Performante Weight

DBK

Get the heck outta here. Lol, you are comparing a 630 whp Ford GT to a stock F430? Seriously. Compared to the POS, 630 whp, vs 638 bhp, wonder why you won each race. OMG.

What is your average 0-60, 0-100, and 1/4 mile time?

If you feel so strongly about completely unfair and unequal drag race comparisons, well, read between the lines.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

the point of the video was to show you what F430's really run instead of searching the net for 'magazine' times..... that F430 had exhaust work, mid 12's.... my SUV is quicker....

Get the heck outta here. Lol, you are comparing a 630 whp Ford GT to a stock F430? Seriously. Compared to the POS, 630 whp, vs 638 bhp, wonder why you won each race. OMG.

What is your average 0-60, 0-100, and 1/4 mile time?

If you feel so strongly about completely unfair and unequal drag race comparisons, well, read between the lines.

the point of the video was to show you what F430's really run instead of searching the net for 'magazine' times..... that F430 had exhaust work, mid 12's.... my SUV is quicker....

Because you have one video of an F430 running 12's, you think that is the best the car can do, lol. My 360 Spider runs low 12's at over 112 mph.

For a 670 SV, one test did 10.8 at 130, the other 11.2 at close to 130. So what do you feel a fair time for thar car is?

My stock RX-7 does 13.9 at 100 mph. I guess that is not realistic either because most knucklehead owners have no clue how to drive?

Watched the video again, did not see any times.

Again, after owning both cars, and accelerating on the same stretch of freeway, my Scuderia always had a higher speed in the same distance, hence my statement that I feel the Performante is not as fast. The shifting is slower, the car is way heavier, easy conclusion. Then I post the best times magazine test drivers have ever done, and all hell brakes loose.

I you don't own both cars, or have never owned either, you have no business even commenting.

There still to this day has not been any test on a Performante by any performance magazine. Only the SL 570 coupe.

are you aware that 'magazines' correct their times?

I've seen 10 or so F430's run at the drag strip, none of them in the 11's.....

again, if you're so adamant about your F430's performance, then just run it..... post up the timeslip/video of your 360 spider running low 12's (yes, your car not your favorite magazine)

Because you have one video of an F430 running 12's, you think that is the best the car can do, lol. My 360 Spider runs low 12's at over 112 mph.

For a 670 SV, one test did 10.8 at 130, the other 11.2 at close to 130. So what do you feel a fair time for thar car is?

My stock RX-7 does 13.9 at 100 mph. I guess that is not realistic either because most knucklehead owners have no clue how to drive?

Watched the video again, did not see any times.

Again, after owning both cars, and accelerating on the same stretch of freeway, my Scuderia always had a higher speed in the same distance, hence my statement that I feel the Performante is not as fast. The shifting is slower, the car is way heavier, easy conclusion. Then I post the best times magazine test drivers have ever done, and all hell brakes loose.

I you don't own both cars, or have never owned either, you have no business even commenting.

There still to this day has not been any test on a Performante by any performance magazine. Only the SL 570 coupe.

Watched the video again, did not see any times

The 430 ran 12.63@117. 60 ft was 2.1, so the car probably had another .2-.3 in it. Either way, not very fast.

GT ran 11.3.

The 430 ran 12.63@117. 60 ft was 2.1, so the car probably had another .2-.3 in it. Either way, not very fast.

GT ran 11.3.

Ok, so let's try it this way, with regards to your Ford GT, when it was completely stock, how quick did it run, compared to the average magazine time?

Magazines "correct" their times? What, they round them up or down to the closest 10th? I have seen tons of videos, with a VBOX in the cars showing actual runs? Are these fake too?

12.6 is a 355 1/4 mile time. Sounds like the F430 driver had a poorly performing car, bad tires, or horrible skills.

If you know F430Gt on FCHAT, ask him to produce some of his times for his Scuderia. He has dragged it plenty. I can email him on Monday if you want.

Ok, so let's try it this way, with regards to your Ford GT, when it was completely stock, how quick did it run, compared to the average magazine time?

