What are you drinking tonight?

Dr. Noisewater

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Usually I'm a scotch drinker only. Recently though I've been drinking Jameson on the rocks.

Be careful with that Jameson.

I have had some interesting nights with it, and one of them is one of the 4 or 5 times I have thrown up from drinking.

I also get to be an aggressive drunk when drinking it too for some reason.

Usually I'm a scotch drinker only. Recently though I've been drinking Jameson on the rocks.

:iamwithstupid:

Usually Scotch here as well. But ever since visiting the KY distilleries like Maker's Mark and Jim Beam, I've added them to my cabinet. Bourbon wasn't my favorite but it's nice every now and then (especially Maker's).

Lots of good drinks in this thread. I'm going to try a few of them.

Where can I find the Dogfish Head Ale 90 IPA?

Go to www.dogfish.com and there is something at the bottom right called "Fish Finder".

You can type in your postal code and it will tell you where the closest places are to you.

The 60 IPA is really good too.

:iamwithstupid:

Usually Scotch here as well. But ever since visiting the KY distilleries like Maker's Mark and Jim Beam, I've added them to my cabinet. Bourbon wasn't my favorite but it's nice every now and then (especially Maker's).

Bourbon is my hard alcohol of choice, usually with a splash of sprite/7up. Maker's is the goto, but I do like 4 roses, Knob Creek, Woodford Reserve and Occasionally Makers 46 on the rocks. Usually though it's beer. Dog Fish Head makes a few good ones, Around December time I usually stock up on a 6-10 Samichlaus Ales (Austrian Beer that is brewed for 1 day, Dec 7, and then barrelled for a year before bottling and sale) more like a cognac than beer, very easy to drink, 14% abv.

RyanB, we have similar tastes in Bourbon and beer. There are a couple of Beligian style doubles and triples which I like to drink, at 8-12% They are just so smooth, you really have to sip them.

Here's a mixed drink you guys should try sometime...

Shot of Captain Morgan spiced rum, shot of Malibu Coconut rum, a good dose of Pepsi (I prefer it over coke in this one) all on the rocks. Add a little more of the Malibu than Captain for a sweeter taste. Very tropical flavor, will make you want to head to the beach.

I call it the "Nutty Captain."

There are a couple of Beligian style doubles and triples which I like to drink, at 8-12% They are just so smooth, you really have to sip them.

Same here, with Chimay being one of my favorites. I enjoy Orval as well but it's also tough to get up here.

RyanB, we have similar tastes in Bourbon and beer. There are a couple of Beligian style doubles and triples which I like to drink, at 8-12% They are just so smooth, you really have to sip them.

Here's a mixed drink you guys should try sometime...

Shot of Captain Morgan spiced rum, shot of Malibu Coconut rum, a good dose of Pepsi (I prefer it over coke in this one) all on the rocks. Add a little more of the Malibu than Captain for a sweeter taste. Very tropical flavor, will make you want to head to the beach.

If you get a girl to drink it and then she spills in on her face it'll be a Captain's nut all over her face.

If you get a girl to drink it and then she spills in on her face it'll be a Captain's nut all over her face.

Whoawhoawhoa, I have done what now?

Dogfish Head Ale 90 IPA at the moment.

My friend recently bought a case of Dogfish Head 120 minute IPA... Long story short, the cashier must have been new because they aren't supposed to sell an entire case because it's rare and most stores don't even get the 120 minute IPA because they only make a few batches a year.. cheapest I've seen it is $8 for one 12oz.

Check it out...

Get her to drink enough of it and she'll let you put anything you like on her face. emot-quagmire.gif

My friend recently bought a case of Dogfish Head 120 minute IPA... Long story short, the cashier must have been new because they aren't supposed to sell an entire case because it's rare and most stores don't even get the 120 minute IPA because they only make a few batches a year.. cheapest I've seen it is $8 for one 12oz.

Check it out...

I have been wanting to try the 120 IPA but they don't sell any Dogfish Head up here in Canada.

So I can only get it when I travel to the US, and then it's a crap shoot whether they have it where I happen to be. I have yet to find the 120 whenever I have been there.

Nitely a couple glasses of merlot with dinner....many coors lights to follow.All good!

T i t a n IPA from Great Divide Brewing Company tonight, with some pretty decent smoked brisket.

(Who the hell is ######?)

Is Great Divide Brewing company from the US? If so, I probably can't get that either up here.

I can get Tree Brewing Company double IPA (Kelowna, BC), that and Chimay have been my go to beer whenever I run out of Dogfish Head ale.

While i do enjoy the 120min IPA from time to time, the 90min is a much better, more balanced beer IMO. 120 min has too much of that face-melting hop quality to me.

Cherry Coke :)

Gonna try this. Nice twist on rum 'n coke! Sounds like the perfect "boating" drink :)

Thanks!

Gonna try this. Nice twist on rum 'n coke! Sounds like the perfect "boating" drink :)

Thanks!

It's dangerously good and you taste no alcohol lol.