Any ZR1 owners?

Mattyrae

Jag didn't quite step out of their reliability issues until Ford stepped in, and their desirability I'm not sure is any higher than Caddy at this point in time.

I see the new XJ about once or twice a year...same for the XK.

America is at a disadvantage for not many mid-engined "exotic" cars in their history. They simply never made anything to compete with the big boys save the GT40.

They also never made a super elite luxury car. This is definitely skewing this discussion. :icon_mrgreen:

1961_jaguar_e-type-pic-68685713636314662

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shelby-427-Cobra-1966-2.png

Your move

He will say it's originally a British car.

Then you will say it only became mega popular until it got an American V8.

My Chevy experience...

Here is my recent Chevy experience...

During and oil change found this....

...Chevy said to bring the car in and they'll fix it.

Funny_Oil.jpg

First off, no politics. Golden rule of LP.

Secondly there is no anti-American bias as a country. Far from it. Just the cars. Huge chasm of difference. Where are you getting that from?

Thirdly, you have to make a desirable product in order to gain ownership experience.

Ok, so what do you own, drive? Profile show you are from the UK, so I can certainly unstand your bias. Europe gets most of the cool cars that the US never gets to see.

Hang on, are you saying that is better than a F1 or more desirable than a E type convertible?

E-types are cool for sure, but a real 427??

Gotta go with the 427 every time.

As for the F1, that car was aimed square at Ferrari.

Here is my recent Chevy experience...

During and oil change found this....

...Chevy said to bring the car in and they'll fix it.

Stock car or modified? Big difference. Hilarious video though. Have tons of friends, real and Internet with ZO6's, and all have had very good experiences and reliability.

Stock car or modified? Big difference. Hilarious video though. Have tons of friends, real and Internet with ZO6's, and all have had very good experiences and reliability.

Totally stock. Car now needs a new motor on Chevy's arm.

Oh indeed we have turned out some dross and you have been lucky in that some has not hit your shores, be thankful for that. But people hanker over a Jag or an Aston or the much lauded pinnacle of motoring perfection, the McLaren F1.

Your move.

I was going to list the Cobra but doesn't it have a British chassis.?

Iam not going to get in a pissing match with you but here are a couple of great American cars..Nothing recent mind you..Cord and Dusenburg..

Car in video bone stock..

Hang on, are you saying that is better than a F1 or more desirable than a E type convertible?

I'm not going to compare a Cobra to an F1. That was directed to the E type. The E type is good looking car, but I think the Cobra is slightly cooler (to an American like me). I also realized that the Cobra was originally British so here's this:

coupe2.jpg

E-types are cool for sure, but a real 427??

Gotta go with the 427 every time.

As for the F1, that car was aimed square at Ferrari.

Have you been drinking again?

Engine ate some valves. Boom!

Sorry about your troubles, at least it is under warranty. So you get a new car, or that car fixed?

Ok, so what do you own, drive? Profile show you are from the UK, so I can certainly unstand your bias. Europe gets most of the cool cars that the US never gets to see.

Are you a young entertainment executive?

Reliability of Z's have been said to be pretty good from what I have read. Maybe a few bad apples on here.

I know Sprite, Turbo50Mike, and AJ had issues, but I have heard the reliability is relatively good.

Horror stories can be found in any Marque.

Now the only thingwith the ZR-1 I have heard was they put the rotors on wrong on a few cars, and they are directional rotors. Kane mentioned that at some point on here.

I would imagine the 2010+ Zr-1 would not have that issue, but I could be wrong.

I have seen quite a few vipers with engine issues, but some people swear by them. Overheating seems to be a very common issue. I love the look, but not sure if I would want to deal with that. Maybe the 2008+ cars are better?

The vipers I have driven have all been fast, but they get very hot in the cabin.

Engine ate some valves. Boom!

Sucks man. Have you been tracking it, or just daily driving?

Petroleum Distributor.

Well there you have it, you and American cars have something in common albeit American cars usually distribute petroleum on the front driveway.

Are you a young entertainment executive?

No.... That would be me.... Although I guess Im not getting any fcuking younger am I??? And guys like this are giving me more grey hairs than I need.... All I've got left is my hair.... And thats where I draw the motherfucking line.

So.... The shampoo is here. And as anybody who can read a government required label knows, when you lather, rinse and repeat, the dirt goes right down the fcuking drain.

I've already read a couple of posts that SHOULD have had you out on your ass.... I know why you weren't bumped... You have your own thread in the Moderators forum... And I disagree with the (temporary) decision to keep you....But.... you've got my fcuking attention.

You're way too interested in playing "Who's got the longest dick"... You're on the wrong forum for that game. There are guys on here (and you've talked shit to several of them) who have dicks longer than your motherfucking leg.... But they have too much fcuking class to tell you so. Lucky for you, I don't have any class at all... So I'm telling you.

You fcuk with the moderators one more time, or make one more stupid fcuking insulting comment to a member, you're the fcuk out... capisce?

And Q8Y- I see you down there... Let me apologize on behalf of the board for his behavior in the other thread... I actually KNOW what it is he was talking shit about... And its no fcuking joking matter.... I would ask him to apologize, but I suspect he isn't man enough to do it.

Make no mistake Gentlemen. Remarks like that, attacking ANY member's country, nationality, homeland, race or religion WILL NOT BE TOLERATED HERE.

End of story. Now you can all go fcuk off and have a nice day.

Who is this Roy Cats you speak of........ Sounds vaguely familiar..

You know Roy... Hes a nut collector.

(Sorry Roy... I couldn't resist)