Only for high class rollers. :)

I believe I coined the term, at least -- I had never heard it.

post-19671-1334588290_thumb.jpg

I have read that it's grey goose just bottled generic which would make it a killer deal.

In my opinion grey goose is pretty crappy vodka, and you just pay for the branding and marketing. So this sounds right to me (just isn't a deal by any means)

In my opinion grey goose is pretty crappy vodka, and you just pay for the branding and marketing. So this sounds right to me (just isn't a deal by any means)

There's an article floating on the webz somewhere where Goose and Patron are mostly the work of a marketing maven and not much else.

I didn't believe it at first but a lot of people choose brands of alcohol simply to impress others. As long as that holds true, it will always be possible for overrated product to dominate the marketplace.

I'm sure it must be annoying to those who really know their liquors, cordials, and champagnes.

I'm surprised what a big following ipa's have. I can't stand hoppy beers. I'm into dark beer anyway. There's a perfect nut brown ale that mammoth brewing company makes. :homer Simpson: agggghhhhh.

I agree with you, Raj. Can't get into most IPAs, but I think the Brooklyn Lager IPA is pretty good.

578491_653013913556_83503321_31938374_1675469752_n.jpg

My building has a bar on the top floor for residents.... So really mixed it up tonight.

They make it too easy when all I have to do is get in the elevator to get a drink.

Awesome!

Now one of our resident ballers in the cribs thread needs to take that bar and put it in his house!

There's an article floating on the webz somewhere where Goose and Patron are mostly the work of a marketing maven and not much else.

I didn't believe it at first but a lot of people choose brands of alcohol simply to impress others. As long as that holds true, it will always be possible for overrated product to dominate the marketplace.

I'm sure it must be annoying to those who really know their liquors, cordials, and champagnes.

Its funny you mention patron, because I hate that stuff but love Don Julio (for example). Just never have been a big tequila drinker so have never thought I was in a position to say anything

A few comments:

1. Toasted Almonds are great - 1/2 ounce Kahlua, 1/2 ounce Disaronno Amaretto, 2 ounces of Bailey's, on the rocks....shake/roll. Nobody I've made it for has ever not loved it. It's more of a relaxing drink, sweet....good for after meals and chillin. Can be made with milk instead of Baileys but don't like it as much as with Amaretto.

2. Captain Morgan Private Stock is the s***! I know some of you will mention some French or Caribbean rums that are the "greatest of all time!", but I think this deserves its due. Of the commercial rums, nothing comes close IMO. Never thought of rum as a sipping drink until I drank this. Bonus points for it being one of the old school product placement in rap lyrics:

"Smokin weed in Bambu, sippin on Private Stock" :icon_thumleft:

3. Since I used to bartend, I tend to care a lot about cordials used in mixed drinks -- Triple Sec, lime juice, sour mix. These things can make a difference. For triple sec, a nice upgrade is Cointreau. Patron makes Citronge which is pretty good too. Grand Marnier is great too but pricey for this type of use only and perhaps too strong a flavor for some drinks.

Rose's lime juice is typically the go to standard in most bars. One thing I've noticed can make a big difference is just using crushed limes for lime juice. Seems like a big deal, but you'd be surprised how little you need per drink (I think one lime will suffice per drink). Difference is night & day in taste, plus you get the pulp which is a nice aesthetic (and taste) touch.

I first tasted it at one bar (Gin Gimlet) and immediately passed it around the table, and even chicks were liking it. Chicks don't like gin drinks. :lol2:

4. Looking for an upgrade/recipe for sour mix.

Also looking to learn what is actually in a Hurricane mix.

If anyone knows, would love to hear it!

Its funny you mention patron, because I hate that stuff but love Don Julio (for example). Just never have been a big tequila drinker so have never thought I was in a position to say anything

Haha, glad I'm not alone.

I can't say that I hate it, as much as I get annoyed when I buy a less expensive tequila recommended to me by a native Mexican, only to have some jerkoff tell me "it ain't Patron homey". :eusa_wall:

• 2 months later...

I envy anyone who lives in San Diego!

Just opened a pint of Green Flash Brewing Co. Imperial IPA...WOW ...would love to have this on tap! I don't drink much, but drink beer when I do..this beer is excellent. One of the best I've had.

Haha, glad I'm not alone.

I can't say that I hate it, as much as I get annoyed when I buy a less expensive tequila recommended to me by a native Mexican, only to have some jerkoff tell me "it ain't Patron homey". :eusa_wall:

Patron Platinum is actually killer stuff, but $200 a bottle. That is the ORIGINAL patron, IMO.

There is a good anejo tequila made by a company..1921 I believe (the company)...during my drinking days I remember it being very, very good. Try it sometime!