Found a MP4-12C for sale now.

RaginBull

i don't think the car is as difficult to find as most of us thought it would be. i just came from the MCL dealer here and they had 3 different cars to sell. although one was their demonstrator with 200 miles, a preowned one for 400 miles and a brand new one but currently undergoing negotiation. i finally saw the car in the flesh and got to drive it. i will say that i am happy and impressed with the car.... although really it is not jaw dropping.

surprisingly, i found the car good looking in darker colors as well. they had fire black and graphite gray. it truly is better looking in person than in pictures. still the look is understated. simple but effective. and the same goes with the interior, spartan.

the drive is excellent. good outward vision, comfortable ride, agile feeling, responsive steering, very strong mid range and super smooth shifts are its strong points. still it's not a car that evokes a lot of emotion when you drive it. it's more like an expensive everyday supercar that can take you to your destination quickly, comfortably and in an understated fashion... but to those that know, you have a supercar in your hands.

would i take it over the 458.... i haven't driven a 458 but rode in it.... and i sure would.... maybe just because i'm not really a big fan of the prancing horse.

I asked how they were selling and the sales manager said "quite well". He said so far about 40 have been delivered in the U.S.

That's a very low estimate - the Beverly Hills dealer alone has delivered at least that many and I am sure the story is true of most of the 10 dealers in North America by now. I wouldn't be surprised if there were between 400-500 12Cs in North American garages today.

That blue is my favorite color. You are correct to mention that some people were not pleased with the delay - initially US cars were due around mid-2011. Cars started to arrive in mid-December due to factory delays, and none of them are complete yet as the IRIS integrated navigation/bluetooth/etc is not yet finished. McLaren's initial supplier was wiped out by the Fukushima earthquake/tsunami/nuclear disaster in Japan and then a subsequent supplier in North America could not deliver on what was being asked. McLaren have now pulled development of it back in-house at McLaren Electronics. It is due as a free upgrade to all the cars sometime in the 3rd quarter of this year now.

>8^)

ER

That's a very low estimate - the Beverly Hills dealer alone has delivered at least that many and I am sure the story is true of most of the 10 dealers in North America by now. I wouldn't be surprised if there were between 400-500 12Cs in North American garages today.

>8^)

ER

They emailed me yesterday telling me:

"Dear Assman, I am emailing to see if you still have interest in the McLaren. I might have some cancellations available depending on the color you are looking for.

Please let me as soon as you can.

Kind Regards

Mark Haynes | McLaren General Sales Manager

The Auto Gallery

9022 Wilshire Blvd

Beverly Hills, California 90211

Direct 818-914-2028 | Fax 818-914-2019

Cell 310 749-3133"

Plenty of MP4s available to buy in the US, there is no conceiveable debate about that.

LNB alone has a bunch of them that I see running up and down PCH on test drives frequently, the same cars, still available. (Nice white one with gunmetal wheels by the way, saw it Saturday, looks great).

This is a volume car, there SHOULD be plenty of them available, and there are.

If anything the MP4 is a great performance deal considering their low-ish MSRP, but in the US the name "McLaren" is only known to enthusiasts like L-Power members, and enthusiasts unfortunatley only make up between 5-10% of exotic car sales as a whole (and that's being generous).

The other 90%+ of cars in this class are bought by status-obsessed new money who never exceed the speed limit on the way to "the club", brand whores, and the usual clowns.

It will take some time for the brand to become known/recognized as a prestige brand over here. :icon_thumleft:

The other 90%+ of cars in this class are bought by status-obsessed new money who never exceed the speed limit on the way to "the club", brand whores, and the usual clowns.

And for those guys, McLaren put in these things!

post-19592-1337113075_thumb.jpg

:icon_mrgreen:

And for those guys, McLaren put in these things!

:icon_mrgreen:

So true. :lol2:

Without "doors", the SLS and MP4 would have sold half as well as they are, if not even less.

The Gallardo only gets away with it because the flagship has them, and the overall look of the G to normal people is so outrageous that the doors aren't a necessity for "poppin'" arrivals at "the club". :icon_mrgreen:

So true. :lol2:

Without "doors", the SLS and MP4 would have sold half as well as they are, if not even less.

The Gallardo only gets away with it because the flagship has them, and the overall look of the G to normal people is so outrageous that the doors aren't a necessity for "poppin'" arrivals at "the club". :icon_mrgreen:

this pic never gets old :D (unlike the guy on the left)

143658d1321568341-wth-lambo-doors-lambo-doors-so-played-out.jpg

Full spec car was 205k new purchased for 155k GBP by a dealer. 1600 miles on it. Dealer sold it for 190k.

In other news, due to the bar in the roof and my Gorilla like frame I cannot fit in a 458 comfortably.

They are just sitting on UK third party forecourts so he wanted rid of it as values are heading one way... He went for a 458 spider order.

Christmas time they were attracting premiums but not now which is a shame really as they are good car and at 155 they are stonking value.

It's a sexy car. But it doesn't give me a exotic or out of this world feeling.

Good to know.

im a bit on the fence also... but then again, I felt the same way with the F1 before... Thats just it with Mclaren... not like the wowzer but the "hey i like it... then wait a few years... I really like it" styling...