Magazines "correct" their times? What, they round them up or down to the closest 10th? I have seen tons of videos, with a VBOX in the cars showing actual runs? Are these fake too?

12.6 is a 355 1/4 mile time. Sounds like the F430 driver had a poorly performing car, bad tires, or horrible skills.

If you know F430Gt on FCHAT, ask him to produce some of his times for his Scuderia. He has dragged it plenty. I can email him on Monday if you want.

I think you're confusing me and FikseGTS. That wasn't my GT. I just know the times because I saw this video from another angle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3M6M0sNJMHg...;feature=relmfu

And for the record, yes, magazines do correct their times. It's not rounding up or down. They use a mathematical calculation to account for density altitude and they also account for 1 foot roll out. This always makes the times faster. It's not uncommon for cars to pick up .2-.3 and 3-4 mph in magazines for what they actually ran vs. what they "would have run" using correction.

12.6 is a 355 time? HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

A 355 couldnt go 12.6 if it were pushed by a ZR1.... On my pLaystation my old 355, which I modded with headers, exhaust and intake went 13.4..... @ 105mph.... :lol2: :lol2:

And a 360 Spider... going low 12's @112.... :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

And if anyone doubts my serious testing skills..

Now that is cool, but come on, you can't afford a Wii? ;)

Well, good article. Too bad Ferrari doesn't treat customer cars to the same level of treatment before they roll off the assembly line.

Here is my Scuderia, the stretch of road up to 120, 1/2 throttle in first, then full power ip to 120. My Performante hit 100 in the same stretch:

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F...h?v=VvfRUYqhKDo

That's about 13 seconds, with passenger, uphill grade, without launch and without full power in 1st applied, or fully warm tires.

Now that is cool, but come on, you can't afford a Wii? ;)

Who made that rack for you, your handiwork? Very cool with the lighs. Is that every video game system ever made?

Well, good article. Too bad Ferrari doesn't treat customer cars to the same level of treatment before they roll off the assembly line.

Here is my Scuderia, the stretch of road up to 120, 1/2 throttle in first, then full power ip to 120. My Performante hit 100 in the same stretch:

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F...h?v=VvfRUYqhKDo

That's about 13 seconds, with passenger, uphill grade, without launch and without full power in 1st applied, or fully warm tires.

Looool you are a joke :lol2:

Looool you are a joke :lol2:

No respect for your elders huh. Don't call us next time Iraq invades there big man.

No respect for your elders huh. Don't call us next time Iraq invades there big man.

i respect my elders, but sorry i don't respect stupid people that believe everything they read in magazines :icon_mrgreen:

For that last Iraqi comment we need a face palm picture but you know everyone posts a Star Trek one so can anyone find one that is different.

Thanks in advance.

For that last Iraqi comment we need a face palm picture but you know everyone posts a Star Trek one so can anyone find one that is different.

Thanks in advance.

How's a double?

double_facepalm_tng.jpg

And if that's no good...

3bcf4274_n79020_facepalm2028house29.jpg

i respect my elders, but sorry i don't respect stupid people that believe everything they read in magazines :icon_mrgreen:

Now it's all out war there bud. Is that the Lemmon Balboni in your profile? Did your Mommy buy that Gallardo for you? Probably came from funds you forgot to pay the USA back on from showing Iraq how to use the reverse button on their tanks.

Now it's all out war there bud. Is that the Lemmon Balboni in your profile? Did your Mommy buy that Gallardo for you? Probably came from funds you forgot to pay the USA back on from showing Iraq how to use the reverse button on their tanks.

Read that back, say it out loud. Let me know if you think it sounds little bit, well actually massively pathetic and I can edit it for you.

If you think it is ok then well, there is going to be a problem.

Read that back, say it out loud. Let me know if you think it sounds little bit, well actually massively pathetic and I can edit it for you.

If you think it is ok then well, there is going to be a problem.

You are allowing punk little kids to come on this site and use that kind of tone? I am done with this thread, pointless to continue.